The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Meh, I'm not fussed over Aguero, great player, but he wouldn't really fit in, he'd force us to 4-3-3.

Due to the Atletico Madrid/Real Madrid rivalry, Atletico's chairman has offered him to Barcelona, although Kun has stated that he wants to negotiate with all teams ..

From what I understand though, Aguero himself has said himself he wants to join Real Madrid. Shame. Would've been great to see him in the premiership

No he hasn't. In fact, he has said it's highly unlikely he will go to Real Madrid. Don't remember the source though.

He'd take a huge amount out our budget, would rather we sure up all over the park before adding to a strong area.

No he hasn't. In fact, he has said it's highly unlikely he will go to Real Madrid. Don't remember the source though.

Ah well. There was a Spanish Journo on Talksport who said he'd go there. Guess thats Journos for you

Alright, i'm sick of all those loose rumors on Facebook. Anybody know any people on Twitter that provide plausible rumors?

Jan Molby believes Dirk Kuyt would get into the Barcelona team.

Pep Guardiola's men earned their status as Europe's top side with a 3-1 Champions League final triumph over Manchester United last month - and some even believe they are the best team in the history of club football.

With Xavi, David Villa, Lionel Messi, Pedro and Andres Iniesta occupying the forward positions, it's difficult to see where ANY player would fit in.

But Molby - who scored 61 goals in 292 games for Liverpool during the 1980s and early 1990s - is adamant Kuyt would be on the teamsheet.

Speaking to LFC TV, the Dane said: "As a player you look at someone and think 'Would I like to play against him?' And no, I wouldn't, because Dirk pesters and he's at you none stop. He's running, he's working, he's closing you down.

"I think the training (under Kenny Dalglish) has really benefitted him. There are a lot more touches for individual players and Dirk's first touch has improved because of that.

"I always say this about him - and I mean it: he would walk into any team in the world. Because of the things he gives you.

"He wouldn't be their best footballer but I think he would play in Barcelona's team."

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

[video=youtube;bnq3OITI0_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnq3OITI0_4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]T
'wiffic Phil Jones, hope we get him.

"Think we'll get him, £10m package (inc add ons)
Not too sure how much straight up front yet..

Wickham in Ngog out is the plan."

Does anybody else not want N'Zogbia, I have nothing against him but the money paid for him could be well invested elsewhere on bigger targets, £10-15m is a lot of money for somebody who might struggle to compete with the players we already have let alone if we bring anyone else in.

United arent particularly interested, way down the list despite what the media say. Much more focused on Luka Modric or Sneijder, though the former is the priority target. The likes of Defour are also ahead in the list

Cant see the aguero transfer happening in any way, simply becuase it doesnt make sense as a signing. Phil jones would be a cracking buy

Can't really see United buying Sneijder, but that's for another thread.. Happy with signing Adam, as long as the fee is resonable, I mean he has what, 12 months left on his deal? He's never going to sign a new deal and in now at a Championship club, we really shouldn't be paying more than £5m for him, but depends who's interested.

Meh, Aguero would be pretty awesome but not really going to effect us too much either way, much higher priorities for the club, if we can bring in Henderson and Jones I will be very, very happy, they are both quality players.

Jones and Mata should be top priorities, I imagine a lot of clubs will be in for them, need to get them done quickly.

Does anybody else not want N'Zogbia, I have nothing against him but the money paid for him could be well invested elsewhere on bigger targets, £10-15m is a lot of money for somebody who might struggle to compete with the players we already have let alone if we bring anyone else in.

I think N'Zogbia would get a place in pretty much any squad in the prem today, if you don't like him I'd be more than happy to have him on the blue half of Merseyside.

Dream on. Nothing gets done whilst Kenny is on his hols apparently.

Don't ask me why.

commoli will be working on it. liverpools chances of sucess rely on them moving quietly and quickly

commoli will be working on it. liverpools chances of sucess rely on them moving quietly and quickly

Spot on Mike. The transfer targets will have been discussed for months and it's Commoli and the owners' job to negotiate the terms and value of each deal. Kenny will have had his say a long time ago on which players he wants.

The Aguero thing keeps lingering. Thing is that we can afford it right now but it would smash the wage structure at the club if he doesn't take a substantial wage cut. The usual way round that is to give players a share of image rights but the tax man is getting really interested in that so club would have to set aside money in case they have to pay tax on it. Think he's a quality player, think he'd fit right into the team - especially if we head towards a 4-3-3 as seems very likely - but I'm not convinced it's really value unless we buy him relatively cheaply compared to what Atletico are quoting Real Madrid for him.

One of the good things coming out of this transfer window is the clear focus on buying players who can do a job now but will mature and hopefully get even better over the next two or three years. Rather than bargain basement punts, we're talking about the best talent we can find and can now afford to pay £10m - £15m on those type of players. Really, really encouraging to see that. Sure there'll be duds bought, but it's the kind of player we've not been bringing in because of the two leeches sucking the club dry. Also liking us going in early (I'd expect two sets of transfers split between both financial years we have this summer) and forcing other clubs to show their hands and consider impact on their balance sheets for this current financial year. Many of them just won't be able to match us right now.

Happy days. No Rick Parry involved in transfers, no leeches bleeding the club financially, and some very smart businessmen looking towards the future of the club with the coaching staff. Oh and King Kenny in charge.

Spot on Mike. The transfer targets will have been discussed for months and it's Commoli and the owners' job to negotiate the terms and value of each deal. Kenny will have had his say a long time ago on which players he wants.

The Aguero thing keeps lingering. Thing is that we can afford it right now but it would smash the wage structure at the club if he doesn't take a substantial wage cut. The usual way round that is to give players a share of image rights but the tax man is getting really interested in that so club would have to set aside money in case they have to pay tax on it. Think he's a quality player, think he'd fit right into the team - especially if we head towards a 4-3-3 as seems very likely - but I'm not convinced it's really value unless we buy him relatively cheaply compared to what Atletico are quoting Real Madrid for him.

One of the good things coming out of this transfer window is the clear focus on buying players who can do a job now but will mature and hopefully get even better over the next two or three years. Rather than bargain basement punts, we're talking about the best talent we can find and can now afford to pay £10m - £15m on those type of players. Really, really encouraging to see that. Sure there'll be duds bought, but it's the kind of player we've not been bringing in because of the two leeches sucking the club dry. Also liking us going in early (I'd expect two sets of transfers split between both financial years we have this summer) and forcing other clubs to show their hands and consider impact on their balance sheets for this current financial year. Many of them just won't be able to match us right now.

Happy days. No Rick Parry involved in transfers, no leeches bleeding the club financially, and some very smart businessmen looking towards the future of the club with the coaching staff. Oh and King Kenny in charge.

I think Aguero would smash the wage structure at virtually any club! Superb player, but i dont see the worth compared to what he would cost and what the club need.

Think liverpool have a very bright future, but a delicate balancing act still to go, paying champions league wages but without the champions league revenue

I think Aguero would smash the wage structure at virtually any club! Superb player, but i dont see the worth compared to what he would cost and what the club need.

Think liverpool have a very bright future, but a delicate balancing act still to go, paying champions league wages but without the champions league revenue

Hate to say it, but think it'd be a real marker for the owners. Best player available on the market brought to Anfield in spite of interest from the European elite and a lack of any European football would be a real statement of intent for the future of the club under them. It would also make future signings a little easier - how many players would turn down a chance to play with Suarez, Aguerro and Gerrard? But, but... sanity kicks in and I can't see it happening.

True about CL revenue. On the positive side, the recent commercial deals struck should more than cover the loss of CL revenue for the moment. My big concern is stadium financing to be honest. Henry said a while back that they view the stadium as being seperate from the 'club'. That's something I'm going to be watching very carefully. I can't see how we can fund a major refurb/restructure or a new stadium and compete in the transfer market currently. It's circle NESV are going to have to square somehow. I can see the stadium being kicked into a medium term decision - build up the team and squad so little spending needs to be done in two years time and focus on getting back into the CL every season. If we can do that, then the affordability of the stadium isn't so much of an issue.

Back