The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Where have you heard this..? Some Sunday tabliod doesnt count. And if you wanna pay 22million for a player who has already admitted your his 2nd choice, Good luck with that.

We've upped the bidding, I do not expect us to sign him, simply up the price of him for Ferguson.
And quite a few reputable Journo's/ITK's are running with it, too.

We've upped the bidding, I do not expect us to sign him, simply up the price of him for Ferguson.
And quite a few reputable Journo's/ITK's are running with it, too.

A release clause is a release clause, I have heard from many people that tthe Venkys dont know Football very well, and fail to understand what a release clause actually means. When they inserted one into Jones Contract.

Either way, Utd and jones are confident of 16million going through.

It seems we've gazumped Man United's bid for Jones. Ha-*******-ha, mr Ferguson. What you get for trying to up Adam's price in Jan.

well done for upping the bid on a player who has a release clause, surely Fergie will be forced to pay over the odds now

Not really, no. This will sound absurd, but fire up FM, make a 20m bid for a guy that has a 10m release clause, and anyone bidding 10m has the same chance of signing him. This is what will happen here, unless the indians know something we don't.

well done for upping the bid on a player who has a release clause, surely Fergie will be forced to pay over the odds now

Who knows? But Blackburn will be kicking up a stink about this for months to come. I've just got the popcorn out and am watching it all play out with amusement. If Blackburn's owners think they'll get £22m for him, then they'll fight this one all the way to the Supreme Court. These are the guys who did their Dr.Evil impression by announcing that they were going to invest enough in Blackburn to get them into fourth spot and playing like Barcelona. £5m I believe was the size of the investment they announced would do that. :D

As I said, I think if we've said we'd pay £21m for Jones got to think this is us just taking the **** and egging Blackburn on. Love it

Who knows? But Blackburn will be kicking up a stink about this for months to come. I've just got the popcorn out and am watching it all play out with amusement. If Blackburn's owners think they'll get £22m for him, then they'll fight this one all the way to the Supreme Court. These are the guys who did their Dr.Evil impression by announcing that they were going to invest enough in Blackburn to get them into fourth spot and playing like Barcelona. £5m I believe was the size of the investment they announced would do that. :D

As I said, I think if we've said we'd pay £21m for Jones got to think this is us just taking the **** and egging Blackburn on. Love it

If the moos made a legal bid for this guy I'm duty bound to say that this will not end well for all parties concerned one way or another, as we'd only have been bidding out of a sense of spite, but if ferguson did tap this player up I'd be inclined to say F**k you - pay through the Whiskey Nose for him.

Not an ideal scenario developing here.

If Blackburn want to go to Court... I think utd will pay for there travel costs tbh Mate... I think the footballing people at Blackburn now they are powerless, but the Venkys are cluesless. You guys are clearly egging blackburn on, it the same way Fergie egged Blackpool on over Adams. So for me, this will end in tears, and they wont be coming from our end.

It's not Adams, it's Adam! What's the fascination of people calling him Adams, all over the interweb.

If the moos made a legal bid for this guy I'm duty bound to say that this will not end well for all parties concerned one way or another, as we'd only have been bidding out of a sense of spite, but if ferguson did tap this player up I'd be inclined to say F**k you - pay through the Whiskey Nose for him.

Not an ideal scenario developing here.

First i've heard of this...

If Liverpool have made another bid then it won't make much difference to Jones who has already rejected Liverpool in favour of Man Utd.

If Blackburn want to go to Court... I think utd will pay for there travel costs tbh Mate... I think the footballing people at Blackburn now they are powerless, but the Venkys are cluesless. You guys are clearly egging blackburn on, it the same way Fergie egged Blackpool on over Adams. So for me, this will end in tears, and they wont be coming from our end.

Won't bother us either though so win-win. How do you force Blackburn to sign over registration to you lot without taking them to court? Won't go down well that you lot mysteriously pulled the magic number and full details of his contract with Blackburn out of thin air - you'd have had to have either got info from inside Blackburn or you'd have had to have tapped him up. Neither is going to go down well if Blackburn take it up. He's their player until registration is signed over, and until that happens you can't play him and challenging that is opening a can of worms. Think you lot will pay up and be glad to. And go back to moving at a slower speed because you'll be dotting i's and crossing t's rather than taking short-cuts when you realise you're missing out on a player.

Won't bother us either though so win-win. How do you force Blackburn to sign over registration to you lot without taking them to court? Won't go down well that you lot mysteriously pulled the magic number and full details of his contract with Blackburn out of thin air - you'd have had to have either got info from inside Blackburn or you'd have had to have tapped him up. Neither is going to go down well if Blackburn take it up. He's their player until registration is signed over, and until that happens you can't play him and challenging that is opening a can of worms. Think you lot will pay up and be glad to. And go back to moving at a slower speed because you'll be dotting i's and crossing t's rather than taking short-cuts when you realise you're missing out on a player.

Well if they fail to see the sense of us having the legal right with his contract clause, then we're go to court, but i fully expect the Venkys advisors to persuade them, they have no legal standing on this one.

The Figure has been branded around the public domain for about 2 weeks now, with everyone and everything reporting it as 16.5million. So for us to know that, wasnt a suprise surely.

If blackburn want to go down the route of tapping up, Good luck with that, You and I both know proving someone has tapped someone up on " How did they know" is a very weak arguement.

Blackburn probably could go to court but in the end they'd just be wasting a lot of time and money...Man Utd could have got to know from anyone and anywhere and Blackburn have very little evidence to prove anything so ultimately Phil Jones will end up being a Man Utd player

What is the point of release clause if it is meant to be kept secret? Release clause is for letting buying club know that match the price and talk to player..

Just read that Liverpool match Arsenal's bid for Alex Chamberlain..Come on,do we want to challenge for EPL next year or 10 years later?I'm happy that we're investing in top youths available,something Liverpool havent done for a long time,but the club is in major crisis in terms of league position,so an established player like Mata is needed! I'm checking the rumours every hour hoping that Liverpool have made a bid to get Mata..:(

Dude, calm down.

We're barely into the transfer window yet, there's a long way to go still.

Just read that Liverpool match Arsenal's bid for Alex Chamberlain..Come on,do we want to challenge for EPL next year or 10 years later?I'm happy that we're investing in top youths available,something Liverpool havent done for a long time,but the club is in major crisis in terms of league position,so an established player like Mata is needed! I'm checking the rumours every hour hoping that Liverpool have made a bid to get Mata..:(

Early days my friend, early days; there's still plenty of time to get more proven players in.

Back