The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The title would practically be United's from day one, if that was their team next season.

Yeah, all you need to destroy that midfield is:

Barton - Gattuso - Cattermole
De Jong - Busquets

It would be hilarious to see those five up against Carrick, Alonso, Villa, Rooney and Kagawa.

But back on topic: why aren't Villa and Alonso's contracts being renewed? Is it due to age or form? Or what?

And Van Bommel. Plus Oliver Kahn in goal. I remember when I had a save on fm where I only bought strength and aggression17+. It was fun.

That is one sexily lightweight and easily bullyable midfield right there

Alonso is tough ******* tbh (not destroyer but he wins lot of tackles and interceptions.) and Scholes-Carrick combination worked great for years from 2006-08 when Scholes had legs to play 90 mins.

Alonso is tough ******* tbh (not destroyer but he wins lot of tackles and interceptions.) and Scholes-Carrick combination worked great for years from 2006-08 when Scholes had legs to play 90 mins.

Alonso is a great player, but as mentioned before he needs someone to do the dirty work alongside him. Likewise, Carrick needs someone mobile to disrupt the opposition; he and Scholes worked fine against lower opposition, but against European sides Ferguson often put in Fletcher, Hargreaves or Anderson to do the legwork.

But this should really be in another thread eh?

Still confident we can get something from this

However, Villa to do the double over us would be very poor... seems more and more likely 7th is as high as we can go

Still confident we can get something from this

However, Villa to do the double over us would be very poor... seems more and more likely 7th is as high as we can go

Agreed, get sturridge on at some point more options going forward.

Coutinho is great. Not half robbed Inter for him. 2 goals and 3 assists in 6 games, only 20 and been at the club two months.

Coutinho is great. Not half robbed Inter for him. 2 goals and 3 assists in 6 games, only 20 and been at the club two months.

Far too early to tell. He was like this at Inter, and dropped on in his performances, and didnt get enough game time.

Last year of contract and apparently wants a new challenge

think the owner announced his is available for around 15mil euros which I think will be a brilliant price

Hoping Daniel Agger and Suarez - who was at Ajax with him - persuade him

According to Overmars, Liverpool have been "frequent visitors to Ajax".

I assume that he means your scouts. And 15m would tempt them to sell for sure.

Far too early to tell. He was like this at Inter, and dropped on in his performances, and didnt get enough game time.

The way we are this season, concentrating on youth, I can't see him really losing that much game time unless he massively drops in performances really

I do hope though that we don't try to sign Christian Erikkson, just seems a bit of a waste really. That, and the fact I think we can do better, for cheaper

According to Overmars, Liverpool have been "frequent visitors to Ajax".

I assume that he means your scouts. And 15m would tempt them to sell for sure.

We keep scouting bunch of players in Holland. De Vriji is another one I really hope we sign

The way we are this season, concentrating on youth, I can't see him really losing that much game time unless he massively drops in performances really

I do hope though that we don't try to sign Christian Erikkson, just seems a bit of a waste really. That, and the fact I think we can do better, for cheaper

Consistency was an issue for him, and it generally is for young players. No question about his talent, but too early to call for him.

I agree, you need a DM far more than you need another attacking player.

Consistency was an issue for him, and it generally is for young players. No question about his talent, but too early to call for him.

I agree, you need a DM far more than you need another attacking player.

One of the biggest issue at Inter was his team. Very immobile team and they kept changing managers too often and their tactics never suited him. They were very disjointed team and also the fact that they don't know how to integrate young players into their team. Coutinho did very well in his loan spell too when team played attacking game.

One of the biggest issue at Inter was his team. Very immobile team and they kept changing managers too often and their tactics never suited him. They were very disjointed team and also the fact that they don't know how to integrate young players into their team. Coutinho did very well in his loan spell too when team played attacking game.

Yeah it didn't help that Inter were a mess at the time (more so than now anyway). Liverpool are far more settled in that respect.

Yeah it didn't help that Inter were a mess at the time (more so than now anyway). Liverpool are far more settled in that respect.

Yeah. It's very important to have settled team and environment for development of young players. Hopefully Kovacic fulfills his potential there.

Guillem Balague says we are willing to pay 10million for Xabi Alonso and have been in contact

Interesting, especially regarding Eriksen transfers

Back