The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The more I think about it, the more i like the sound of Coutinho.. Very exciting player and reminds me of a player in the silva / mata / Cazorla mould, playing off the striker

There was a risk of Sneijder being Cole v2

As much as I love Coutinho on FM we really need to be careful not too overpay for someone who's only managed a handful of games for Inter, especially given their financial situation.

Coutinho is really versatile, very good dribbler aswell. Would be a handy player for Liverpool I'd say

for a 20 year old Brazilian who has/did have fantastic potential you will never get for 5 million

round the 8ish mark would be more realistic imo

Honestly I don't think he's worth that. His progress stalled, even though he had a decent spell on loan at Espanyol at the end of last season, he's not played much since. I'm not saying he's a bad player and at his age if he gets regular games and stays clear of injuries he can only get better, but 8-10m (I read an 8m had been knocked back but I can't recall if it was euros or pounds) seems a bit too much for me.

I'd have taken Sneijder any day of the week.

The more I think about it, the more i like the sound of Coutinho.. Very exciting player and reminds me of a player in the silva / mata / Cazorla mould, playing off the striker

There was a risk of Sneijder being Cole v2

Very good singing if true. He is very good talent, just that because of Moratti Inter managers can't integrate young players to their first 11. Only exception was Juan Jesus as Samuel was injured.

He didn't get chances at Inter, loaned out to Espanyol there he showed what he can do with run of games (he was 19 then). Now again he is not getting chances at Inter.

He is not really behind the striker player. I mean he is good at it, but his passing and vision is not great to play that role. Lot of scope for improvement which he will with run of games, but as of now he is very much a LW who loves to cut in from wide positions and he is very good at it.

It will be monumental **** up by Inter management if they let this kid go.

Honestly I don't think he's worth that. His progress stalled, even though he had a decent spell on loan at Espanyol at the end of last season, he's not played much since. I'm not saying he's a bad player and at his age if he gets regular games and stays clear of injuries he can only get better, but 8-10m (I read an 8m had been knocked back but I can't recall if it was euros or pounds) seems a bit too much for me.

I'd have taken Sneijder any day of the week.

His progress has definitely stalled because of coach and Inter management. Talented for sure just needs run of games. For the price quoted it's a easy decision.

if inter i reading this then they are stupid as ****. please guys this kid is talented to the max. i honestly believe that his dribbling is on par, with the worlds best. he is a bit lightweight, in terms of you can easily shrug him of the ball, but if he works on his technique like silva e.g shield the ball then accelerate away he could be amazing. can play on the left to so he would give us the balance we need on the left, instead of glen johnson cutting in everytime when played left back. his south american so he will always be able to pick a pass. i would rather him than paul ince. who is just overrated IMO.

if inter i reading this then they are stupid as ****. please guys this kid is talented to the max. i honestly believe that his dribbling is on par, with the worlds best. he is a bit lightweight, in terms of you can easily shrug him of the ball, but if he works on his technique like silva e.g shield the ball then accelerate away he could be amazing. can play on the left to so he would give us the balance we need on the left, instead of glen johnson cutting in everytime when played left back. his south american so he will always be able to pick a pass. i would rather him than paul ince. who is just overrated IMO.

I may be mistaken but isn't Coutinho completely right footed? So what difference does it make whether it's him cutting in from the left or Johnson?

Yeah, Paul Ince is definitely past his best.

I may be mistaken but isn't Coutinho completely right footed? So what difference does it make whether it's him cutting in from the left or Johnson?

Yeah, Paul Ince is definitely past his best.

agreed at the grand old age of 20...

i think he is both footed i.e not someone who will shift the ball on thier right foot and shoot from there, he is perfectaly capable of shooting with his left. lool meant to say tom ince.

i think he is both footed i.e not someone who will shift the ball on thier right foot and shoot from there, he is perfectaly capable of shooting with his left. lool meant to say tom ince.

Tim Vickery, gave his view on Couthino:

“Struggled for first team chances, he was little bit overhyped on the way up, not physically strong, lacked a left foot… Reputations can be built up too soon. He’s been treading water for a couple of years. There is some talent though…”

BBC - Podcasts and Downloads - 5 live's World Football Phone-in

Tim Vickery, gave his view on Couthino:

“Struggled for first team chances, he was little bit overhyped on the way up, not physically strong, lacked a left foot… Reputations can be built up too soon. He’s been treading water for a couple of years. There is some talent though…”

BBC - Podcasts and Downloads - 5 live's World Football Phone-in

he is definitely very much one footed, that said I havent watched him in about a year or so, so he may well have improved on that front.

I can't believe that you suggested that Coutinho would be a good passer because of his South American heritage.

Back