The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I'd like him for anything less than £10m - Solid, experienced Premier League right back. Yes please.

He's a left back! I think he'd be a great signing, he surely wouldn't cost more than £10m when he only has a year left of his contract. Wenger's always liked him though, so I'm expecting him to get a good contract offer soon and stay on with Le ****'

Left back no?

He's a left back! I think he'd be a great signing, he surely wouldn't cost more than £10m when he only has a year left of his contract. Wenger's always liked him though, so I'm expecting him to get a good contract offer soon and stay on with Le ****'

Sorry, that's what I meant -

I'd like him for anything less than £10m - Solid, experienced Premier League left back. Yes please.

Arsenal star Gael Clichy is favouring a move to Liverpool, despite interest from Serie A side Roma, according to The Times.

Please tell me this is a one-sided love..

anything less than 12m would be a bargain according to me... he is solid and experienced and he can is a good Proffessional

There's only so much you can comment on when absolutely zilch is happening on the transfer front except the usuall desperate circulation of second hand rumours.

Silence may be KK's watchword when it comes to LFC's transfer dealings but it makes for a very, very, very boring transfer window for us fans.

It seems we've lost another of our targets. Roma's Sporting director Walter Sabatini is in London to discuss the transfer of Arsenal defender Gael Clichy, according to Gazzetta.

I wouldn't be surprised if we intermittently worked together with Roma during this transfer window. Seeing as though they are now owned by a member of NESV, I suppose it would make some sense. Although I'm not sure if that is the case in this particular instance.

There's only so much you can comment on when absolutely zilch is happening on the transfer front except the usuall desperate circulation of second hand rumours.

Silence may be KK's watchword when it comes to LFC's transfer dealings but it makes for a very, very, very boring transfer window for us fans.

The Roux from Brest story seems to have some truth behind it. No offer yet, confirmed by Brest. What Brest didn't say is that there's meant to be talks over personal terms with the player on Thursday and the 8m euros is his release clause (Schalke have so far apparantly only offered 5m). We'll see though, as ever. Know absolutely nothing about the player himself other than what going through the French press and Brest fans have been saying about him the past couple of years. Could be a cracking signing if how they rate him translates into Premier League performances.

Just thought I'd keep the LFC flag flying though there's f**k all to talk about ! :S

Ah i think thats bull, United cant go after all our targets. Simply dont have the money. All the same its nice to see both clubs fighting for the same players. Shows how serious FSG are about LFC. :)

its not really the case of money so much as necessity, why would they go after another Winger when they just bought Ashely Young on a reportedly overpriced wage deal....

Just hearing that Downing is ready to hand in a transfer request to force a move to Liverpool

its not really the case of money so much as necessity, why would they go after another Winger when they just bought Ashely Young on a reportedly overpriced wage deal....

Ffs. Mata is not, I repeat not a winger - he's a playmaker.

How can people call him a winger ? Just watch how he plays !

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Just hearing that Downing is ready to hand in a transfer request to force a move to Liverpool

The Daily Mirror saying it doesn't make it so.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Umm, because he plays from the wing? We have 4 'wingers', but only Valencia would be described as such

Mata is a winger. Not play maker. Valencia's play maker is Ever Banega..

So he's a new sort of winger then who consistantly plays inside ?

he is best utilised on the wings and thats where he plays for Valencia and even if he is a winger, thats what u need dont ya while Man Utd have enough so if u are willing to pay he cash, u got little to no competition for him and u dont need a playmaker, u have Henderson and Gerrard

Could be fake, could be not. Richard Buxton retweets someone he knows is getting a car to take Adam from Blackpool to Liverpool, could be a **** take. Could not...

Back