The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
But yeah, 'ITK' tells us interest in Oxlade-Chamberlain is real, no surprise we're after him really. One of the best up-and-coming youths out there.

Also, Charlie Adam deal done pretty much, waiting for his return from holiday, last night.

Well if they fail to see the sense of us having the legal right with his contract clause, then we're go to court, but i fully expect the Venkys advisors to persuade them, they have no legal standing on this one.

The Figure has been branded around the public domain for about 2 weeks now, with everyone and everything reporting it as 16.5million. So for us to know that, wasnt a suprise surely.

If blackburn want to go down the route of tapping up, Good luck with that, You and I both know proving someone has tapped someone up on " How did they know" is a very weak arguement.

If you've made contact with player, family and agent without permission from club it's tapping up. Remember Ziege to Liverpool from Boro way back when? Everyone knew his release clause. We still ended up paying compo because we'd not done it by the book.

edit: seems like total value of deal will now be closer to £20m.

Last edited:
Oh sweet Holy Hannukah.

LFC Transfer Chat III - Can Rawkites learn from experience? No Twitter Page 30ish...

Not sure what for, but Xabi Alonso is meeting with Dalglish in a private room in Formby Hall. No idea why, but we can dream. And am currently ******* myself with excitement.

Brian Durand guy said on Twitter he's over for someones birthday, sorry to burst your bubble!

Good video;
[video=youtube;_rdUlsMRndw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rdUlsMRndw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Brian Durand guy said on Twitter he's over for someones birthday, sorry to burst your bubble!

He's lying.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Oh, and a tweet from brian Durand: ''"I absolutely love the fact a few people actually believe @XabiAlonso is over in liverpool for my birthday! #toofunny. A girl can only dream."''

Let the speculation continue...

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has called for the Premier League season to kick off on a Sunday so that players do not have two games in less than 72 hours at the start of a 10-month season.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Thoughts on this?

I dont know i love the first Saturday of the new season!

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has called for the Premier League season to kick off on a Sunday so that players do not have two games in less than 72 hours at the start of a 10-month season.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Thoughts on this?

I dont know i love the first Saturday of the new season!

meh i could not bothered either way, as long as the season kicks off in time Im happy

If you've made contact with player, family and agent without permission from club it's tapping up. Remember Ziege to Liverpool from Boro way back when? Everyone knew his release clause. We still ended up paying compo because we'd not done it by the book.

edit: seems like total value of deal will now be closer to £20m.

I think proving it, would be Blackburns ultimate problem here. To accuse someone is one thing, but to actually prove it is another, like Spurs always threatening/ reporting clubs to the Premier league, It is nothing more then a PR stunt.

Apparently 3.5million extra on Add ons, if we win the league, Champions league, stuff like that.

'Blackpool are expected to make an announcement regarding Adam very soon, if yer a Liverpool Fan listen out for that'

Adam's as good as joined, and has been for months. Just waiting for his return from holiday. He's now back, and it'll happen in the next day or two.

Same thing happened with Jones.

But we put in a last minute bid.. Adam was going to join Liverpool in January but Blackpool asked them to back off until summer, which they did. He'll be a Liverpool player by the end of the week.. Some ITK's saying in the next 24 hours.

But we put in a last minute bid.. Adam was going to join Liverpool in January but Blackpool asked them to back off until summer, which they did. He'll be a Liverpool player by the end of the week.. Some ITK's saying in the next 24 hours.

He was due to meet Alex Ferguson at the weekend they played United (last match), but Ferguson never showed, apparently.
Classy...

I fully expect Adam to sign, just pointing out that betting being cancelled doesn't 100% mean a player will sign.

Rumors of Twitter:

Although they cannot offer CL football at present, they can meet Lille's valuation & Hazard's personal terms and crucially LONG-TERM. Liverpool have had regular dialogue between Lille & Hazard's representatives since Feb & we understand that the balance of power has swung in favour of the Anfield club.

Back