The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The transfer fee would be slightly more, but his wages and overall clauses/contract would be significantly less

Add the fact Coutinho can play in all three positions behind the striker more naturally than Sneijder its not all bad.

Obviously would have preferred Sniejder, but should help us financially also

The transfer fee would be slightly more, but his wages and overall clauses/contract would be significantly less

Add the fact Coutinho can play in all three positions behind the striker more naturally than Sneijder its not all bad.

Obviously would have preferred Sniejder, but should help us financially also

I agree, but I just don't want us to be spunking 200k a week on wages for a player who while possessing immense quality is not guaranteed to perform.

I agree, but I just don't want us to be spunking 200k a week on wages for a player who while possessing immense quality is not guaranteed to perform.

Italian reporters also saying that the hold up all this time was Sneijder wanted a pay off from Inter..

Seems his quote about it 'not being about money' is completely false seeing as Inter are paying him 2 million!

Except no one is paying 200K for Sneijder. Galatasray president confirmed the fee and wages few days back.

Italian reporters also saying that the hold up all this time was Sneijder wanted a pay off from Inter..

Seems his quote about it 'not being about money' is completely false seeing as Inter are paying him 2 million!

Golden handshake is very common when he is forced to take a pay cut and also he deserves loyalty bonus. So it's not all about money, there were reports that he was ready to take pay cut but Moratti said it was too late.

Except no one is paying 200K for Sneijder. Galatasray president confirmed the fee and wages few days back.

Golden handshake is very common when he is forced to take a pay cut and also he deserves loyalty bonus. So it's not all about money, there were reports that he was ready to take pay cut but Moratti said it was too late.

Still is getting paid-off by Inter and leaving for a team offering more money ( not 200k a week i know )

They may be more likely to get into the Champs League, but its a poor league and the standard is no way near the Prem..

just seems a waste in a top player

Still is getting paid-off by Inter and leaving for a team offering more money ( not 200k a week i know )

They may be more likely to get into the Champs League, but its a poor league and the standard is no way near the Prem..

just seems a waste in a top player

He is not getting paid more money than what he is paid now. With Inter he has 6M per year contract and Galatsray president said Sneidjer's wages are less than 5.5 Million.

AFAIK, not many teams were interested, hence his selling price is low (also because of his high wages) and no one knows what Liverpool offered him.

He was forced out of Inter, just like they did to Maicon, Julio Cesar, Lucio. They want to get rid of high earners to comply with FFP, thats the reason they are getting rid of high earners and not signing any one on massive wages. (How they haven't terminated Stankovic's contract is beyond me).

He is not getting paid more money than what he is paid now. With Inter he has 6M per year contract and Galatsray president said Sneidjer's wages are less than 5.5 Million.

AFAIK, not many teams were interested, hence his selling price is low (also because of his high wages) and no one knows what Liverpool offered him.

He was forced out of Inter, just like they did to Maicon, Julio Cesar, Lucio. They want to get rid of high earners to comply with FFP, thats the reason they are getting rid of high earners and not signing any one on massive wages. (How they haven't terminated Stankovic's contract is beyond me).

i know he is earning less now, but its still around the 120-130k mark

according to Dello sport and the italian journalist, LFC wanted to pay 90k going up to around 120k if/when we make champions league in the next few years

wasn't enough apparently, but its still unconfirmed

i know he is earning less now, but its still around the 120-130k mark

according to Dello sport and the italian journalist, LFC wanted to pay 90k going up to around 120k if/when we make champions league in the next few years

wasn't enough apparently, but its still unconfirmed

Going by Galatasray president words 5.5 Million Euro, which is around 106K Euro per week (90K pound). Not really high for player of his caliber. Not many clubs wanted him because of his injury record and no one knows what Liverpool offered. One reliable source said Liverpool didn't offer signing on fee.

Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila
Part 2: Galatasaray are willing to offer signing on fee. Liverpool not offered no signing on fee on current package YET #LFC

Going by Galatasray president words 5.5 Million Euro, which is around 106K Euro per week (90K pound). Not really high for player of his caliber. Not many clubs wanted him because of his injury record and no one knows what Liverpool offered. One reliable source said Liverpool didn't offer signing on fee.

Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila
Part 2: Galatasaray are willing to offer signing on fee. Liverpool not offered no signing on fee on current package YET #LFC

got to agree that it is not that much, if it is to be believed what the owner has said..

would be a big sign of intent from FSG, as the policy for young players only ( although rumoured ) and there lack of money put into the squad ( there own money, not reinvested sales ) is worrying some fans

got to agree that it is not that much, if it is to be believed what the owner has said..

would be a big sign of intent from FSG, as the policy for young players only ( although rumoured ) and there lack of money put into the squad ( there own money, not reinvested sales ) is worrying some fans

Well if you can't believe Owner's words then ;)

Yeah Sneijder's arrival would have been huge lift for whole club, chance missed by many clubs IMO. His injury record is not great but when fit he was superb (at least for coaches who knew how to use him).

Well if you can't believe Owner's words then ;)

Yeah Sneijder's arrival would have been huge lift for whole club, chance missed by many clubs IMO. His injury record is not great but when fit he was superb (at least for coaches who knew how to use him).

agreed on Sneijder,

I just have a sneaky feeling with Owners when they say something its to help them, and most things are usually kept private especially contract offers when other clubs are interested

agreed on Sneijder,

I just have a sneaky feeling with Owners when they say something its to help them, and most things are usually kept private especially contract offers when other clubs are interested

If that was the case then he should have said Sneijder's wages are 10Million to just scare Liverpool out of the race.

There were many rumors about transfer fee and wages so for once he confirmed everything. And also IMO except England, most league are transparent about player wages and transfer fee.

If that was the case then he should have said Sneijder's wages are 10Million to just scare Liverpool out of the race.

There were many rumors about transfer fee and wages so for once he confirmed everything. And also IMO except England, most league are transparent about player wages and transfer fee.

true, just hope LFC come in with a better offer at the last minute

Sneijder's signed for Gala

This will come across as bitter, but I am glad. look through my history, I didn't want him. He used to be a terrific player, but things have changed, and he's not worth that wage. Still a bit sad to see us lose out on another target. I think our negotiating is pretty awful.

true, just hope LFC come in with a better offer at the last minute

Its confirmed. At 10m euros and 106k euros a week, feel that should have been in Liverpools grasp, especially when you are chasing Coutinho for £8m.

And there is no comparison between the two, WS is hands down a far superior player.

Its confirmed. At 10m euros and 106k euros a week, feel that should have been in Liverpools grasp, especially when you are chasing Coutinho for £8m.

And there is no comparison between the two, WS is hands down a far superior player.

But he's also getting no younger, is already at his peak, wanted way more money and is less versatile. If you gave me the choice between the two right now I'd easily take Coutinho.

Whether Liverpool get either remains to be seen, though.

Back