The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Well in my drunken opinion id think Baines>Clichy>Enrique>Cissoko(sp). Doubt wed get baines as he is an evertonian but /clichy/Enrique aer in our sights. Only reason i dont rat cissolo is because he has no epl experience...
@Athe-: dont you live in argentina? that would be a **** of a swim :P

Apologies if my opinion/spelling is messed up as im a bit worse for wear tonight. Also peopel follow Eds on twitter, he hent me a pm. Will post a link tomorrow. :)

Well in my drunken opinion id think Baines>Clichy>Enrique>Cissoko(sp). Doubt wed get baines as he is an evertonian but /clichy/Enrique aer in our sights. Only reason i dont rat cissolo is because he has no epl experience...

Apologies if my opinion/spelling is messed up as im a bit worse for wear tonight. Also peopel follow Eds on twitter, he hent me a pm. Will post a link tomorrow. :)

Yes, I live in Argentina, and it'd be a **** of swim, you bet, but it'd be worth it! I don't like traitors, you know.

I'd be happy with signing Mata, Clichy & Adam - Sounds a bit better than signing Downing, Enrique & Adam :P

But if we have to sell Meireles then I don't want Adam ):

Also got reported on Valencia TV..

What, Valencia have a TV channel? LOL

The Arsenal bid is 100 pct true.

Ignoring the dailyfail exclusive and Goal.com Bloomberg, ESPN, Yahoo/Eurosport, Broadsheet papers and basically everyone has reported that they have bid. Everyone says its 18 million exactly as well so thats pretty much a certainty that its around that mark.

Interesting twist...

Gervinho, Mata an apparently Hulk jesus if Wenger thinks they are his priorities then....wow.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with signing Mata, Clichy & Adam - Sounds a bit better than signing Downing, Enrique & Adam :P

But if we have to sell Meireles then I don't want Adam ):

What, Valencia have a TV channel? LOLp

No, as in local TV in Valencia (don't know what you call people from Valencia other than Spanish.)

The Arsenal bid is 100 pct true.

Ignoring the dailyfail exclusive and Goal.com Bloomberg, ESPN, Yahoo/Eurosport, Broadsheet papers and basically everyone has reported that they have bid. Everyone says its 18 million exactly as well so thats pretty much a certainty that its around that mark.

Interesting twist...

Gervinho, Mata an apparently Hulk jesus if Wenger thinks they are his priorities then....wow.

If this is true, then I just jizzed.

No, as in local TV in Valencia (don't know what you call people from Valencia other than Spanish.)

Oh okay then. Well nonetheless it's not like we expected to be the only club chasing him, although weird seeing Arsenal actually bid real money for someone.. Maybe they are resigned to losing somebody.. But that's for another thread ;)

Repeat after me - 'Mods must not get ****** before they post as it shows a bad example to the children'.

Hoo Ha ! ;) :D

Repeat after me - 'Mods must not get ****** before they post as it shows a bad example to the children'.

Hoo Ha ! ;) :D

Last time I checked i wasnt a mod ;)
Anyway sorry for the drunken post but i imagine most people got my point.

Here is Eds twitter page that i mentioned so please follow:
Twitter

Last time I checked i wasnt a mod ;)
Anyway sorry for the drunken post but i imagine most people got my point.

Here is Eds twitter page that i mentioned so please follow:
Twitter

Sorry, mate I could have sworn you were.

ScouseMatters does not fill me with confidence re Mata. As soon as a CL club starts bidding for one of our targets we begin to struggle. We're still suffering from the legacy of D&D's & Hodgson's fubar of our season. Any player who we manage to sign will come for one of two reasons:

1) Nobody else is bidding for him.
2) He really wants to come here.

Fingers crossed that Mata qualifies for the second.

Probably gunna get a barrage of abuse, but idc, it's my opinion.

I'm starting to lose faith in Commoli and Dalglish - £50M on 'potential' good English players. Good. Not world class. (Henderson & Carroll) and then another possible £30M on Downing and Adam and maybe us selling Mereiles. Just because we're an English club, does not mean we have to sign average players at inflated prices. Hopefully I'm proved wrong, and we do see the likes of Mata etc join the club this summer.

Probably gunna get a barrage of abuse, but idc, it's my opinion.

I'm starting to lose faith in Commoli and Dalglish - £50M on 'potential' good English players. Good. Not world class. (Henderson & Carroll) and then another possible £30M on Downing and Adam and maybe us selling Mereiles. Just because we're an English club, does not mean we have to sign average players at inflated prices. Hopefully I'm proved wrong, and we do see the likes of Mata etc join the club this summer.

Im just wondering what kind of targets you think you should be getting, because you are outgunned on most fronts by your rivals

Im just wondering what kind of targets you think you should be getting, because you are outgunned on most fronts by your rivals

More or less true, even Liverpool had even got a Europa League place next season it would have been a great deal of help unfortunately going for English players whose transfer prices as we know will be inflated is just not the way Mike..... I ca understand the Carroll and Henderson transfer but why would Pool pay close to 16m for Downing, why not try for somene like Charles N Zogbia instead or better still, give a quality player like Joe Cole a chance, let him justify his wages

Valencianos/valencianas (Male/female). Maybe 'Valencians' is more accurate in English, can't be sure :P

Back