The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Position?

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

"FEBRUARY:

4 - Tottenham Hotspur (h)
11 - Manchester United (a)
25 - Everton (h)

MARCH:

3 - Arsenal (h)"

Tough run there.

CB.. FM legend too.. ;)

Position?

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

"FEBRUARY:

4 - Tottenham Hotspur (h)
11 - Manchester United (a)
25 - Everton (h)

MARCH:

3 - Arsenal (h)"

Tough run there.

He's a defender.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Didn't see that one coming, heard nothing on him.

Skysports wrote an article about it as well.

Gago. :P

There were rumors too.. Good luck..

=O Journo's/ITK's said they know nothing about Gago-Liverpool =P

Roston Drenthe was my initial reaction

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Udinese defender Cristian Zapata has revealed that he is close to agreeing a deal with Liverpool.

The Colombia international is rated as one of the best defenders in Serie A and he played a major role in helping them into the UEFA Champions League next season.

He is currently back in South America preparing for the Copa America, but he has revealed that he is in talks about leaving Italy.

The 24-year-old has stated that Liverpool and Bayern Munich have both made moves for his signature, but he admits that he is close to sealing a switch to Anfield.

Very close

Asked about his future by La FM, he said: "I do not know what to say, I can say that I am very close to Liverpool.

"At the end of the Copa America, we will see what happens with my future.

"I have gained experience, but the time has come for me to make the jump to a big team."

Zapata, who has been with Udinese for four years, plays in central defence but is also capable of playing in either full-back position.

A previous target of Arsenal, Zapata currently has two years left on his contract at the Stade Friuli.

=O Journo's/ITK's said they know nothing about Gago-Liverpool =P

Roston Drenthe was my initial reaction

Did your ITKs say anything about Zapata? It all came out of nowhere isn't it? Not saying it is Gago, but can't rule him out..

Yeah maybe Drenthe too.. He is a good player, shame about his time at Madrid.

Did your ITKs say anything about Zapata? It all came out of nowhere isn't it? Not saying it is Gago, but can't rule him out..

No one knew about him at all.

I like the way we're doing business.

Fits in with what I told you almost perfectly eh Alex? Who knows though. Would be a boss signing if it's true.

No one knew about him at all.

I like the way we're doing business.

Henderson deal was well known and Charlie Adam (If done) is the most secret deal ever :P

And also Do you lot rate Drenthe as a LW? IMO he is a good player, just mentally not strong enough. Few seasons back when Madrid fans booed him, it took so long for him to get back to his best or in other words he was really heart broken..

Henderson deal was well known and Charlie Adam (If done) is the most secret deal ever :P

And also Do you lot rate Drenthe as a LW? IMO he is a good player, just mentally not strong enough. Few seasons back when Madrid fans booed him, it took so long for him to get back to his best or in other words he was really heart broken..

Unsure really, he's good enough for sure. One thing's for sure, Liverpool fans do not boo our players.

Unsure really, he's good enough for sure. One thing's for sure, Liverpool fans do not boo our players.

Lucas was booed 2 seasons back (Rafa's last season) :P

Yeah I know what you meant, even I was thinking in the same way. Liverpool get behind players very well and with the support he gets, he can be very good player.. He is very good example of confidence player.. He has very good crossing ability too... Madrid are trying to get rid of him from 2 seasons, so can get him on very low price....

Ngog expected to seal his move to the Stadium of Light by the end of the week.

Kenny Dalglish today admitted he shares in the excitement of the supporters following the announcement of Liverpool's fixtures for the brand new Barclays Premier League campaign.

The Reds will open their 2011-12 season with a home game against Sunderland before travelling to Arsenal the following week.

While not placing too much relevance on who the Reds face and when, Dalglish insists today represents another key date in the football fans' calendar.

"It doesn't matter who you are playing," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "Today is all about another step towards the start of the season when supporters get excited because the fixtures are out.

"Over the summer there are various trigger points towards the start of the new season. First of all fans get excited when they see new players coming in - players who are going to excite them - and it's our obligation to do that for them as soon as possible.

"Then there are players who leave the club and that's not a reflection on them, it's just something that happens.

"When the fixtures come out it makes everyone that bit more excited and start looking forward to the start of the season.

"We've got Sunderland first - which will be a poignant day for Jordan Henderson I'm sure with him being a Sunderland boy and a former player - and then we go to Arsenal. But it doesn't matter what order the games come in. We have to play everyone home and away.

"There's not a lot you can say about the fixture list really. But I would ask why the season is starting on a Saturday when there are international friendlies the midweek before. Clubs are doing their best to bring in good players and that usually means they are international players. There is a free week after the first weekend so I don't understand why we can't start the season on a Sunday to prevent players having to travel back on a Wednesday night in time for a Saturday start.

"If you are going to have international games then have them. But surely it makes sense to put the league games back a day if it's possible. To me it's common sense."

Fits in with what I told you almost perfectly eh Alex? Who knows though. Would be a boss signing if it's true.

Very much so! Very good Zeb, very good.

Adam is being spoken about more by Blackpool than us at the moment, and no one really caught wind of Henderson until a day or so before we actually bidded. Throwing smokescreens all over the shop.

I like.

Lucas was booed 2 seasons back (Rafa's last season) :P

Just to be fair, Lucas wasn't booed but the decision Rafa made involving him was. The numpties in the crowd wanted a clearly attacking substitution. But it obviously felt like he'd been personally booed to him, and the amount of **** supposed Liverpool supporters and the vast majority of the media were pouring out on him also obviously must have had an effect.

I've not seen Drenthe play for a very long time. Hard to know what player he is now. Has he got a point to prove somewhere or has he just given up and found a level and won't progress further?

Just to be fair, Lucas wasn't booed but the decision Rafa made involving him was. The numpties in the crowd wanted a clearly attacking substitution. But it obviously felt like he'd been personally booed to him, and the amount of **** supposed Liverpool supporters and the vast majority of the media were pouring out on him also obviously must have had an effect.

I've not seen Drenthe play for a very long time. Hard to know what player he is now. Has he got a point to prove somewhere or has he just given up and found a level and won't progress further?

Drenthe is no where near the player many expected him to be, when he moved to Madrid. He had ok season with Hercules. Still I think he can improve and play better than he is now. Just a matter of finding the club that makes use of his talent.. IMO with Carroll in the team he maybe good signing as he has got good crossing ability. I have doubts on his mental ability. Mentally fragile.

Saying that I have a doubt that Liverpool is too big a club for him. Risky business imo but you can get him for very low price. So maybe worth a risk..

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

From other forum..

Adz77: Zapata: Played 35 games, 2 goals from 4 shots, won 62 of 73 tackles (84.9%), completed 952 of 1128 passes (84.4) made 29 fouls (6YC 0R)

TheCalcioItalia: Udinese's Zapata: "I am very close to Liverpool. I have gained experience, but the time has come to make the jump to a big team." #fb

Adz77: Zapata: Quick, aggressive, with good anticipation, tactically intelligent & able to play at rb as well as centrally. Interesting that (cont)

Back