The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Again like some other Liverpool fan said last week, Internet king, winning over internet ffs..

Us Arsenal fans have a right to boo, we didn't win the Capital One Cup last season. /sarcasm

Just saw this on Twitter...

When Arsenal went behind and at half time they started Booing, when Liverpool went behind we sang even louder.

we may not be the best side anymore, but no doubting we're still one of the classiest.

Couldnt agree more

You should have watched the game. The Arsenal fans were cheering for the side and chanting "Arsenal!" with force as the team walked off at HT at the Emirates against Bayern, despite having a totally horrific half. This was a game with a minimum ticket price at just below £100.

More to the point, if Arsenal results were resolved from first half form alone, Arsenal would be around 17th in the league - the form has been that bad. People are entitled to deserve better and let the team know that it isn't the manager who pays their salaries, it is them - the fans. It is not a blank cheque, people pay to support their team, and they expect their team to entertain, and not capitulate.

Indeed they are able to feel entitled to that, just as you are entitled to your bigotry when it comes to the (incorrect) assumptions you're regurgitating from twitter (can't say I'm suprised) which you're trying to re-frame as fact and attempt to turn into a sense of "elite" identity with your own fans. "We just arn't like those people".

How about this, as an alternative: all clubs have fans who heckle and are disgruntled when their team do not perform to expectations, all clubs are supported by fans more or less just like you. The colour of your football shirt doesn't entitle you to some sense of superiority because some fans, who just happen to wear a different shirt, go and shout their mouth off and boo; as much as the colour of your skin entitles you to a sense of superiority because someone with different coloured skin commits a high profile crime you disapprove of. Hint, the shirt/colour has nothing to do with it.

Oh, and in case you want to pick a slightly larger sample size, as perhaps you want to draw broader conclusions as to the loyalty and tolerance of these super fans of yours. Reports from 2005, 2007 and 2012 track Arsenal as the 3rd largest English club when it comes to worldwide supporters with over 115 million fans, currently sitting behind Man Utd and Chelsea - this has been maintained despite 8 years without winning a single thing. Oh, I should also mention this is after your Champions' League win reported doubled your non-UK global self-identifying fanbase.

Now, could you please tell me which fans are the most fickle and disloyal again?

Or are you just throwing **** at the wall and seeing what will stick?

You should have watched the game. The Arsenal fans were cheering for the side and chanting "Arsenal!" with force as the team walked off at HT at the Emirates against Bayern, despite having a totally horrific half. This was a game with a minimum ticket price at just below £100.

More to the point, if Arsenal results were resolved from first half form alone, Arsenal would be around 17th in the league - the form has been that bad. People are entitled to deserve better and let the team know that it isn't the manager who pays their salaries, it is them - the fans. It is not a blank cheque, people pay to support their team, and they expect their team to entertain, and not capitulate.

Indeed they are able to feel entitled to that, just as you are entitled to your bigotry when it comes to the (incorrect) assumptions you're regurgitating from twitter (can't say I'm suprised) which you're trying to re-frame as fact and attempt to turn into a sense of "elite" identity with your own fans. "We just arn't like those people".

How about this, as an alternative: all clubs have fans who heckle and are disgruntled when their team do not perform to expectations, all clubs are supported by fans more or less just like you. The colour of your football shirt doesn't entitle you to some sense of superiority because some fans, who just happen to wear a different shirt, go and shout their mouth off and boo; as much as the colour of your skin entitles you to a sense of superiority because someone with different coloured skin commits a high profile crime you disapprove of. Hint, the shirt/colour has nothing to do with it.

Oh, and in case you want to pick a slightly larger sample size, as perhaps you want to draw broader conclusions as to the loyalty and tolerance of these super fans of yours. Reports from 2005, 2007 and 2012 track Arsenal as the 3rd largest English club when it comes to worldwide supporters with over 115 million fans, currently sitting behind Man Utd and Chelsea - this has been maintained despite 8 years without winning a single thing. Oh, I should also mention this is after your Champions' League win reported doubled your non-UK global self-identifying fanbase.

Now, could you please tell me which fans are the most fickle and disloyal again?

Or are you just throwing **** at the wall and seeing what will stick?

Chillax bro, everyone knows you both have **** fans.

I'm relaxed. I just saw nothing wrong with pointing out bigotry and hypocrisy when it raises its head. Or in this case, condescension.

I'm relaxed. I just saw nothing wrong with pointing out bigotry and hypocrisy when it raises its head. Or in this case, condescension.

Dude, you're on the ******* Liverpool thread. :@

Dude, you're on the ******* Liverpool thread. :@

That was exactly my point, Dunc, and I realise what you're saying when it comes to Liverpool's fans.

To reiterate, I'm explaining that regardless of the colour of shirt you wear, you're essentially exactly the same as other fans; and by extension it matters little where I posted it, it could be on any single club thread on this forum, or all of them. The point remains.

Frankly there isn't enough discussion over what being a fan actually means, and considering people actually get killed due to wearing the "wrong shirt", butchered by mobs of fans with knives while attending a game of sport which is supposed to be fun, then of course I consider it worth bringing up. Read that part again.

And are you saying it isn't worth calling out yet another person for trying to draw any kind of division between groups of fans, claiming they're superior in some way, englightened, "just not like that", and actually using factual argument and logic? Because to some this is actually worth pointing out. Should I just ignore it because "those guys just know no better"? As surely that would be entirely hypocritical of me in what I'm trying to say. I'm trying to get across that of course you can support your club, but remember you're a football fan first, and a fan of your club second; not a member of some kind of firm who goes around slagging off others.

I'm trying to work out if your facetiousness is coming from you genuinely feeling that I'm some kind of bacon salesman trying to find custom in a mosque ; or whether you think it just isn't worth discussing and pointing out that drawing divisions between fans using bigotry isn't helpful, and when that is taken to extremes, causes lifelong injuries or death to fans supporting a sports team for fun. Doesn't that strike you as a little bit odd?

Last edited:
That was exactly my point, Dunc, and I realise what you're saying when it comes to Liverpool's fans.

All clubs have some fans that are *****. If you come onto the internet and a forum with a thread dedicated to that club, you are likely to find many, many, many *****. It's not just Liverpool. Man United have Mike., Villa have Godcubed, Newcastle have Jak.. etc. It's just life. You won't get the ***** out of football, because it appears most the (good) footballers are also *****.

After reading your second paragraph, I realised you had missed my evident attempt at winding up Liverpool fans by my previous posts. Hopefully the increased use of the word '****' will enlighten you to the hilarity of my current post. Which is hilarious, I hasten to add.

Anyway, in response to the rest of your post, which doesn't appear to be aimed at me, I think it's a fairly naive view. I can't imagine it's a high percentage of any fanbase to rape pillage and burn other teams fans/stadiums/wives, in fact having attended both top flight and lower league football on a regular basis over the past 15 or so years, I think I have seen fan violence only twice (that I can remember), once at Roma v Lazio and the other Plymouth v Southampton. Although being in a massive cage at Fiorentinas ground having chairs and rocks thrown at you isn't the best, but we were in a cage, so it was fiiiine.... (Sarcasm in case you missed it :) ).

Many people love the banter that football brings, if everyone just became boring football bumchums the game would be boring as ****. If I can't give someone abuse for supporting a team different than me, then what's the point in life.

All clubs have some fans that are *****. If you come onto the internet and a forum with a thread dedicated to that club, you are likely to find many, many, many *****. It's not just Liverpool. Man United have Mike., Villa have Godcubed, Newcastle have Jak.. etc. It's just life. You won't get the ***** out of football, because it appears most the (good) footballers are also *****.

After reading your second paragraph, I realised you had missed my evident attempt at winding up Liverpool fans by my previous posts. Hopefully the increased use of the word '****' will enlighten you to the hilarity of my current post. Which is hilarious, I hasten to add.

Anyway, in response to the rest of your post, which doesn't appear to be aimed at me, I think it's a fairly naive view. I can't imagine it's a high percentage of any fanbase to rape pillage and burn other teams fans/stadiums/wives, in fact having attended both top flight and lower league football on a regular basis over the past 15 or so years, I think I have seen fan violence only twice (that I can remember), once at Roma v Lazio and the other Plymouth v Southampton. Although being in a massive cage at Fiorentinas ground having chairs and rocks thrown at you isn't the best, but we were in a cage, so it was fiiiine.... (Sarcasm in case you missed it :) ).

Many people love the banter that football brings, if everyone just became boring football bumchums the game would be boring as ****. If I can't give someone abuse for supporting a team different than me, then what's the point in life.

putting me under the Newcastle category instead of leeds, controversial ;)

Apart from Everton. Your fans are ****.

We do indeed have a growing number of epically knoblets sadly. But they are pretty much a minority and I don't pay them much mind

We do indeed have a growing number of epically knoblets sadly. But they are pretty much a minority and I don't pay them much mind

I knew I missed someone out on my list of 'clubs with a cunty fan on the forums'..

Everton - AJT

I knew I missed someone out on my list of 'clubs with a cunty fan on the forums'..

Everton - AJT

You're a very mean person :'(

Been called far worse-mainly when we beat Newcastle at St James lol. It's only banter though and normally a dam good laugh. Until of course the other kind show up lol

You're a very mean person :'(

Been called far worse-mainly when we beat Newcastle at St James lol. It's only banter though and normally a dam good laugh. Until of course the other kind show up lol

You're on an elite list with the likes of Mike., Godcubed and Jak! How's that mean! ;) hahah! Obviously I am only joking, only Mikes on the **** list.

You're on an elite list with the likes of Mike., Godcubed and Jak! How's that mean! ;) hahah! Obviously I am only joking, only Mikes on the **** list.

I'm finding it very hard to know if your serious or not haha!!

Back