The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
But you cant finally get the decision right against one person when everyone else does not have this severity for their own discrepancies

I agree racism should be longer and biting should be 8-10 games, but the FA have dug their own hole with silly decisions in the past

Totally agree with you mate, you look at the incidents with Rio and Cole and differences in fines. Cole Tweeted about the FA and got a bigger fine than Rio who tweeted something racist. It does absolutely stink mate i totally agree with you and it needs a massive overhaul. Racism for me is deserving of at least a 6 month ban in my opinion, think it would stamp it out of football so quickly. For once when the FA seem to have got a decision correct they still manage to make themselves look stupid.

To be fair this was avoidable. Don't bite people on a football pitch. You'd think that would come as read.

Yes you can. The idea that they should get it wrong again because they got it wrong before doesn't work.

Real issue is what they do in the summer.

The issue is not that it was avoidable, everybody knew that and everybody knows he deserves a ban

Its the fact the FA are inconsistent with decisions and always have been

Biting is suddenly worse than racism, and to rub it in even more, Defoe got a yellow card for an incident which was identical

But you cant finally get the decision right against one person when everyone else does not have this severity for their own discrepancies

Surely the idea of any justice system is that it is only successful once it applies justice correctly, and that it should work towards correcting the injustices rather than preventing justice it is capable of giving out. By your logic, we should have just locked up whoever we saw first on the street back when the police were all as bent as Uri Geller's spoon and nicking whoever they liked.

The issue is not that it was avoidable, everybody knew that and everybody knows he deserves a ban

Biting is suddenly worse than racism, and to rub it in even more, Defoe got a yellow card for an incident which was identical

Not identical, as ref saw Defoe and booked him, so no retrospective action (another great rule!)

FA just muddle along. rule of thumb: don't doing something twattish, you'll probably get done over. Rooney got a 2 game ban for something trivial, because the FA messed up and couldn't give him a 3 game ban for an elbow #FAlogic.

No need to pull up on Defoe because he's black.

You racist.

On the other side, RAWK meltdown will be coming with some incredible tweets tonight

Last edited:
Not identical, as ref saw Defoe and booked him, so no retrospective action (another great rule!)

FA just muddle along. rule of thumb: don't doing something twattish, you'll probably get done over. Rooney got a 2 game ban for something trivial, because the FA messed up and couldn't give him a 3 game ban for an elbow #FAlogic.

Retrospective rule.. don't even get me started on that one, no matter who you support i think we can all acknowledge that is a load of rubbish

My problem is not the ban itself, its the inconsistency of the bans to players overall, its like they spin a wheel to decide the length of some bans and weather people escape bans

10 game ban is a great decision. That's exactly what I would have given him looking at his past record. Que Rodgers in the press 2morro saying how Suarez is a good guy really and everyone just misunderstands him. Let's see if he will finally learn his lesson.

John Terry managed to get away from the racism remarks in the premier league. Eden Hazard got banned for 3 games for kicking a ball boy. Aguero GOT AWAY with jumping two footed on David Luiz when the ball is miles away from him. Defoe got away with nothing for biting Mascherano and you say 10 games is a good decision?

John Terry managed to get away from the racism remarks in the premier league. Eden Hazard got banned for 3 games for kicking a ball boy. Aguero GOT AWAY with jumping two footed on David Luiz when the ball is miles away from him. Defoe got away with nothing for biting Mascherano and you say 10 games is a good decision?

Consider than he got 7 for biting someone before, I dont see why you are that surprised. Liverpool fans should directing their anger at Suarez for yet another stupid action.

JT got a 4 match ban for starters. The Aguero and Defoe cases are a totally different argument all together because the ref's said they saw the incidents and dealt with them during the games. Whether you think retrospective action should be taken or not is a totally different argument on this occasion.

Yes. It is right that we should blame Suarez for another stupid action. But with the likes of Aguero and Terry getting away with their offence, that just clearly shown double standards by the English FA.

Yes. It is right that we should blame Suarez for another stupid action. But with the likes of Aguero and Terry getting away with their offence, that just clearly shown double standards by the English FA.

Why are people assuming JT got away with his offence?

Hoping for a top 15 finish next season then.

The FA need to quickly outline why they came to 10 games.

Liverpool's biggest issue is whether Suarez decides he wants to leave now...

Back