The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
What did I say about Rodgers and the press? "I can't help but look at his punishment and feel like it is against the man rather than the incident". Can someone please explain to these idiots at Liverpool that he tried to take a chunk of flesh about of another player for no reason. I don't think Liverpool understand just how serious this is and it worries me.

Last edited:
Be careful Mike. Chang will come after you.

Don't mess with Chang bro.

tumblr_lm4dxzbORM1qir5m8o1_500.gif

I cant believe the amount of butthurt and conspiracy theories after the ban. Guy bites people for gods sake. Do that off the pitch and you go to jail.

I cant believe the amount of butthurt and conspiracy theories after the ban. Guy bites people for gods sake. Do that off the pitch and you go to jail.

Stamp on a guy's head (a la Balotelli) and you go to prison, Headbutt a guy in the street and you may go to prison (Zidane). Doesn't make what Suarez did right ofcourse or even acceptable, but there are other things that people have done on the pitch that you could say the same thing about.

Anyway, we will have to move on from this now, accept the ban, try to help Suarez improve with this kind of stuff and try to keep him in the summer. Atleast now we will be able to see Borini and Sturridge together now that they are both fit

Also sell Enrique and get Riera. I heard he's amazing full back now.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Suarez leaves in the summer... it will almost certainly set us back another year or two

From a footballing perspective, I'm relieved with the looming derby not far off now (knowing us though we'll still probably find a way to balls up lol). Besides, by deciding not to appeal aswell it'll stop an uneccesary (sp) press attention etc and allow the club to focus on finishing as strongly as possible. could you imagine what would've happened if (hypothetically) they appealed and it got recinded? Instead of focusing on football and supporting their team opposing fans would've made it an extremely hostile atmosphere (especially during the derby) and god knows what would've happened. Not all fans I hasten to add-the mindless ones.

So imo the club have taken the right approach here. Yes the attack is majorly blunted, but it's common sense>football in this one. Would've hated to see an appeal and see the club being dragged through the dirt again. Besides, this may actually spur the team on to prove a point anyway

Our club's a joke, we lack any type of backbone in the chance it hurts our pr and global reach. It's pathetic, they just allow us to be pushed around, like last year withy the race row, our management and owners made it clear they thought he was guilty yet just accepted the punishment. It just makes us look weak and pathetic.

Suarez was guilty but ten matches seems a bit over the top, personally. His reputation goes before him.

Back