The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Fair few rumours floating around that we're in for Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar
24 y.o Armenian, 32 goals in 63 matches. Attacking midfielder, or striker. Mainly a midfielder, but apparently a bit like Lampard.

Not quite like Lampard. He's far more versatile, less of a pure goalscorer but has had a truly incredible record in front of goal this season. He'd be an excellent signing. Goals from midfield is exactly what Liverpool needs to take the burden off Suarez.

Fair few rumours floating around that we're in for Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar
24 y.o Armenian, 32 goals in 63 matches. Attacking midfielder, or striker. Mainly a midfielder, but apparently a bit like Lampard.

Good luck with that. Has his pick of almost any club in the world, and Shaktar are doing much better that Liverpool, and are seriously well off. He is also their rising star.

Not quite like Lampard. He's far more versatile, less of a pure goalscorer but has had a truly incredible record in front of goal this season. He'd be an excellent signing. Goals from midfield is exactly what Liverpool needs to take the burden off Suarez.

I dont see him going. It would be mental to sell him, and they don't need money. Mega coup, but also a somewhat of a pipe dream.

I dont see him going. It would be mental to sell him, and they don't need money. Mega coup, but also a somewhat of a pipe dream.

IIRC he's a little unsettled. Besides, Shakhtar's entire culture revolves around being a selling club. I agree though, it's unlikely.

IIRC he's a little unsettled. Besides, Shakhtar's entire culture revolves around being a selling club. I agree though, it's unlikely.

Not sure Liverpool have the club pull atm in term of stature, or the £25m they'd probably demand.

That said if I were running Liverpool, I would do everything in my power to sign him.

Not sure Liverpool have the club pull atm in term of stature, or the £25m they'd probably demand.

That said if I were running Liverpool, I would do everything in my power to sign him.

They could easily make up for their lack of pull with just wodges of cash. Not sure J. W. Henry's quite hotheaded enough to just throw money at a player though.

He has stated he is prepared to leave Shakhtar this summer for a bigger club. Effectively rules out Liverpool.

Would be a very good signing, everytime i have watched him he has excited and played very well

Read rumours it is only a backup option to Eriksen as we believe signing him would be very difficult

Either way 'from rumours' it seems we are after a AMC and a DC as the main targets

Would be a very good signing, everytime i have watched him he has excited and played very well

Read rumours it is only a backup option to Eriksen as we believe signing him would be very difficult

Either way 'from rumours' it seems we are after a AMC and a DC as the main targets
All due respect to Liverpool, if he is looking to move to a bigger team, that really isnt Liverpool right now in truth.

All due respect to Liverpool, if he is looking to move to a bigger team, that really isnt Liverpool right now in truth.

I agree, the only possible reason would be to join a better league, however im sure more teams would be interested should he come available

still, you don't get anywhere if you don't at least try

I agree, the only possible reason would be to join a better league, however im sure more teams would be interested should he come available

still, you don't get anywhere if you don't at least try

Oh certainly, I would do all I can to try and get him if I was in charge. Eriksen more realistic though.

Certainly a DMC must be a top priority as well.

Oh certainly, I would do all I can to try and get him if I was in charge. Eriksen more realistic though.

Obviously rumours dont mean much, but not seen many names mentioned with a DMC which is slightly worrying.. Wanyama only real name

Eriksen will be a brilliant signing for Liverpool if they get him, but surely he'd cost quite a bit? Due to his reputation and age?

Eriksen will be a brilliant signing for Liverpool if they get him, but surely he'd cost quite a bit? Due to his reputation and age?

Perhaps, but he would cost less than Mkhitaryan for sure.

Perhaps, but he would cost less than Mkhitaryan for sure.

Last year of contract and apparently wants a new challenge

think the owner announced his is available for around 15mil euros which I think will be a brilliant price

Hoping Daniel Agger and Suarez - who was at Ajax with him - persuade him

would love ben arfa in a liverpool shirt especially in a deal that would keep andy carroll out of one! ha but would not be happy if the rumours surrounds williams were true. think coates is yet to get a real chance in the team and look at pique at man utd, think it may be the same case scenario if he was playing regularly! hopefully there is some truth in xabi coming back even if its expensive for an ageing player. he could pass it around from deep for years, pace has never been part of his game!

would love ben arfa in a liverpool shirt especially in a deal that would keep andy carroll out of one! ha but would not be happy if the rumours surrounds williams were true. think coates is yet to get a real chance in the team and look at pique at man utd, think it may be the same case scenario if he was playing regularly! hopefully there is some truth in xabi coming back even if its expensive for an ageing player. he could pass it around from deep for years, pace has never been part of his game!

Ben Arfa i would like, but his Injuries is of concern and depending on the deal may not be a wise move for LFC

I personally rate Williams, a physical defender, passionate and gives everything in that role... also accustomed to the Rodgers style of play... Coates looks worrying everytime he plays for me, a mistake waiting to happen!

Xabi Alonso seems a pipe dream, would love if it was true but i very much doubt it

Ben Arfa i would like, but his Injuries is of concern and depending on the deal may not be a wise move for LFC

I personally rate Williams, a physical defender, passionate and gives everything in that role... also accustomed to the Rodgers style of play... Coates looks worrying everytime he plays for me, a mistake waiting to happen!

Xabi Alonso seems a pipe dream, would love if it was true but i very much doubt it

After what williams said about suarez i think hes better off at swansea! dunno who id have at centre back. skrtel and agger are a good partnership just in a team thats getting noted for every mistake and as much as reina hasnt had the best of seasons couldnt imagine anyone else in there! 2 or 3 players that would be definite starters is what were after, not squad players! erikson from ajax would be great

I agree with Alonso. No-one in their right mind would move from Madrid, where they're a starter, to Liverpool. Although the appeal for him maybe there due to his previous successes with Liverpool.

Back