The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The FA need to quickly outline why they came to 10 games.

Liverpool's biggest issue is whether Suarez decides he wants to leave now...

I assume if they are going to appeal it then that means he will be staying. No point going through the process and possibly adding on more games other wise is there.

Yes. It is right that we should blame Suarez for another stupid action. But with the likes of Aguero and Terry getting away with their offence, that just clearly shown double standards by the English FA.

It isn't double standards, they just tie themselves up in knots by their own rules.

Think we all hate the FA inconsistency, but I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who bit someone, completely unprovoked.

It isn't double standards, they just tie themselves up in knots by their own rules.

Think we all hate the FA inconsistency, but I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who bit someone, completely unprovoked.

Seems like they are just sick of this guy in particular (note by this I mean not singling him out, just taking his previous long list of misdemeanors into consideration). I'm sure when you're selling the EPL's rights abroad, you don't want to have "that racist, violent cannibal" as an attraction.

Wouldn't be too surprised if he leaves.

Seems like they are just sick of this guy in particular (note by this I mean not singling him out, just taking his previous long list of misdemeanors into consideration). I'm sure when you're selling the EPL's rights abroad, you don't want to have "that racist, violent cannibal" as an attraction.

Wouldn't be too surprised if he leaves.

I dunno. Spain and Italy full of racists. France and Germany full of kiddy fiddlers. Most big leagues have some players with issues.

FA wont have to explain anything. It the indipendant comitee who decided on a 10 game ban

FA wont have to explain anything. It the indipendant comitee who decided on a 10 game ban

The committee uphold the FA's notion that the standard ban wasn't enough. There still has to be a reasoning published for it in the FA's report.

Not identical, as ref saw Defoe and booked him, so no retrospective action (another great rule!)

Just think, if the referee had saw Suarez bite Ivanovic and dealt with it during the game it would have been all the motivation the FA needed to change their retrospective banning laws.

The [del]kangaroo court[/del] independent committee who were told by the FA that the ban needed to be more than 3 games.

They're releasing the Written reasons tomorrow. I think the FA get a lot more criticism than they deserve over these kind of decisions.

They constantly have the fact that many players have gotten away with some pretty terrible challenges with nothing (plus in this case Defoe doing the same thing and getting a yellow) used against them despite the fact that they're completely unable to take action over an incident dealt with by the referee. FIFA make it perfectly clear that the decisions of the referee are final, in their laws of the game, and there is nothing the FA can do about changing that.

People moan about inconsistency in the Suarez and Terry cases despite the fact that it was clearly stated in the written reasons of the Suarez case that if he had racially abused Evra only once he would have got a 4 game ban. Exactly the same as Terry eventually got. The FA were consistent and applied their rules correctly but their rules aren't severe enough.

Suarez got 7 games in Holland for this exact offence so it's not like this punishment is in a completely different ballpark. If they were allowed to take into account the fact this was his second bite and his second breach of E3 then it almost seems lenient.

Personally, I'm going to wait until the reasons are released and I've gave them a read before I decide whether they've got this wrong.

Personally, I'm going to wait until the reasons are released and I've gave them a read before I decide whether they've got this wrong.

If they're anything like the Evra reasons we're all in for another good chuckle.

I don't know what was everyone expecting, every civilized law system on the planet has the concept of increased punishment when dealing with serial offenders...which he is. Obviously he doesn't get the message so they got to bring the hammer down.

Suarez is a player blessed with exceptional talent. I am not going to come here and complain that because of his actions and whatever, Liverpool should sell him like some other nutters. I would have Suarez in my team any day. But what he has to realize is that he is only hurting his club with his stupid actions. Personally glad that he apologizes and admits he is wrong and hopefully he serves out this 10 game ban quietly instead of moaning about it and cuts out all the stupid **** he does once and for all.

Suarez is a player blessed with exceptional talent. I am not going to come here and complain that because of his actions and whatever, Liverpool should sell him like some other nutters. I would have Suarez in my team any day. But what he has to realize is that he is only hurting his club with his stupid actions. Personally glad that he apologizes and admits he is wrong and hopefully he serves out this 10 game ban quietly instead of moaning about it and cuts out all the stupid **** he does once and for all.

Wow.

Well he certainly would improve Chelsea.

Talk of selling him is stupid... club will not benefit from selling our only world class player, despite the baggage he carries

Suarez' talent on the field is unqestionable. World-Class player who will get into any team in the world

Back