The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Comolli's comments were interesting today. He was talking about Henderson and was saying how for him it was all about football and whether he'd play and where he'd play and how he'd develop as a footballer. But not the money. Bit of a sly dig there I think.

Really not sure about Jones and where he fits into your plans currently. Obviously bought earlier than you'd have wanted. Will be fascinating to watch the other big teams this summer. Manchester City seem nailed on for Cahill btw - they're the only ones daft enough to offer him the wages he wants. Jones and Henderson both told City where to go though. Obviously watched the stellar career progression of other young homegrown talent there ;)

yeah we had no intention of moving till next season, where he would have slotted in for Rio. Turns out it was only when he really started talking to arsenal we got ourselves in gear, think he will find this season a bit tough at first in terms of games, but perversely could play the European games behind the midfield. What he and other singings will do is give us back the flexibility of 06-09, and hopefully we will see a much less functional United

Henderson i think really fits liverpool, much better than he would have fit at United, might make a cheeky bet on him scoring 10 goals this season coming

Glad to see City's approach biting them hard. If we ever end up being bought out, i really hope still maintain our approach

Massively excited abut the U21's

Centre backs for next season, first choice Kelly/Carragher, then Skrtel/Dann, then once Carragher retires, Kelly-Dann/Skrtel to fight it out. Hopefully by then Ayala's ready to challenge for it too.

You can bet anymore... Your already going to owe me 50 quid in a few years time. (K)

I would have been really worried if you won the other week, but you boys got schooled. So I'm quite confident ;)

I would have been really worried if you won the other week, but you boys got schooled. So I'm quite confident ;)

I would of been really worried if you boys picked up Jones this week, But then you got told!!1 ;)

Centre backs for next season, first choice Kelly/Carragher, then Skrtel/Dann, then once Carragher retires, Kelly-Dann/Skrtel to fight it out. Hopefully by then Ayala's ready to challenge for it too.

I can't see Ayala staying. It'll likely be Coady coming up in a couple of years time, with Wisdom hot on his heels. Kelly's likely to remain at right back and only provide cover for centre. Wilson will be interesting. I think he's a decent player so hopefully he'll get sent out somewhere to continue developing (Rangers has been mentioned, but I personally would prefer a footballing PL side or even Blackpool).

-----

Mike - Jones had made it clear that he was staying up north to the London clubs already. Wenger's last minute stuff came after you'd made your bid. Sure it'll all get cleared up properly in the autobiographies though :) Will hold judgement until window is closed on your squad depth. Need to refresh memory of which lads you've got coming through etc too.

I can't see Ayala staying. It'll likely be Coady coming up in a couple of years time, with Wisdom hot on his heels. Kelly's likely to remain at right back and only provide cover for centre. Wilson will be interesting. I think he's a decent player so hopefully he'll get sent out somewhere to continue developing (Rangers has been mentioned, but I personally would prefer a footballing PL side or even Blackpool).

Haven't managed to catch any of Coady's games for our youths but he was fantastic for the England U17s last Summer, so quite excited about his development over the next few years. Has Wilson played much for us at Centre Back yet? All I can recall are the unconvincing performances for Woy at left back in the UEFA Cup.

Haven't managed to catch any of Coady's games for our youths but he was fantastic for the England U17s last Summer, so quite excited about his development over the next few years. Has Wilson played much for us at Centre Back yet? All I can recall are the unconvincing performances for Woy at left back in the UEFA Cup.

He has played 3 games since Kenny took over. Started the West ham game in February, Played against Braga in the first leg against them and came on for a sub in the West Brom game in April. Cant remember which but he had a solid game in one of those and the other 2 were only mediocre... Hopefully he will get loaned out for the season to give him more of a chance to progress. He is definately one to watch though.

Pearce on Henderson and Jones. Then he went on to praise how determined they are. Good to hear nice words from the manager. What impressed me about Henderson is, he is a trier. He wont give up and works incredible hard. He is risk free signing, means he may not put 10/10 or 9/10 performances often but he always comes up with 7-8/10 performance. I would wish good luck for the player, really want him to fulfill his potential for the sake of national team and also for the fact that he is a ManUtd fan ;)

I was asked to do a leadership speech when I went to Afghanistan a few months ago,’’ reflected Pearce, “and I’d never done a leadership speech before. "The one word that I came up with that starts the whole process of leadership is 'unselfish’. You have to have that commodity in you to be a natural leader. Both of those individuals [Jones and Henderson] have that. They put the team before themselves.”

Henderson and Jones will cost their new employers just more than £30 million combined. “I think the market’s a little bit distorted financially,’’ argued Pearce, “but I’m not taking anything away from the real talent there. If I was a club manager and I had the finance to buy those two, I would do it at the drop of a hat for their ability and for their mentality to want to get better and be level-headed kids. They’re fantastically focused players and an absolute pleasure to work with.’’

Last edited:
Said on Sky Sports Henderson doesn't drink, regularly goes home early, and gives motivational speeches to his former school often.

Said on Sky Sports Henderson doesn't drink, regularly goes home early, and gives motivational speeches to his former school often.

Very professional player, maybe soon to be role model for many. I love these type of players.

Complete opposite to Carroll then?

Carroll-Geordie
Henderson-Mackems
A world apart

---------- Post added 11/06/2011 at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was 10/06/2011 at 01:28 PM ----------

From the only 'ITK' I trust...
"Adam is done lad."

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Henderson deal was only 15m ... - Rory Smith

It seems we've gazumped Man United's bid for Jones. Ha-*******-ha, mr Ferguson. What you get for trying to up Adam's price in Jan.

It seems we've gazumped Man United's bid for Jones. Ha-*******-ha, mr Ferguson. What you get for trying to up Adam's price in Jan.

Where have you heard this..? Some Sunday tabliod doesnt count. And if you wanna pay 22million for a player who has already admitted your his 2nd choice, Good luck with that.

Back