The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Hate to say it, but think it'd be a real marker for the owners. Best player available on the market brought to Anfield in spite of interest from the European elite and a lack of any European football would be a real statement of intent for the future of the club under them. It would also make future signings a little easier - how many players would turn down a chance to play with Suarez, Aguerro and Gerrard? But, but... sanity kicks in and I can't see it happening.

True about CL revenue. On the positive side, the recent commercial deals struck should more than cover the loss of CL revenue for the moment. My big concern is stadium financing to be honest. Henry said a while back that they view the stadium as being seperate from the 'club'. That's something I'm going to be watching very carefully. I can't see how we can fund a major refurb/restructure or a new stadium and compete in the transfer market currently. It's circle NESV are going to have to square somehow. I can see the stadium being kicked into a medium term decision - build up the team and squad so little spending needs to be done in two years time and focus on getting back into the CL every season. If we can do that, then the affordability of the stadium isn't so much of an issue.

Yeah been reading up on andersred's take on it, and it looks a little precarious when it comes to the stadium, eve though its desperately needed as far as stadia goes. Personally i think a new one is the better route

Phil Jones and Henderson playing for U-21's on ESPN now.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Chelsea want to make Guus Hiddink their new manager this week – and then raid Liverpool to bring back Steve Clarke.

Turkey chief Hiddink will complete a *return to Stamford Bridge as soon as possible, with owner Roman Abramovich ready to write a cheque to the Turkish FA to buy out the rest of his contract.

The veteran Dutchman has opened the door to a second spell at Chelsea, but he will not job-share like he did last time when he was coach of the Russian national side.

Abramovich and Chelsea must thrash out terms with the Turks as they look to find their new boss in a hurry – with *plenty of transfer activity planned for the coming weeks.

The Russian billionaire wants an answer fast, with Tottenham’s Harry Redknapp waiting in the wings as an alternative should their swoop fail.

Chelsea are also looking at adding to their coaching staff, with a vacancy open since Ray Wilkins was axed halfway through the last campaign.

Abramovich would like to see former player and *assistant-manager Clarke *return. However, he has signed a new deal to work with Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool and will be hard to budge.

People Sport can *reveal Abramovich has been personally *pushing on a couple of transfer targets but he is keen to have a boss in situ to help *persuade *stars to join.

Chelsea are poised to *battle for Brazil striker *Neymar and Wigan midfielder James *McCarthy among others.

Abramovich wants his *manager in place quickly – and Hiddink is well aware of that – *because he wants new names at Stamford Bridge soon.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footba...2039-23180159/

=O **** off

Anyway, Clarke won't want to go back anyway. Just signed a three year contract, and has already said he loves working with Kenny.

"I expect LFC to make their first signing/signings in the next 48 hours. Or if not signed a bid accepted. Henderson and Downing." From an ITK.

Last edited:
"I expect LFC to make their first signing/signings in the next 48 hours. Or if not signed a bid accepted. Henderson and Downing." From an ITK.

Bah tommo's getting slow - I told you it was true about Henderson a day ago ;p

Bah tommo's getting slow - I told you it was true about Henderson a day ago ;p

Well then we've only got 24 hours left then =O =P

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

The Big Interview with Xabi on LFC.TV now.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Xabi ranks the Champions League over his World Cup win. Hero.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Xabi, when asked if he would return to Liverpool one day replied "Why not?" <33333333333

xabi is one of madrids key players though so he would cost lots of ££££££

If money wasn't an option, and we could sing just one player this summer (anyone) I'd choose Xabi Alonso every time.

then he would be older and maybe not as good?

dont shoot me (6)

Meh, he never had great pace, he doesn't depend on it either. Sits in the centre and passes it better than any player in the world.

Sigh, hope that Xabi interview is repeated. Had set it to record but it failed.

Meh, he never had great pace, he doesn't depend on it either. Sits in the centre and passes it better than any player in the world.

His positional sense & descision-making are quite remarkable too. He's never had pace, but then again he's never needed it.

question guys, what do you think about Rafa Benitez coaching while he was in Liverpool?

Me and my friend (both Liverpool supporters) have had a small disagreement on that. I claim Rafa B was great at Liverpool but didn't have a lot of luck in his last season, but my friend says the opposite, that Rafa Benitez wasn't even good...

Oh and by the way, don't know why, but a rumour on croatian webpages appeared that Liverpool want to bring in Bojan from Barca and one of the 5 on sale at Madrid (Garay, Diarra, Kaka, Gago, Pedro Leon - 1 of them... not sure which one)

question guys, what do you think about Rafa Benitez coaching while he was in Liverpool?

Me and my friend (both Liverpool supporters) have had a small disagreement on that. I claim Rafa B was great at Liverpool but didn't have a lot of luck in his last season, but my friend says the opposite, that Rafa Benitez wasn't even good...

He won a CL with what was, let us face it, not a team that would be expected to win it in any of the surrounding years. He is an excellent manager, and was brilliant for Liverpool.

I think Rafa did alright. His mistake was winning the CL in his first season. That way the supporters, and club expected way to much of him.

That's just my opinion.

Oh and by the way, don't know why, but a rumour on croatian webpages appeared that Liverpool want to bring in Bojan from Barca and one of the 5 on sale at Madrid (Garay, Diarra, Kaka, Gago, Pedro Leon - 1 of them... not sure which one)

Bojan and kaka at anfield next season? oO)

As for Rafa chokopop pretty much summed it up, won the CL straight away then season after season the fans want the same.

I think Rafa did alright. His mistake was winning the CL in his first season. That way the supporters, and club expected way to much of him.

That's just my opinion.

****, if he does that for Villa if he joins us I will not be complaining when he leaves. :P

Bojan and kaka at anfield next season? oO)

As for Rafa chokopop pretty much summed it up, won the CL straight away then season after season the fans want the same.

Not necessarily (hope I spelled it right) Kaka, but it's a rumour that's going around in the newspapers that aren't "very good at making rumours up"

Back