The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
So why all the talk of us signing Downing if we're after Mata?

& I know they play different positions, but we need a winger, not an over-rated, unfit piece of ****. I wouldn't mind if we're paying £2-3million for him (like we should when he has a year left of his contract) but we're on about being dicks and paying close to £10million for him. Kenny & FSG need to sort it out. FSG seem to be in "look at us spend money" mode atm - not business mode.

What ever Kenny's judgement is then I trust. Look at him in his first stint as manager, signings of Barnes & Beardsley didn't exactly set the world on fire did they? But he is doing now what he did back then, he is building a squad. We need to get away from the 'mindset' of needing to have a first eleven of world class superstars and that we actually have a first team of 25 players. A squad where every player plays a substantial amount of games each season, a la United. We need a squad who want to play for each other, who are unified, who are competitive & sadly this is what United have done for years & years now and look where they are because of it.

If Kenny wants them then so be it, he's done this before & he is in the process of doing it again.

I'm not questioning their judgement, nor am I under-estimating Downing - in fact, I'd be pleased with his signing. I just don't want us to be held to ransom on a player that isn't that great.

I'm not questioning their judgement, nor am I under-estimating Downing - in fact, I'd be pleased with his signing. I just don't want us to be held to ransom on a player that isn't that great.

When a club isnt under pressure to sell, you have to overpay a little. FSG understand this. If you keep coming with bargain basement approach you'll end up with same problems as before

looks more like a training top if i'm honest.

& If we're serious about going after Charlie Adam (especially for the rumoured £9million) then I'll be seriously ****** off. We have an abundance of central midfield players, and if we doubled what we would pay for Adam, we could have Mata. Mata > Adam any day of the week. Honestly don't understand the hype around Adam. Over-rated.

For:

Good FK delivery
Great Corner delivery
Creative passer
Used to the Premiership
British
Wants to come here
Relatively cheap

Against:

Lacks pace
Too fond of the killer ball
Doesn't score enough from open play
One season wonder ?

He would give us what we have been lacking from central midfield - creativity - the ability to break down a stubborn defence with something a bit special in the through-ball department, plus we don't have a consistant dead-ball taker. Suarez has his moments from direct FKs but we haven't got anyone to pick out a friendly player in the box from corners or FKs with consistant accurate delivery. This will be invaluable now that we have Carroll lurking with intent; it could mean an extra 15+ goals a season to us.

I think he'd be well worth a punt but not for more than £10m. We might have lot of bargaining to do though as all the ITKs are reporting that Oyston is being a bit of a c**t about the transfer. Apparently we had a verbal agreement on the deal but now he's holding out for more cash.

Turn it in boys, Kenny knows what he's doing. I'm sick of the OMG why are we signing another centre-mid when we need wingers! We're 2 weeks into the transfer window and there is international tournaments going on. Have trust in Kenny, what's he ever done wrong?

Turn it in boys, Kenny knows what he's doing. I'm sick of the OMG why are we signing another centre-mid when we need wingers! We're 2 weeks into the transfer window and there is international tournaments going on. Have trust in Kenny, what's he ever done wrong?

This, I'm not even a liverpool fan and yet i can see exactly where he is going with his target. Those who are confused, should look back at his style and you will see how and why he is picking his targets

Versatile players, like Mata/Downing are just what Kenny wants. He changes formation so much to suit the opposition.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Thommo saying we've bid for Mata.
Yeyeyeyeyeye

Versatile players, like Mata/Downing are just what Kenny wants. He changes formation so much to suit the opposition.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Thommo saying we've bid for Mata.
Yeyeyeyeyeye

Any idea how much?
Also hopfully it gets sorted out pretty quickly.

I must be the only one who noticed it, but he hasn't got an engine (Charlie Adam) He just dies around 60 minutes, which is why Blackpool often let leads slip, because Adam ran out of steam. I know we're not Blackpool, but what? Are we just going to sub him every game because he's too tired? I don't mind him, I just don't think we should pay more than £5 million for him.

I must be the only one who noticed it, but he hasn't got an engine (Charlie Adam) He just dies around 60 minutes, which is why Blackpool often let leads slip, because Adam ran out of steam. I know we're not Blackpool, but what? Are we just going to sub him every game because he's too tired? I don't mind him, I just don't think we should pay more than £5 million for him.

Meireles got subbed more than anyone last season... How effective did you find him?

Yes, but Meireles puts himself about, as in moves.
Everytime I've watched Adam, he's just sat in the middle of the park.

I think it's alright, but a no no to the blue, it's just...wrong. Meh, we'll never even see it worn to be fair.

Yeah I can see the issue with the blue, but seeing as though it's to do with the kit Liverpool used to wear it's not all that bad.
Find it funny reading some of the comments on there about the blue aha.

Back