The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
All clubs have some fans that are *****. If you come onto the internet and a forum with a thread dedicated to that club, you are likely to find many, many, many *****. It's not just Liverpool. Man United have Mike., Villa have Godcubed, Newcastle have Jak.. etc. It's just life. You won't get the ***** out of football, because it appears most the (good) footballers are also *****.

After reading your second paragraph, I realised you had missed my evident attempt at winding up Liverpool fans by my previous posts. Hopefully the increased use of the word '****' will enlighten you to the hilarity of my current post. Which is hilarious, I hasten to add.

Anyway, in response to the rest of your post, which doesn't appear to be aimed at me, I think it's a fairly naive view. I can't imagine it's a high percentage of any fanbase to rape pillage and burn other teams fans/stadiums/wives, in fact having attended both top flight and lower league football on a regular basis over the past 15 or so years, I think I have seen fan violence only twice (that I can remember), once at Roma v Lazio and the other Plymouth v Southampton. Although being in a massive cage at Fiorentinas ground having chairs and rocks thrown at you isn't the best, but we were in a cage, so it was fiiiine.... (Sarcasm in case you missed it :) ).

Many people love the banter that football brings, if everyone just became boring football bumchums the game would be boring as ****. If I can't give someone abuse for supporting a team different than me, then what's the point in life.

No I didn't miss the attempt to wind up the fans, I just didn't mention it. I did "like/heart" the post earlier, however. Call it a nod and a wink
angel.gif

And thank you for at least writing a thought through post. Though I do agree with TJD07's post, bacon is pretty awesome.

I do agree it's a miniscule amount of people who cause those problems, but it certainly reflects badly on the rest. As to whether you can't embrace that tribalism and actually give your friend a bit of stick for supporting a rival team? Of course. I think when it starts to become insulting and focused on bigotry, then there's nothing wrong with pointing that out, and asking why it is you are coming out with this stuff, especially if they're just plain wrong.

That's probably one of the core essences of banter, along with you don't give it if you can't take it back, regardless of how ignorant you believe the other person is, or how erudite you believe your response can be. It's very much a two way street and I know many fans revel in it to the point of writing expletive-laden banners in their stadiums calling their own/the opposition manager horrifically socially charged names purely to get a rise out of their own or opposition fans, until the stewards and police manage to take it off them of course. Are they fans? Yes? Idiots? Yes. Do you then paint all the fans walking out of that end of the stadium as idiots? No.

There's nothing wrong with combative. Nothing wrong with being a passionate fan. Though I do draw the line when it comes to panning the entire fanbase of a club based on the actions of literally 0.01% of their fanbase. And then claiming we'd never do that, not the sons and daughters in spirit of Shankly. When we all know they have (indeed as have probably ever club, ever), repeatedly. That was what I took issue with. People often identify with a single club for their entire life, wear their shirt and their colour, and their badge - for fourty, sixty, eighty years. The sort of de-humanization which has been used for countless centuries to drive a wedge between people purely to get them thinking "that group, they're different to you. less. worse."

Ultimately, while it might be naive, the alternative seems incredibly ignorant and one-eyed... Americans are stupid. British people have awful teeth. French women have hairy armpits and mustaches. The Italian book of war heroes is the smallest book in the world. Arsenal fans are feckless. Man Utd fans are only glory supporters. Barcelona fans support their cheating players. Chelsea fans are racist.

Ignorance.

Anyway, as you say, back on topic. People can of course get back to slagging each other off with abandon.

Sublime freekick. Steps on a players leg and back. Summed him up well.

To be fair, if that other guy was/is/could be a paedo, everyone would love Suarez.

Prove to me that he's not.

I love Suarez.

Sublime freekick. Steps on a players leg and back. Summed him up well.

Certainly the man has some skills.

Meh, whatever. I was reflecting on his brilliant performance. His misdemeanours have been done to death, even this one in particular. For once I'd prefer to just appreciate him for the fantastic player he is, rather than the giant **** of a man he also is.

All clubs have some fans that are *****. If you come onto the internet and a forum with a thread dedicated to that club, you are likely to find many, many, many *****.

Can neutral be a **** too? I can pretend to support somebody if thats what it takes. :(

Without Suarez, the media would have alot less to write about..

we'll just continue admiring his outstanding performances

Without Suarez, the media would have alot less to write about..

Not sure about that, Aston Villa's demise can provide a stop-gap for the next Mario Balotelli personality to walk through the doors of another big club. Or at least until Villa are relegated.

"I LOVE the fact that Suárez is a diving, cheating, stamping, kicking, racist ****."

Someone posted this on Twitter (the part about him being racist was sarcasm) - Anyway, it got me thinking, and in a sense, I like it too, I don't agree with his diving etc, but I love the fact fans from other teams hate him, and the fact it doesn't bother him.

Not sure about that, Aston Villa's demise can provide a stop-gap for the next Mario Balotelli personality to walk through the doors of another big club. Or at least until Villa are relegated.
Mancini getting sacked, Rafa getting sacked, is this the worst Man United side ever, Lambert getting sacked, is rooney good enough goal scorer (while ignoring previous history). There is enough nonsense out there for them

Mancini getting sacked, Rafa getting sacked, is this the worst Man United side ever, Lambert getting sacked, is rooney good enough goal scorer (while ignoring previous history). There is enough nonsense out there for them

The 'loids will do anything for a story. Shame people still lend them credence and want to read them, else they'd disappear.

I really enjoy people going out of their way (not that you have to) to hate Suarez. Kinda reminds me of Cantona at United. Brilliant player. Hated by everyone. Adored by his own fans.

Suarez should be winning titles and CL's, it wouldn't surprise me, nor would I blame him if he goes to Bayern, Barca or someone like that. It would be an awful shame for Liverpool, but he can't stay here forever, he's too good for us in our predicament.

Why did you not start in Liverpool’s recent premier league games?

„That should be question for the manager. He selects team and players. At the moment I’m not in the starting eleven. I regret it but the manager made the decision and I have to respect that.“

Did Brendan Rodgers explain you why he decided to bench you? Do you talk to each other?

„We talk but it’s not ideal. He told me something, gave me some reason but it’s hard to say if if was the real reason. I don’t think it was, I think it’s something else. But I’m not that kind of player who keeps visiting manager, being in his office every day and finding out what’s going on and why I’m not playing. I have never done that and never will do so. If manager wants to talk he comes to me and we talk but I don’t come to him.“

The reason he told you was?

„It all happened after the Man Utd game in the middle of january. Previously we won twice, away at QPR 0:3 – and home with Sunderland, keeping two clean sheets. We lost in Manchester 1:2 though, but I think we played some great football in the second half particulary. What’s more many sources gave me good mark for my performance. Manager told me that he thinks we lost organistation in defence in last few games and because of that he will not play me in upcoming fixtures. I don’t know which games he was thinking about considering we managed to win last two games and kept clean sheet.“

So you think it’s not the real reason. What do you think it is then?

„I think it was affected by one situation but I don’t want to talk about it now. Maybe after the season but not right now. I don’t want to cause any conflicts, the most important thing is team success and I will cheer for my team whether it’s from the bench or stands.“

What’s next for you?

„Wait, that’s the only thing I can do right now. While I was fit I gave my best and did everything I could to prove manager that I belong here. I waited for my chance, one came in Petersburg but I didn’t play after that game. Unfortunately I’m injured now and we’ll see what happens when I’ll be fit.“

Why did you not start in Liverpool’s recent premier league games?

„That should be question for the manager. He selects team and players. At the moment I’m not in the starting eleven. I regret it but the manager made the decision and I have to respect that.“

Did Brendan Rodgers explain you why he decided to bench you? Do you talk to each other?

„We talk but it’s not ideal. He told me something, gave me some reason but it’s hard to say if if was the real reason. I don’t think it was, I think it’s something else. But I’m not that kind of player who keeps visiting manager, being in his office every day and finding out what’s going on and why I’m not playing. I have never done that and never will do so. If manager wants to talk he comes to me and we talk but I don’t come to him.“

The reason he told you was?

„It all happened after the Man Utd game in the middle of january. Previously we won twice, away at QPR 0:3 – and home with Sunderland, keeping two clean sheets. We lost in Manchester 1:2 though, but I think we played some great football in the second half particulary. What’s more many sources gave me good mark for my performance. Manager told me that he thinks we lost organistation in defence in last few games and because of that he will not play me in upcoming fixtures. I don’t know which games he was thinking about considering we managed to win last two games and kept clean sheet.“

So you think it’s not the real reason. What do you think it is then?

„I think it was affected by one situation but I don’t want to talk about it now. Maybe after the season but not right now. I don’t want to cause any conflicts, the most important thing is team success and I will cheer for my team whether it’s from the bench or stands.“

What’s next for you?

„Wait, that’s the only thing I can do right now. While I was fit I gave my best and did everything I could to prove manager that I belong here. I waited for my chance, one came in Petersburg but I didn’t play after that game. Unfortunately I’m injured now and we’ll see what happens when I’ll be fit.“

Is this about Assaidi?

Back