The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Dobcheev, just think about it in FM terms, he can play AML or AMR - yet you can set him as an advanced playmaker - that's what Mata is.

Is Mata what Liverpool fans want though? I think the link up between Suarez and Mata could be sexual, but I've heard 'Pool fans time and again moaning about the need to buy out and out wingers to supply Carroll

Dobcheev, just think about it in FM terms, he can play AML or AMR - yet you can set him as an advanced playmaker - that's what Mata is.

though he openly prefers the left side, didnt play MR or AMR in the league last season

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Is Mata what Liverpool fans want though? I think the link up between Suarez and Mata could be sexual, but I've heard 'Pool fans time and again moaning about the need to buy out and out wingers to supply Carroll

Mata will find Carroll to feet at lot, think too many are obsessed with him in the air

Could be fake, could be not. Richard Buxton retweets someone he knows is getting a car to take Adam from Blackpool to Liverpool, could be a **** take. Could not...

been hearing reports that Damien Comolli has also been ready to open talks with Blackpool so it could be true

though he openly prefers the left side, didnt play MR or AMR in the league last season

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Mata will find Carroll to feet at lot, think too many are obsessed with him in the air

Along with Adam/Gerrard/possibly Downing too, all good in that department.

It is his strength though, no? I know what you're saying, but Maxi Rodriguez can find Carroll to feet, yet Liverpool fans want wingers?

It is his strength though, no? I know what you're saying, but Maxi Rodriguez can find Carroll to feet, yet Liverpool fans want wingers?

Maxi isnt as good, and Mata is a flying left sided player which is what they need. he can cross well, just doesnt often for Valencia, as its not their approach

With Carroll we've got that versatility, he can play with his feet, and hit a killer shot like vs Man City. Yet, his height is not decieving, he can head it well too, that along with Suarez who's a tricky bugar to catch with his speed, skill, got a killer shot on him.

We have a similar situation with Young, he will slightly change his approach with us, becuase he will play more offensively with us that he could with Villa

So he's a new sort of winger then who consistantly plays inside ?

He is a left footed left winger, but not traditional one who hugs touchline. He drifts inside a lot and links up play very well.

he is best utilised on the wings and thats where he plays for Valencia and even if he is a winger, thats what u need dont ya while Man Utd have enough so if u are willing to pay he cash, u got little to no competition for him and u dont need a playmaker, u have Henderson and Gerrard

When I've watched him he's always been flitting about in the centre & around the box. I know he's been stuck out on the wing by Valencia occasionally but he invariably comes inside as that's where he instinctively wants to play; a winger who doesn't play on the wings is not a winger in my book. We do need width, hence our interest in Downing who is a conventional winger. The two players would easily be able to play in the same line up as they would be operating in different areas of the pitch. I mean it wouldn't be logical to buy two left wingers who both would expect to be first choice starters now would it ? We're not Sheikh City after all who have about three players for every position & all expecting to start.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Yes he is what we want - a tricky, creative player. Regarding wingers: Why do you suppose we're after Downing ?

When I've watched him he's always been flitting about in the centre & around the box. I know he's been stuck out on the wing by Valencia occasionally but he invariably comes inside as that's where he instinctively wants to play; a winger who doesn't play on the wings is not a winger in my book. We do need width, hence our interest in Downing who is a conventional winger. The two players would easily be able to play in the same line up as they would be operating in different areas of the pitch. I mean it wouldn't be logical to buy two left wingers who both would expect to be first choice starters now would it ? We're not Sheikh City after all who have about three players for every position & all expecting to start.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Yes he is what we want - a tricky, creative player. Regarding wingers: Why do you suppose we're after Downing ?

not occaisonally, played the majority of his games out on the left, thats where he likes to operate

lol class video

[video=youtube;rrw4IlKRPmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrw4IlKRPmc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Haha good one Calum. Made my day :)

As regards the video its a fake, my sister lives near Melwood and she told me it was overcast today there so the vid is an old one.

Back