The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I don't know why some football fans feel that this is worthy of abuse, however it does happen and swans v Cardiff was a massive rivalry although its less now due to their family friendly atmospheres.

We're interested in Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid, apparently. From everything I hear, he looks good. Lacks the same reputation a lot of players do, and Atletico aren't in the best position

We're interested in Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid, apparently. From everything I hear, he looks good. Lacks the same reputation a lot of players do, and Atletico aren't in the best position

If I remember right he did quite well last season. Was it 20+ goals in all competitions or something like that?

Was very good last season... but a bit of a hothead

liverpool are my second team and ive seen them play a few times and i feel if Liverpool lost Suarez then they would be a better team if they could get 40-45 million for him then bring in a replacement who can score i dunno 30 goals a season i think they can push for top 4 as Coutinho and sturridge looked very good towards the end of last season i looked a better team without Luis also some good news for LFC fans that play FIFA EA have signed a partnership deal with liverpool so all the players will now have real game faces

liverpool are my second team and ive seen them play a few times and i feel if Liverpool lost Suarez then they would be a better team if they could get 40-45 million for him then bring in a replacement who can score i dunno 30 goals a season i think they can push for top 4 as Coutinho and sturridge looked very good towards the end of last season i looked a better team without Luis also some good news for LFC fans that play FIFA EA have signed a partnership deal with liverpool so all the players will now have real game faces

You make it sound like that's an easy task getting a goalscorer who will guarantee a bag of goals in the Premier League with not a very good squad.

You make it sound like that's an easy task getting a goalscorer who will guarantee a bag of goals in the Premier League with not a very good squad.

This.

With the situation Liverpool are currently in, its hard to sign these type of players without throwing money at them... We have to find players like Coutinho and Sturridge for cheaper prices to get us back into the UCL.. its 50/50 with those types of transfers

Suarez looks like going than.Diego is good player scored around 20+ goals last season.Should do well for you guys with all the creative buying Rodgers has done.

Did anybody else see Jonjo Shelvey for Swansea in there 4-0 win v Malmo in Europa League MOTM and had a absolutely amazing game his passing movement attacking ability tackling and also getting back was just... phenomenal he reminded me sooo much of Stevie G was superb think Swansea bagged themselves a bargain trust me if you havent seen the game go watch it great game as well

Like Diego Costa.. as someone pointed out, a poorman's Suarez ( including his hothead as well )

Although 21.8m does seem a little steep, 15-17m for meat most

Costa's not replacing Suarez, just replacing our interest in Mkhtaryan

Makes sense, considering he's actually not anything like Suarez at all. Sometimes I wonder if people have even seen certain players play before declaring them similar to another player in the league.

Costa will harry players, play a good supporting all-round game, and get a metric shitton of yellows, both for himself and his opponents. He won't beat three players off the dribble and trick past the keeper like Suarez can, he doesn't have that kind of x-factor. But he will make chances count; he's a good finisher, but crucially he doesn't take a bazillion shots to score a goal like Suarez does when he's off form.

EDIT: I feel the need to stress this more. He is not Suarez, he is not even similar to Suarez in his playstyle, and if you're expecting Suarez-lite you're going to be bitterly disappointed.

Last edited:
Makes sense, considering he's actually not anything like Suarez at all. Sometimes I wonder if people have even seen certain players play before declaring them similar to another player in the league.

Costa will harry players, play a good supporting all-round game, and get a metric shitton of yellows, both for himself and his opponents. He won't beat three players off the dribble and trick past the keeper like Suarez can, he doesn't have that kind of x-factor. But he will make chances count; he's a good finisher, but crucially he doesn't take a bazillion shots to score a goal like Suarez does when he's off form.

EDIT: I feel the need to stress this more. He is not Suarez, he is not even similar to Suarez in his playstyle, and if you're expecting Suarez-lite you're going to be bitterly disappointed.

I do think he is similar mentality wise to Suarez but is no way near as skilled when it comes to how agile and good off the dribble Suarez is

Do like him though, but the price for me is questionable

I do think he is similar mentality wise to Suarez but is no way near as skilled when it comes to how agile and good off the dribble Suarez is

Do like him though, but the price for me is questionable

He's not even similar mentality wise to Suarez though, that's the thing. Suarez is fine on the field until he snaps and does something retarded. Costa, on the other hand, could best be described as a footballing troll; he snaps and pesters and harries opponents until they snap back at him. You'd never get him biting Ivanovic. He'd pester Ivanovic into making a late challenge on him, get up and go forehead to forehead with him and both of them booked. That's how he works. At times he's managed to win games for Atleti pretty much just by infuriating the entire opposition team to the point where they were trying to attack him rather than play football. Gary Medel had to be physically restrained once.

He's not even similar mentality wise to Suarez though, that's the thing. Suarez is fine on the field until he snaps and does something retarded. Costa, on the other hand, could best be described as a footballing troll; he snaps and pesters and harries opponents until they snap back at him. You'd never get him biting Ivanovic. He'd pester Ivanovic into making a late challenge on him, get up and go forehead to forehead with him and both of them booked. That's how he works. At times he's managed to win games for Atleti pretty much just by infuriating the entire opposition team to the point where they were trying to attack him rather than play football. Gary Medel had to be physically restrained once.

You can imagine Suarez, Aspas and Costa to be quite a handful for defenders

You can imagine Suarez, Aspas and Costa to be quite a handful for defenders

Aspas is mostly chill, to be fair, that headbutt was out of character (though as usual, nobody did their ******* research and just decided he was a thug). What you need is Joey Barton. And maybe Pepe.

Back