The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I remember seeing links to the Mussolini statue he had in his home back when he first signed. Obviously it doesn't mean he's a facist or anything, but it's certainly interesting. :)

He's a fascist mate. (As for the Roma hardcore, heh, lovely people). Still a fair few of them in Italy, even elect them. Di Canio's another high profile fascist.

Can't believe we've thrown a sly bid in for Clichy. Thought he was off abroad.

And Jones is a cheeky little sod. He'd have been happy enough taking our money if the Mancs hadn't come in for him very, very late on. Might have had a narrow escape with that one if that's how he genuinely feels.

And Jones is a cheeky little sod. He'd have been happy enough taking our money if the Mancs hadn't come in for him very, very late on. Might have had a narrow escape with that one if that's how he genuinely feels.

I am pretty sure mate, He literally said it, to just get the affection of our lot. Not that he really needed to.

He's a fascist mate. (As for the Roma hardcore, heh, lovely people). Still a fair few of them in Italy, even elect them. Di Canio's another high profile fascist.

Can't believe we've thrown a sly bid in for Clichy. Thought he was off abroad.

Smoke screen for someone else? That was my thoughts re; Clichy.

I am pretty sure mate, He literally said it, to just get the affection of our lot. Not that he really needed to.

Aye, he's playing to you lot. More Neville than Neville Neville, eh? ;) Doesn't come across well though does it? Hope it works out for him at Manchester United because he's going to look a *** if in 3 years time he gets shifted on because he's not developed into the player he should have been.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Smoke screen for someone else? That was my thoughts re; Clichy.

Nah mate, genuine offer though it may be designed to do some stirring with Arsenal - especially on top of the Nasri situation. Get the feeling the wolves are circling on Wenger again. Shouldn't be, yes he's flawed but he is one of the greatest managers the English game has seen and operating under crazy restrictions for the longterm benefit of his club, but it's a stupid sport at times. May be we're getting two leftbacks, but with the young lads coming through, maybe not. Honestly thought we'd be moving on to Cissokho (spelling?) from Lyon if Newcastle were being dumb about the price of Enrique. Might be designed to force Newcastle to realise we're moving on to other targets soon if they don't stop expecting us to fund Ashley's strippers, coke and gambling debts for another couple of years.

Oh and Henderson - comes across really well doesn't he? Like his attitude. ****** northerner ;)

Aye, he's playing to you lot. More Neville than Neville Neville, eh? ;) Doesn't come across well though does it? Hope it works out for him at Manchester United because he's going to look a *** if in 3 years time he gets shifted on because he's not developed into the player he should have been.

Pretty much mate.. I think for his and Englands sake we need him to develop on, I hope we turn him into a DM more then a CM. With us having already talented players there.

A silly remark, Hopefully SAF stamps this out of him. But for my Sake, He made me laugh. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Nah mate, genuine offer though it may be designed to do some stirring with Arsenal - especially on top of the Nasri situation. Get the feeling the wolves are circling on Wenger again. Shouldn't be, yes he's flawed but he is one of the greatest managers the English game has seen and operating under crazy restrictions for the longterm benefit of his club, but it's a stupid sport at times. May be we're getting two leftbacks, but with the young lads coming through, maybe not. Honestly thought we'd be moving on to Cissokho (spelling?) from Lyon if Newcastle were being dumb about the price of Enrique. Might be designed to force Newcastle to realise we're moving on to other targets soon if they don't stop expecting us to fund Ashley's strippers, coke and gambling debts for another couple of years.

Oh and Henderson - comes across really well doesn't he? Like his attitude. ****** northerner ;)

Oh, you think? I still reckon Enrique will be better than Clichy, costing less, and probably arguably better player. Cissokho's too attacking for my liking, from what I've seen. But who ever we get, it's important Flanno's still given games, to eventually take over left back.
And yeah, agreed about Henderson, seems a genuine guy, not like Jones...******.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Clichy 'very interested' in #LFC's offer but there's plenty of competition from abroad. #AFC; Ben Smith, from The Times.

#LFC still determined to land Scott Dann but are not willing to meet #BCFC's £10million valuation for the defender;Richard Buxton.

Pretty much mate.. I think for his and Englands sake we need him to develop on, I hope we turn him into a DM more then a CM. With us having already talented players there.

A silly remark, Hopefully SAF stamps this out of him. But for my Sake, He made me laugh. ;)

lol I bet you did. He'll be a good one I reckon. Not sure about him in midfield if I'm honest, but looking forward to watching the u21s this summer. There's some really, really decent talent in there atm. Cleverley is another decent player. Under 17 tournament in Barbados (IIRC) is this summer too - definitely worth watching that. There's six Liverpool youngsters in the squad so I'm looking forward to seeing how they do against their international peers. Wouldn't surprise me to see all six become fixtures in our first team squad in six or seven years time. They really are that good.

lol I bet you did. He'll be a good one I reckon. Not sure about him in midfield if I'm honest, but looking forward to watching the u21s this summer. There's some really, really decent talent in there atm. Cleverley is another decent player. Under 17 tournament in Barbados (IIRC) is this summer too - definitely worth watching that. There's six Liverpool youngsters in the squad so I'm looking forward to seeing how they do against their international peers. Wouldn't surprise me to see all six become fixtures in our first team squad in six or seven years time. They really are that good.

Ah, Nice to see the youngster, Cleverley this is a big year for him, I feel if he doesnt make it at us this year, He wont at all. but thats for another thread.

Ah Not to upto date with the u17 side at all tbh mate, All i know is the u21 side would of had a great squad if Richards, Wilshere and Carrol was there. Shame really they didnt go, As Wickham had to move up, which then weaken the u19s in there qualifier agains spain, which means they didnt quite make it. So we kicked ourselves in the foot there.

Ah, Nice to see the youngster, Cleverley this is a big year for him, I feel if he doesnt make it at us this year, He wont at all. but thats for another thread.

Ah Not to upto date with the u17 side at all tbh mate, All i know is the u21 side would of had a great squad if Richards, Wilshere and Carrol was there. Shame really they didnt go, As Wickham had to move up, which then weaken the u19s in there qualifier agains spain, which means they didnt quite make it. So we kicked ourselves in the foot there.

I'll leave Cleverley to one side but I really rate him. Whether he's 'flashy' enough for you lot, not sure though.

Did you see the rules changes proposed btw? Allowing clubs to operate La Masia style academies as boarding schools rather than doing what Watford are doing and sending their scholars to a genuine boarding school? Southgate's plans to ban 11-a-side are also straight out of the Michels' handbook of 'how to develop young players'. If, and only if, we start getting those changes and the big clubs properly start to invest in youth rather than plundering each others youth teams then we may see sensible prices return for young players. We might even start seeing more money flowing into the football league too which would be a great thing. Can you see Morrison getting in with the wrong crowd when he's taking into a proper academy? Hopefully clubs will start looking to where the u17s are coming from and starting to put the pieces together and back the proposals.

I'll leave Cleverley to one side but I really rate him. Whether he's 'flashy' enough for you lot, not sure though.

Did you see the rules changes proposed btw? Allowing clubs to operate La Masia style academies as boarding schools rather than doing what Watford are doing and sending their scholars to a genuine boarding school? Southgate's plans to ban 11-a-side are also straight out of the Michels' handbook of 'how to develop young players'. If, and only if, we start getting those changes and the big clubs properly start to invest in youth rather than plundering each others youth teams then we may see sensible prices return for young players. We might even start seeing more money flowing into the football league too which would be a great thing. Can you see Morrison getting in with the wrong crowd when he's taking into a proper academy? Hopefully clubs will start looking to where the u17s are coming from and starting to put the pieces together and back the proposals.

First i have heard about it all tbh Mate, But what a difference that could make to our lads. It is what we need, Otherwise this country will fall further behind other major European Countrys.

Southgate may be a failed manager, But this role he holds in the FA, might be perfect for him, Lets get Burton Built now.

First i have heard about it all tbh Mate, But what a difference that could make to our lads. It is what we need, Otherwise this country will fall further behind other major European Countrys.

Southgate may be a failed manager, But this role he holds in the FA, might be perfect for him, Lets get Burton Built now.

Think its shocking that its still not been built.

This is the kind of step we should have taken 10 years ago, but least we might do it now

Think its shocking that its still not been built.

This is the kind of step we should have taken 10 years ago, but least we might do it now

Yep. Better Late then never i suppose..

Annoying as it is, But thats the price we pay for having a national home, we can all love and be proud of... Oh wait.

Think Jones will end up a CB/DMC for us. DMC is a lightweight area, and he has all the attributes to be a quicker version of Vidic. Silly thing for him to say, not yet got enough about him to go on a wind up. Still made me chuckle

Think Jones will end up a CB/DMC for us. DMC is a lightweight area, and he has all the attributes to be a quicker version of Vidic. Silly thing for him to say, not yet got enough about him to go on a wind up. Still made me chuckle

Comolli's comments were interesting today. He was talking about Henderson and was saying how for him it was all about football and whether he'd play and where he'd play and how he'd develop as a footballer. But not the money. Bit of a sly dig there I think.

Really not sure about Jones and where he fits into your plans currently. Obviously bought earlier than you'd have wanted. Will be fascinating to watch the other big teams this summer. Manchester City seem nailed on for Cahill btw - they're the only ones daft enough to offer him the wages he wants. Jones and Henderson both told City where to go though. Obviously watched the stellar career progression of other young homegrown talent there ;)

Back