The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The 3rd is horrible, and the blue, wtf? Aah the away makes up for it.

Yes, but Meireles puts himself about, as in moves.
Everytime I've watched Adam, he's just sat in the middle of the park.

A certain Xabi alonso 'just sat in the middle of the park'. He weren't half bad.

The 3rd is horrible, and the blue, wtf? Aah the away makes up for it.

A certain Xabi alonso 'just sat in the middle of the park'. He weren't half bad.

please don't tell me you're comparing one of the best deep lying playmakers around, with Charlie Adam? *facepalm*

please don't tell me you're comparing one of the best deep lying playmakers around, with Charlie Adam? *facepalm*

Fact is, both players sit in the middle of the park? He did not compare him with Alonso, he merely stated they play the same role.

I've made no comparison. Merely stated both are pretty static but both do a job for the team.

Kenny is building a squad of players, not just a first 11, the fans are going on and on when we're 2 weeks into the transfer window. Appreciate that FSG are giving us money to actually ****** spend on players.

Apparently, Doni has rejected us. We offered him a smaller wage than he was on at Roma, he may be going to Galatasaray.

Could be worse, seeing as though he was only really coming is as cover and pepe isn't exactly know for falling over and breaking himself.
Still Gala might not want him if they sign Muslera.
Also heard that Park Cho-young might be signing, true or not?

Could be worse, seeing as though he was only really coming is as cover and pepe isn't exactly know for falling over and breaking himself.
Still Gala might not want him if they sign Muslera.
Also heard that Park Cho-young might be signing, true or not?

I don't really mind, backup in the GK department isn't the most important thing when we have the ever reliable Pepe *touch wood*. Park would be a risk worth taking considering we'd be paying <6m for him, we'd get the transfer money back in shirt sales in Asia! Not sure if it is true or not though. :)

I've made no comparison. Merely stated both are pretty static but both do a job for the team.

Kenny is building a squad of players, not just a first 11, the fans are going on and on when we're 2 weeks into the transfer window. Appreciate that FSG are giving us money to actually ****** spend on players.

You do realise, this could be both good and bad? Yes, great, we can sign players. Then on the other hand, if clubs realise we have money, then the asking price instantly goes up - and I don't wat FSG to spend, just to show the fans that they will spend.

Park would be a risk worth taking considering we'd be paying <6m for him, we'd get the transfer money back in shirt sales in Asia! Not sure if it is true or not though. :)
Heard he turned down PSG and lille I think was the other, Monaco wanted just over 5m for him so yeah isn't all that bad and like you said, shirt sales in Asia alone would cover that ;)

Park would be a risk worth taking considering we'd be paying <6m for him, we'd get the transfer money back in shirt sales in Asia! Not sure if it is true or not though. :)

Would much prefer to take a risk on Honda or Kagawa to be fair. They have even more marketability in Japan and seem to be more than a bit part player. Maybe im wrong. Whoever we buy this summer im sure Kenny will get 100% from them :)

Kagawa was/is linked with untied isn't he? Would be a nice buy though.
He was doing well for dortmund last season.

Last edited:
Liverpool have today confirmed the release of four players.

Reserve-team quartet Deale Chamberlain, Steven Irwin, Alex Cooper and Nikola Saric have left the Reds following the expiry of their contracts.

Liverpool Football Club would like to wish them all the best for the future.

Also, Blackpool have confirmed that talks with Liverpool have commenced over the possible signing of Charlie Adam

Would much prefer to take a risk on Honda or Kagawa to be fair. They have even more marketability in Japan and seem to be more than a bit part player. Maybe im wrong. Whoever we buy this summer im sure Kenny will get 100% from them :)

This. Though Kagawa would be very hard to sign, Honda not so much.

Honestly, if it improves our marketability in Asia, I'd happily sign Jackie Chan for a few million to sit on the bench.

Of course, they're slightly more proven players but I doubt Kagawa would come, he seems like he's got his heart set on United and if not will stay at Dortmund. I'd love Honda tbh but rumours have died down unfortunately, wouldn't mind Park though.

You do realise, this could be both good and bad? Yes, great, we can sign players. Then on the other hand, if clubs realise we have money, then the asking price instantly goes up - and I don't wat FSG to spend, just to show the fans that they will spend.

FSG are well respected business people, they're not gonna go out and waste their own money if they don't think it's worth it.

Soto has signed a year contract extension. Thoughts?

Of course, they're slightly more proven players but I doubt Kagawa would come, he seems like he's got his heart set on United and if not will stay at Dortmund. I'd love Honda tbh but rumours have died down unfortunately, wouldn't mind Park though.

FSG are well respected business people, they're not gonna go out and waste their own money if they don't think it's worth it.

Soto has signed a year contract extension. Thoughts?

I like Honda but there'd be no room for him if Adam & Mata arrive as we'd have 3 playmakers all looking for regular football.

The Kyropracter's contract extension kicked in automatically when he played a certain number of games last season; maybe that's put an extra million on his value & if I were FSG I'd be looking to offload him asap. He's too slow & his decision making is not at all good - he's too much of a weakness at the back which opposing teams have exploited in the past & probably will again.

"I don't know what to say, I can say that I'm very close to Liverpool. After the Copa America, we will see what happens" - Cristian Zapata

Never seen this guy play. Anybody knows if he's any good?

AUGUST:

13 - Sunderland (h)
20 - Arsenal (a)
27 - Bolton Wanderers (h)

SEPTEMBER:

10 - Stoke City (a)
17 - Tottenham Hotspur (a)
24 - Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)

OCTOBER:

1 - Everton (a)
15 - Manchester United (h)
22 - Norwich City (h)
29 - West Bromwich Albion (a)

NOVEMBER:

5 - Swansea City (h)
19 - Chelsea (a)
26 - Manchester City (h)

DECEMBER:

3 - Fulham (a)
10 - Queens Park Rangers (h)
17 - Aston Villa (a)
20 - Wigan Athletic (a)
26 - Blackburn Rovers (h)
31 - Newcastle United (h)

JANUARY:

2 - Manchester City (a)
14 - Stoke City (h)
21 - Bolton Wanderers (a)
31 - Wolverhampton Wanderers (a)

FEBRUARY:

4 - Tottenham Hotspur (h)
11 - Manchester United (a)
25 - Everton (h)

MARCH:

3 - Arsenal (h)
10 - Sunderland (a)
17 - Queens Park Rangers (a)
24 - Wigan Athletic (h)
31 - Newcastle United (a)

APRIL:

7 - Aston Villa (h)
9 - Blackburn Rovers (a)
14 - Fulham (h)
21 - West Bromwich Albion (h)
28 - Norwich City (a)

MAY:

5 - Chelsea (h)
13 - Swansea City (a)

"I don't know what to say, I can say that I'm very close to Liverpool. After the Copa America, we will see what happens" - Cristian Zapata

Never seen this guy play. Anybody knows if he's any good?

Position?

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

"FEBRUARY:

4 - Tottenham Hotspur (h)
11 - Manchester United (a)
25 - Everton (h)

MARCH:

3 - Arsenal (h)"

Tough run there.

Back