The Liverpool Thread

Well, agree about Aquilani. Can't sell him off without making a loss from the original sum we paid for him. Pity that Juventus won't take him permanently though, he's doing okay there.

Liverpool target £8m Spaniard

Liverpool are considering a move for Real Sociedad's Xabi Prieto as they continue their exhaustive attempts to rebuild for next season.

Prieto came through the ranks at Real Sociedad and along with Antoine Griezmann, who Liverpool have also watched, is one of the Basque club's most saleable assets.
Griezmann came close to joining Liverpool during the last transfer window and the 20-year-old remains high on the Anfield club's wanted list.
Barcelona's Jeffren Suarez has also been mentioned.

Source: Daily Mail.

Found it on Liverpools website.

Sanchez would cost more than Hazard imo. He is ripping defense in the Serie A, proved his class in the world cup and he would be more safer bet than Hazard.

I think both would cost around 20-25 Million, and Hazard might even cost less than that around 15-20, and if I'm not wrong he said he prefers Arsenal and Arsenal are interested in him too..

Hazard has just signed a contract extension until 2014. There is no way on planet earth that Hazard will go for less than £22-£25m this summer. I'll wank off to a picture of Gary Glitter if he does.

Reina
Kelly - Carra - Agger - Kadlec
Gerrard - Meireles - Lucas - Hazard
Carroll - Suarez​

Please? (A)

Would prefer Coentrao, instead of Kadlec, but that's just my opinion.

Would prefer Coentrao, instead of Kadlec, but that's just my opinion.

Leaves the left flank slightly more exploited with Hazard ahead of him. Kadlec is more reliable. Of course I wouldn't mind Coentrao either. :p

Leaves the left flank slightly more exploited with Hazard ahead of him. Kadlec is more reliable. Of course I wouldn't mind Coentrao either. :p
Got to finish in europe first if you hazard though i should have added

Agree. We need to catch Spurs if we want to attract these kind of players.

If we start playing a little better, we might be able to catch Spurs.. But with games like Man City and Arsenal it's gonna be tough.

EDIT: But i agree, we need to qualify for Europe to be able to get any big profiles.

Last edited:
If we start playing a little better, we might be able to catch Spurs.. But with games like Man City and Arsenal it's gonna be tough.

Look at Spurs' run in:

Saturday, 2 April 2011
Barclays Premier League
Wigan v Tottenham, 15:00
Tuesday, 5 April 2011
Uefa Champions League
Real Madrid v Tottenham, QFL1, L1, 19:45
Saturday, 9 April 2011
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Stoke, 15:00
Wednesday, 13 April 2011
Uefa Champions League
Tottenham v Real Madrid, QFL1, L2, 19:45
Sunday, 17 April 2011
Barclays Premier League
Man City v Tottenham, 13:30
Wednesday, 20 April 2011
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Arsenal, 19:45
Saturday, 23 April 2011
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v West Brom, 15:00
Saturday, 30 April 2011
Barclays Premier League
Chelsea v Tottenham, 17:30
Saturday, 7 May 2011
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Blackpool, 15:00
Sunday, 15 May 2011
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Tottenham, 15:00
Sunday, 22 May 2011
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Birmingham, 16:00

Not an easy run in at all, especially as they have two games against Madrid as well.

That's true, but you know Liverpool. One game they can win against big teams (E.G 3-1 Man Utd) and the next game loose against the worst (E.G West ham 3-1). So it's gonna be tough.

That's true, but you know Liverpool. One game they can win against big teams (E.G 3-1 Man Utd) and the next game loose against the worst (E.G West ham 3-1). So it's gonna be tough.

Think I'll have a look at the EPL predictor in a bit, just Liverpool and Spurs results and see what I get. Realistically, I don't think we'll do it but it'll be helluva battle.

Think I'll have a look at the EPL predictor in a bit, just Liverpool and Spurs results and see what I get. Realistically, I don't think we'll do it but it'll be helluva battle.

Well, it is possible, but it's gonna be tough run!

Reina
Kelly - Carra - Agger - Kadlec
Gerrard - Meireles - Lucas - Hazard
Carroll - Suarez​

Please? (A)

Gerrard should not be playing on the right - it completely neglects his best qualities.

And I don't think Carragher will be as regular - I think he will be filtered out, like was done with Hyypia.

Gerrard should not be playing on the right - it completely neglects his best qualities.

I think he should to be honest; Kenny will play a 4-4-2 next season and having Gerrard in CM would be a bad idea. He would be more suited on the right, in 05-06 (I think) he had one of his best seasons in a Liverpool shirt when he played right midfield. He doesn't have the discipline to play in a 4-4-2 anymore I feel.

And I don't think Carragher will be as regular - I think he will be filtered out, like was done with Hyypia.

How? He has his best goalscoring season on the right. He'd be disciplined looking for passes and crosses towards Carroll and Suarez. He'd also help develop Martin Kelly at right-back. Gerrard is not as energetic as he used to be, using him as a static wide man or a deep-lying playmaker is our best option in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree, hopefully we will sign a young centre-half, or use Kelly there and buy a right-back.

Just had a look had the EPL predictor. If Liverpool win all games, Tottenham loose to Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City and City looses one more game we could even be in 4th place.. but that's just wishful thinking

I have a feeling that Kenny will probably try to be frugal when he gets the job, and will probably end up raiding the SPL. Just an opinion, mind you, but I'm fairly sure that he could probably sign a fair few players on the cheap side.

I have a feeling that Kenny will probably try to be frugal when he gets the job, and will probably end up raiding the SPL. Just an opinion, mind you, but I'm fairly sure that he could probably sign a fair few players on the cheap side.

Why the **** would he do that?! oO)