The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Rafa has us finish in 2nd with 86pts, won and FA Cup and The Champions League. Not bad for a mediocre squad with terrible owners.

Not necessarily (hope I spelled it right) Kaka, but it's a rumour that's going around in the newspapers that aren't "very good at making rumours up"
You did spell necessarily right :p
Kaka is a little old IMO anyways.

I think Rafa did alright. His mistake was winning the CL in his first season. That way the supporters, and club expected way to much of him.

That's just my opinion.

He also got more paranoid as time went on & of course there was the Xabi fiasco - a huge error of judgement on Rafa's part which cost him dearly in the end, as we fell apart spectacularly when he left for Madrid.

****, if he does that for Villa if he joins us I will not be complaining when he leaves. :P

You just gotta get into the CL first. But i shouldn't talk. Liverpool didn't even make EL :P

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

He also got more paranoid as time went on & of course there was the Xabi fiasco - a huge error of judgement on Rafa's part which cost him dearly in the end, as we fell apart spectacularly when he left for Madrid.

Yeah, as for Liverpool's slump, it started when Xabi left. After he left, we had a terrible pre-season and to add a terrible 2 seasons. But hey, he said he wouldn't rule out a comeback to Anfield :p

You're kidding right? Salifou has left. We'll never get CL again :'(

Young is apparently going to United, and Downing is apparently on his way to Liverpool. So yeah, you're pretty much ****** <)

Young is apparently going to United, and Downing is apparently on his way to Liverpool. So yeah, you're pretty much ****** <)

They're not going for free, y'know. But this is neither the time nor place. ;)

A post from one of the ITK's on RAWK:

''As a few people, and rightly so, point out, take what you hear from ITK's with a pinch of salt. This is now even more paramount. You may have missed a post I put in (i think) the Henderson topic. Kenny had told Commolli to keep transfers quiet as our rivals are hearing about them and acting. This is in effect. My source now is hearing very little. And if he isnt getting the information, it truly is showing that were going old school, and rightly so. Im happy in a way. Its how it should be.

I must point out others like Brientner and scott may still hold valid information. I can say this as we have conversed in PM's (and I am told Des Lynam is too, though I havnt had the pleasure of chatting to him). Whereas others, their the one's you really do have to take with a pinch of salt. Thats my 2p's worth.

And just in case, "the big **** off signing" I will still say as soon as I can. Though by that point he will have either joined another club, or ourselves, though a couple of mods know who it is.
swave.gif

-----

P.S from Royhendo

The message here is crystal clear guys. The man at the top (King Kenny himself) has asked his staff to keep quiet. So naturally, things are going to get quiet.

We might still hear stuff from the clubs we're dealing with, or with the players we're negotiating with, or "their people", but you'll know, unless we see almost identical articles in several papers (as we did the other day about Henderson - a briefing had taken place), that it's not (or it shouldn't be) coming from within the club.

Meanwhile, Des Lynam, Scott, Oddball, Breitner and others been completely open with their positions, and are posting what they know in good faith. It's much appreciated. Make sure you leave them in peace, and don't bombard them or derail threads based on what you'd like them to tell you. They'll tell you what they're able to tell you.

Cheers. ''

-----------------

Very good news. The Liverpool way is back.

A post from one of the ITK's on RAWK:

''As a few people, and rightly so, point out, take what you hear from ITK's with a pinch of salt. This is now even more paramount. You may have missed a post I put in (i think) the Henderson topic. Kenny had told Commolli to keep transfers quiet as our rivals are hearing about them and acting. This is in effect. My source now is hearing very little. And if he isnt getting the information, it truly is showing that were going old school, and rightly so. Im happy in a way. Its how it should be.

I must point out others like Brientner and scott may still hold valid information. I can say this as we have conversed in PM's (and I am told Des Lynam is too, though I havnt had the pleasure of chatting to him). Whereas others, their the one's you really do have to take with a pinch of salt. Thats my 2p's worth.

And just in case, "the big **** off signing" I will still say as soon as I can. Though by that point he will have either joined another club, or ourselves, though a couple of mods know who it is.
swave.gif

-----

P.S from Royhendo

The message here is crystal clear guys. The man at the top (King Kenny himself) has asked his staff to keep quiet. So naturally, things are going to get quiet.

We might still hear stuff from the clubs we're dealing with, or with the players we're negotiating with, or "their people", but you'll know, unless we see almost identical articles in several papers (as we did the other day about Henderson - a briefing had taken place), that it's not (or it shouldn't be) coming from within the club.

Meanwhile, Des Lynam, Scott, Oddball, Breitner and others been completely open with their positions, and are posting what they know in good faith. It's much appreciated. Make sure you leave them in peace, and don't bombard them or derail threads based on what you'd like them to tell you. They'll tell you what they're able to tell you.

Cheers. ''

-----------------

Very good news. The Liverpool way is back.

nor surprised, liverpool chances rely on doing business quickly and quietly. Notice how you have heard very little from United ITKs, same also applies to us, though we have more room to manouver than you

I think Rafa did alright. His mistake was winning the CL in his first season. That way the supporters, and club expected way to much of him.

That's just my opinion.

His mistake was buying **** players and finishing seventh. I had no problem with him winning the Champions League, or getting to another final 2 years later, or finishing second 2 years ago, I don't think any Liverpool fan does.. oO)

Last edited:
question guys, what do you think about Rafa Benitez coaching while he was in Liverpool?

Me and my friend (both Liverpool supporters) have had a small disagreement on that. I claim Rafa B was great at Liverpool but didn't have a lot of luck in his last season, but my friend says the opposite, that Rafa Benitez wasn't even good...

Oh and by the way, don't know why, but a rumour on croatian webpages appeared that Liverpool want to bring in Bojan from Barca and one of the 5 on sale at Madrid (Garay, Diarra, Kaka, Gago, Pedro Leon - 1 of them... not sure which one)

Great manager, you need to be to win the Champions League with Djimi Traore... Excellent tactically, not so good man-managing though. Nice guy, loves the club and the city, done very well, finished us in the top 4 in all but 2 seasons, and yes his last season nothing at all went well (Beach ball...)

---------- Post added 07/06/2011 at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was 06/06/2011 at 07:16 PM ----------

Will reveal the name of a Spanish footballer who is very close to signing for Liverpool FC, 08:30 tonight!

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

ITK on Phil Jones; "blackburn have named the price (can't say what yet) it's not crazy money either, which is fantastic.
we will do everything to sign him, he's our no1 target."

Who will?!

Cadena Ser
Some Spanish thing, pretty reliable, all the major Journo's all over it.

"General consensus is that Valencia winger Juan Mata is the player Cadena SER will reveal tonight that #LFC could be on the verge of signing."
Enrique
Jeffren
Bojan
Even...Alonso...=O
Or some one completely under-whelming...

Cadena Ser

"General consensus is that Valencia winger Juan Mata is the player Cadena SER will reveal tonight that #LFC could be on the verge of signing."
Enrique
Jeffren
Bojan
Even...Alonso...=O

Jesus christ!

@PacojoSER "Tonight @h25deportes speaks with a Spanish player who has an offer from #LFC and will probably be at Anfield in a month"

@PacojoSER "Tonight @h25deportes speaks with a Spanish player who has an offer from #LFC and will probably be at Anfield in a month"

I'd be amazed if it isn't Mata. City want him but he wants us.

[/COLOR]ITK on Phil Jones; "blackburn have named the price (can't say what yet) it's not crazy money either, which is fantastic.
we will do everything to sign him, he's our no1 target."

Ssssshhhhh ! Don't tell everyone, or Sheikh City will hove into view armed with their tactical buying philosophy of offering stupid money for players they don't even need ! ;)

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Cadena Ser

Enrique
Jeffren
Bojan
Even...Alonso...=O

Never Alonso - Madrid would have to be MENTAL to part with him. Hope it's Mata & not Enrique.

Back