The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Yes I did? I said we should be targeting players of Suarez' quality. Not players with 'potential' for inflated fees.

You got Suarez becuase no one else was seriously interested. You dont have the pull once other teams get seriously involved, and Dalglish like to work with players with potential, you should know this as a liverpool fan...

Which other names should you be targeting?

Christ if you cant even have faith in Dalgish...

You got Suarez becuase no one else was seriously interested. You dont have the pull once other teams get seriously involved, and Dalglish like to work with players with potential, you should know this as a liverpool fan...

Which other names should you be targeting?

Christ if you cant even have faith in Dalgish...

Plenty of teams were interested - Barcelona, Madrid etc - yet we went for him in January, he could've easily held out till the summer and moved to one of the other teams.

Also, I have faith in Dalglish - I'm just not a fan of how he and Commoli are operating in the transfer market, which so far, has led to us being ripped off.

Plenty of teams were interested - Barcelona, Madrid etc - yet we went for him in January, he could've easily held out till the summer and moved to one of the other teams.

Also, I have faith in Dalglish - I'm just not a fan of how he and Commoli are operating in the transfer market, which so far, has led to us being ripped off.

Not one of those teams registered real interest, Ajax confirmed that only Liverpool were seriously after him, and he wanted to move then.

You say you have faith yet criticize while we havent even entered July yet. The simple fact is Liverpool do not have as big a pull, and their transfer business relies on moving quickly and quietly, hence the recent massive frustation at the "ITKs" leaking goings on.

All of the current buys are improvements on what you have so far

Last edited:
I just think we could still get better players than who we're being linked with, for less than what we're prepared to pay for English equivelants.

I just think we could still get better players than who we're being linked with, for less than what we're prepared to pay for English equivelants.

Really? name names then because you are certainly outgunned when it comes to bidding for players like Mata should other teams get involved, and that is why he is looking domestically currently, and keeping everything else very quiet.

Actually we're not just focusing on English players, we're focused on players playing in England. So the likes of N'Zogbia are also prefered.

Actually we're not just focusing on English players, we're focused on players playing in England. So the likes of N'Zogbia are also prefered.

Which makes sense, of course. If you're looking to rebuild a squad, you want the majority to be used to the Prem, with a couple of outsiders that can bed in. Otherwise, most of your squad would be bedding in and gelling, and would lead to erratic results.

Which makes sense, of course. If you're looking to rebuild a squad, you want the majority to be used to the Prem, with a couple of outsiders that can bed in. Otherwise, most of your squad would be bedding in and gelling, and would lead to erratic results.

Particularly at a point when they can not afford to get it wrong with transfers. Dalglish is looking to add depth as well as quality

On a side note (because i'm losing this argument :P), I watched a bit of our academy this year, and have to say as well as Coady - Adam Morgan and Kristian Adorjan look like they could be good players

i was trying to be nice about him haha but whole clichy an other lb targets seem to be dieing out

I think a lot of people are taking many transfer "stories" too seriously. A lot of the reports are utter b/s, blown up by reporters and journalists doing whatever they can to sell a story, make a living and get an ounce of information from people who knows a friend of a friend of a cousin's brother of Mr X who likes the EPL and knows they have watched one Liverpool match in their life ever so get linked instantly with a move to the club with an estimated cost coming from where? God knows. Remember to take every story with a pinch of salt.

Remember to take every story with a pinch of salt.

This is an old article but it echoes your point exactly:
Football Transfer Rumours: Liverpool want Barcelona

This is how i approach all transfers now. I wont believe a transfers going to happen until i see the player being presented in a shirt.
Anybody remember a few years ago when United told the world they had signed Ronaldinho only for him to sign for Barcelona a day later.
Newspapers will say something is a done deal purely to sell more papers.

All transfers are being kept in house now and i dont even think ITK's are in the loop anymore.

Sammy Lee's left his role as assistant manager. Steve Clarke to step up?

That's quite funny, I sacked Sammy Lee and replaced him with Steve Clark on my FM save. Need I say who was best!?

This is how i approach all transfers now. I wont believe a transfers going to happen until i see the player being presented in a shirt.

Exactly mate, I love hearing us being linked with good players but know 90% of the deals being reported are never going to happen. That was also my immediate thought when I heard about the Mata story.

I dislike how Liverpool fans slate Sammy Lee. Liverpool legend, scouser through and through.

I agree, but I just think he's not a good *** man.

Yeah, that's fair enough. However I've heard loads of fans absolutely ripping into him and find it a bit disrespectful considering he was part of one of our best ever sides.

Back