The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I think Mignolet had a much better season than all three, and that isn't just because he joined Liverpool

Also a transfer request isn't always the end... Remember Rooney and United and Benteke just recently at Villa, they signed new contracts within a week or two

All you need is a scary Glaswegian manager to sort him out! ;)

great signings maybe for Norwich but for club who need to play in CL and fight for title they suck badly.That 3 players what you mention they cannot play in any of top 3 English teams also I dont want to mention top Eu teams.

U WOT M8

Then why Liverpool didn't finished in top 6 last year !

Liverpool much greater club then Chelsea buying their reserve player.

No any chance that Liverpool will be in top 6 this season,specially if Suarez leave the club.

also i don't understand why buy Mignolet when Begovic,Muslera and Julio Cezar are much better options and they are available.

Mignolet's better than Begovic, Muslera's flaky as **** and Cesar's a couple of years off collecting his pension, that's why.

What's with the rumors that Liverpool is up for sale?

Because every time Liverpool sell a player it's because FSG are looking to reduce debts and make the club more attractive to new owners. Isn't it obvious?

FSG have always been in it to make a profit so if a good offer for Liverpool comes in they will take it and run.

The fact they've come out to deny it is a bit interesting.

I don't have a problem with them offering is out "unofficially" to billionaires.. I mean, this always was an investment, if they can make some money off of us while we can get the financial backing we need, who cares? Although, good luck to them, we've been lucking for this billionaire for years. (;

Only problem is, once again we only have a net spend of 2million

In recent years our big spending has been because of our selling and although we are still improving slightly there is no marquee signing or genuine first team player being brought ( Minus Sturridge and Coutinho )

Time left in the window, still think we will sign a LB ( probably on loan), a CB and a AM/ST so hopefully some players ready for the first team come in

Still have a hunch Suarez will stay with us, potentially with a new contract with clearer clauses, higher wage ETC

If Suarez stays I don't think we need another striker or attacking mid. All I think we need is a solid centre back and a defensive mid to provide cover Lucas. Possibly another left back.

If Suarez stays I don't think we need another striker or attacking mid. All I think we need is a solid centre back and a defensive mid to provide cover Lucas. Possibly another left back.

I still think we need more creativity, one thing lacking in the pre-season friendly's as we rely on Coutinho alot

New Signing - Suarez - Coutinho

Sturridge

is something i would be looking at.. seemed its what Rodgers had in mind when trying to sign Mkhitaryan ( would have pushed Suarez across with MKH in the middle )

I still think we need more creativity, one thing lacking in the pre-season friendly's as we rely on Coutinho alot

New Signing - Suarez - Coutinho

Sturridge

is something i would be looking at.. seemed its what Rodgers had in mind when trying to sign Mkhitaryan ( would have pushed Suarez across with MKH in the middle )

I guess your right but I would love to see Suso get a good run out this season and think he could play on the right. We've also got Sterling and Ibe that can play. Maybe we should look for a replacement for Downing though.

I guess your right but I would love to see Suso get a good run out this season and think he could play on the right. We've also got Sterling and Ibe that can play. Maybe we should look for a replacement for Downing though.

Suso went out on loan to Almeria earlier in the month mate, season loan.

Ibe and Sterling will be used alot... really like the look of Ibe

hello i think City or Chelsea will win league,and Liverpool will be below 5 place.

6 place it is maximum when you look Liverpool team and their coach.

so for me that is undearchivent for this big club and their high budget.

also I dont understeand why Arsenal wtb Suarez when on market you have much better strikers for that kind of money and they are not suspended.

Last edited:
Cavani,Falcao,Levadonovski all tree of them have been available on market this summer.

If Arsenal wanted to pay 50-60m I am sure that for example Falcao will rather play in Premiership then in France.

Back