The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Our club's a joke, we lack any type of backbone in the chance it hurts our pr and global reach. It's pathetic, they just allow us to be pushed around, like last year withy the race row, our management and owners made it clear they thought he was guilty yet just accepted the punishment. It just makes us look weak and pathetic.

Suarez was guilty but ten matches seems a bit over the top, personally. His reputation goes before him.

Get pushed around? your club spouted off both times, and got it wrong, and it helped a manager lose his job.

Reina said that the ban was "absurd". Are you serious? He bit someone. He got 7 games before and that obviously wasent enough of a deterant to stop him from doing it again so 10 games is perfect. You would think Liverpool would just accept this after EVERYTHING Suarez has done in the past. But no. The club are ashamed of nothing. Suarez can do anything he want and he will still get backed by Liverpool simply because he is holding them where they are in the league. Like I said before, Ashamed of nothing.

Suarez is dangerous, FA needs to protect the other players. I didn't see anyone complaining when Joey Barton got 12 match ban.

The entire argument about some of his stunts being pulled off while out of the country is just silly. It doesn't matter where he does what he does, what matters is that there is clear, violent pattern to his behaviour.

If next time someone loses an eye or has career-ending injury, is anyone volunteering to go to injured player and say "well, we allowed Suarez to roam free, because so far he's only been a massive ******** while out of the country"? Thought so.

Our club's a joke, we lack any type of backbone in the chance it hurts our pr and global reach. It's pathetic, they just allow us to be pushed around, like last year withy the race row, our management and owners made it clear they thought he was guilty yet just accepted the punishment. It just makes us look weak and pathetic.

Suarez was guilty but ten matches seems a bit over the top, personally. His reputation goes before him.

Not much the club can do. Each statement they have put out about the bite has been spot on and very critical of the FA. Until the independent panels are truly independent or appeals are handled by a third party then you're stuck with whatever decision is made.

Suarez is dangerous, FA needs to protect the other players. I didn't see anyone complaining when Joey Barton got 12 match ban.

That's the thing, I don't think people honestly believe Suarez is dangerous, he's not the sort of player who's going to end someones career. Apart from one horrific tackle I've seen him commit in his Ajax days I've never seen him stamp on anyones chest, dive in two footed, or headbutt anyone while playing in the Premiership.

PS. The FA need to protect Suarez (and a lot of other strikers) before they protect people from him.

It usually does go against you if you're a repeat offender.

Except in the report the FA have said they didn't take into account any of his previous offences. So it's a straight up 10 game ban for the bite alone, apparently.

Dangerous how? Sure he bit someones arm but that's not going to kill you.
Over the years he's made one maybe two pretty horrific tackles, he doesn't dive in two footed, he doesn't stamp or dive onto people, he doesn't headbutt or punch players.

Sure he does some seriously stupid stuff at times and is very emotional on the pitch but he's hardly dangerous if you compare him to a lot of other players. The way people are acting it's as if he's been fighting on and off the pitch and hitting out at players constantly.

And before anyone tries to say I'm defending him and the ban I'm not, he does deserve to be banned just like everyone else who is guilty of clear violent conduct. That being said though some people are seriously overreacting.

Dangerous how? Sure he bit someones arm but that's not going to kill you.
Over the years he's made one maybe two pretty horrific tackles, he doesn't dive in two footed, he doesn't stamp or dive onto people, he doesn't headbutt or punch players.

Sure he does some seriously stupid stuff at times and is very emotional on the pitch but he's hardly dangerous if you compare him to a lot of other players. The way people are acting it's as if he's been fighting on and off the pitch and hitting out at players constantly.

And before anyone tries to say I'm defending him and the ban I'm not, he does deserve to be banned just like everyone else who is guilty of clear violent conduct. That being said though some people are seriously overreacting.

100% agreed with this. Its seems that once again common sense is lacking on the large majority of people.

Except in the report the FA have said they didn't take into account any of his previous offences. So it's a straight up 10 game ban for the bite alone, apparently.

Fair enough, haven't seen their report.

Yeah your right lads Suarez isent dangerous at all...
Suarez Stamps on Zenit player - YouTube
Suarez foul on Distin - YouTube
Luis Suarez - A Disgrace to English Football - YouTube (ignore the SAF interview at the end and the clip before)
Not sure why I'm replying to you because all you do is troll and be a complete tool constantly in near every thread you post in.

You could pick pretty much any player at any club and find videos like that, doesn't make every player dangerous.

That's the thing, I don't think people honestly believe Suarez is dangerous, he's not the sort of player who's going to end someones career. Apart from one horrific tackle I've seen him commit in his Ajax days I've never seen him stamp on anyones chest, dive in two footed, or headbutt anyone while playing in the Premiership.

I agree that he is being turned by the media into some sort of super-villain, but you can't really argue with his ban being unfair. Plus you'll find that a lot of City or United supporters would absolutely agree that Aguro and Rio should have been punished as well, but they got off on a technicality.

PS. The FA need to protect Suarez (and a lot of other strikers) before they protect people from him.

You know, I'm willing to give benefit of a doubt to defensive players, because they tackle for a living. Roy Keane was a ****, but midfield enforcer who isn't a bit of a ****, isn't going to be good his job. I'm quite sure a lot of crazy stunts pulled of by players like this, are a lot more controlled then they are willing to admit. They have a rep to mantain. If its your role to intimidate, you're not going to walk around a pitch giving hugs and handing out teddy bears.

But if you're a striker and act like this, unprovoked, when it doesn't benefit the team, to me that's unpredictable and dangerous.

Not sure why I'm replying to you because all you do is troll and be a complete tool constantly in near every thread you post in.

You could pick pretty much any player at any club and find videos like that, doesn't make every player dangerous.

So every player stamps, kicks, and pulls the hair of other players? Really?

You know, I'm willing to give benefit of a doubt to defensive players, because they tackle for a living. Roy Keane was a ****, but midfield enforcer who isn't a bit of a ****, isn't going to be good his job. I'm quite sure a lot of crazy stunts pulled of by players like this, are a lot more controlled then they are willing to admit. They have a rep to mantain. If its your role to intimidate, you're not going to walk around a pitch giving hugs and handing out teddy bears.

But if you're a striker and act like this, unprovoked, when it doesn't benefit the team, to me that's unpredictable and dangerous.

Ugh, nice double standards.

So the kick was acceptable then?

No it's not. By the laws of the game it should have been a straight red card for violent conduct. It's in the same tame league as the Beckham kick against Argentina. It's not a dangerous kick. The kicks below are dangerous, Suarez' and Beckhams were not...

[video=youtube;jKt4IBxD5oo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKt4IBxD5oo[/video]

Interestingly enough he received a 10 man match ban for all of those offences too.

Opinions seem to be the same around the other teams managers too.

His previous has been considered, and the ban is way OTT.

Back