The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Firstly - can half of you not read? I said I do trust Kenny, but perhaps some trust him a little too much, purely because he's 'King' Kenny. The games changed since he went around buying the best British talent. £16M & £35M respectively for Henderson & Carroll? Yeah, because that's great business. If the time comes when we want to sell Carroll, you think we'll get £35M back for him? I doubt it.

Look at it this way, Suarez cost little more than £7/8M more than Henderson, and £12M less than Carroll - He's 3 years older than Henderson, and 2 years older than Carroll - and is of international pedigree. I'd much rather we bought 3/4 Suarez' this summer than 4 Henderson's.

You're judging 'King' Kenny on his past - the games changed. It's what he does now and in the future that counts. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I do apoligise for having a different opinion though, my bad.

Firstly - can half of you not read? I said I do trust Kenny, but perhaps some trust him a little too much, purely because he's 'King' Kenny. The games changed since he went around buying the best British talent. £16M & £35M respectively for Henderson & Carroll? Yeah, because that's great business. If the time comes when we want to sell Carroll, you think we'll get £35M back for him? I doubt it.

Look at it this way, Suarez cost little more than £7/8M more than Henderson, and £12M less than Carroll - He's 3 years older than Henderson, and 2 years older than Carroll - and is of international pedigree. I'd much rather we bought 3/4 Suarez' this summer than 4 Henderson's.

You're judging 'King' Kenny on his past - the games changed. It's what he does now and in the future that counts. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I do apoligise for having a different opinion though, my bad.

So this is how you base how good a signing is, how many Suarez's you could have bought with the money.. Very scientific.

Nobody cares that you have a different opinion, in fact I don't see why you're playing the victim here.. You aren't willing to give Henderson or Carroll a real chance, that's not our problem and we shouldn't have to put up with your whining about it.

You say Carroll and Henderson aren't worth the money, well who is? Enlighten me.. Because as far as I know there is only one Suarez so buying four of them (which is obviously your only current solution) isn't really going to work.

And I trust King Kenny because of the amazing job he did when he took over, I have no reason to doubt him. Actually no, when we start signing players like Konchesky, then I will doubt his ability.

Last edited:
If you don't trust Kenny, at least trust this man...
John_W_Henry John W. Henry
Speculation on players shouldn't include those of a certain age. We are not going to be successful by merely filling short-term needs at LFC

Twitter

Update:

A fan has said this:

penwhen Lou
Wonder if @John_W_Henry is paying attention to his #LFC subjects during Red Sox season. If he is, he's wondering what he got himself into.

and John replied:

@penwhen Very happy, very honored to be a part of all of this. I know it's difficult not seeing what's going on behind the scenes.

Really do like this man.

So this is how you base how good a signing is, how many Suarez's you could have bought with the money.. Very scientific.

Nobody cares that you have a different opinion, in fact I don't see why you're playing the victim here.. You aren't willing to give Henderson or Carroll a real chance, that's not our problem and we shouldn't have to put up with your whining about it.

You say Carroll and Henderson aren't worth the money, well who is? Enlighten me.. Because as far as I know there is only one Suarez so buying four of them (which is obviously your only current solution) isn't really going to work.

And I trust King Kenny because of the amazing job he did when he took over, I have no reason to doubt him. Actually no, when we start signing players like Konchesky, then I will doubt his ability.

Oh my daaaaaaaaaays. You took it far too literally. I'd rather have 4 or 5 players of Suarez' quality is what I meant.

Also, Carroll & Henderson - if they weren't English, would've cost £8M at the most each. & It's not just them, it's the fact we're being linked with Downing at £20M (Again, if he was foreign - he'd be £10M at most - though, he's one player I'd like us to sign, for a decent price as we need width) and Charlie Adam, who's incredibly over-rated, and I'd rather Shelvey got more games than we signed Adam.

Oh, I also never said I wasn't prepared to give either player a chance, so stop taking things out of context. I'd hardly call it whining, I'd call it an opinion, which ironically, has caused a debate. So again, I apoligise for 'whining'.

Truth be told, Kenny should be judged on this season coming up, not on last season, as we were always going to pick up with him in charge, just from the buzz that was created. As far as I remember, he got given his contract and we lost the last 2 games? Coincidence or just realisation that we'd done well because of the improved atmosphere. Alas, I won't go on, as you may perceive it to be whining.

I'm a Liverpool fan, so naturally I'll give every player a chance, but that doesn't mean I can't have my doubts does it?

If you want to judge him on the season ahead, wait until the 'season ahead' is over, no? At least wait until September to see how the squad is, being linked with a player and actually signing him are two very different things. Don't judge Kenny on people he's rumoured to want.

Oh my daaaaaaaaaays. You took it far too literally. I'd rather have 4 or 5 players of Suarez' quality is what I meant.

Also, Carroll & Henderson - if they weren't English, would've cost £8M at the most each. & It's not just them, it's the fact we're being linked with Downing at £20M (Again, if he was foreign - he'd be £10M at most - though, he's one player I'd like us to sign, for a decent price as we need width) and Charlie Adam, who's incredibly over-rated, and I'd rather Shelvey got more games than we signed Adam.

Oh, I also never said I wasn't prepared to give either player a chance, so stop taking things out of context. I'd hardly call it whining, I'd call it an opinion, which ironically, has caused a debate. So again, I apoligise for 'whining'.

Truth be told, Kenny should be judged on this season coming up, not on last season, as we were always going to pick up with him in charge, just from the buzz that was created. As far as I remember, he got given his contract and we lost the last 2 games? Coincidence or just realisation that we'd done well because of the improved atmosphere. Alas, I won't go on, as you may perceive it to be whining.

I'm a Liverpool fan, so naturally I'll give every player a chance, but that doesn't mean I can't have my doubts does it?

As i posted before Adam equalled or bettered Meireles in every stat. Downing had a very good season, and is nowhere near as one dimensional as you think, and if he was foreign would cost more than 10M coming from a side who want to keep him and dont need to sell.

You keep saying you should be linked to better names, yet you still havent mentioned which players you should be aiming for.

At least let them play before complaining.

Don't diss Konchesky bro. He tries his best :(

I dont need that. I have seen him in Sunderland and he is ****!

In RAWK they cry how **** he is already. Here the Liverpool fans try to stay positive because they want people to believe that their King is going to make the champions again.

It's not the first year Liverpool fans think they are on the up. They will all land hard on their **** from the "top". But i doubt they will keep their feet on the ground for long.

In RAWK they cry how **** he is already. Here the Liverpool fans try to stay positive because they want people to believe that their King is going to make the champions again.

It's not the first year Liverpool fans think they are on the up. They will all land hard on their **** from the "top".

so ignore fact and statistics, and stick to your flawed opinon

in that case stop trolling the liverpool forums. only warning

Tbf though Mike., Adam was playing in a team which looked for him with just about every ball. He was the team's talisman, their leader, and everything went through him (or the underrated David Vaughan). It's not surprising Meireles has worse stats than him really.

How about duels won though? Bet Meireles put in a better defensive shift.

It's not the first year Liverpool fans think they are on the up. They will all land hard on their **** from the "top".

Do you do anything apart from troll? Do you realise that your comment adds nothing to this thread? Just **** off.

1. Name 4 or 5 players of Suarez's ability that can be bought for <£20m.
2. Yes, point is, they're English, we want English players. And p.s>>>>£8m.
3. Downing is so expensive because he was awesome this season, look at the past few pages at what Mike. has said.
4. On Shelvey, Adam was great this year, Shelvey is still young, we should loan him out. Have you seen our squad in recent years We NEED depth.
5.We can only judge him on last season thus far, and he was great, only behind United since he took over with a mediocre squad.
6. He lost 2 games, big whoop, see above.

Just have faith, we have one of the best in the business in Commolli and a passionate manager with one of the top coaches, could be ***. Manager in Clarke. We are in a very good position right now, this time last year I'd have killed for this.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Tbf though Mike., Adam was playing in a team which looked for him with just about every ball. He was the team's talisman, their leader, and everything went through him (or the underrated David Vaughan). It's not surprising Meireles has worse stats than him really.

Do you do anything apart from troll? Do you realise that your comment adds nothing to this thread? Just **** off.

Hey. I value his informed and very valid opinion highly. Now off with you!

think Adam beat him there too, suprised by that tbh. know where you are coming from, but taking things into account, Raul was not that good, bar a 7 week spell in which he was very good. Adam is a great option to have as rotational depth

think Adam beat him there too, suprised by that tbh. know where you are coming from, but taking things into account, Raul was not that good, bar a 7 week spell in which he was very good. Adam is a great option to have as rotational depth

On the other hand, Meireles spent most of his time at Liverpool either on the wing or as an attacking midfielder, neither of which are positions which suit him. Alongside Lucas in midfield in a box-to-box role would probably suit him best, I reckon.

If people had read my post earlier about Henry instead of continuing this argument, you'd stop barking on.

If you don't trust Kenny, at least trust this man...
John_W_Henry John W. Henry
Speculation on players shouldn't include those of a certain age. We are not going to be successful by merely filling short-term needs at LFC

Twitter

Update:

A fan has said this:

penwhen Lou
Wonder if @John_W_Henry is paying attention to his #LFC subjects during Red Sox season. If he is, he's wondering what he got himself into.

and John replied:

@penwhen Very happy, very honored to be a part of all of this. I know it's difficult not seeing what's going on behind the scenes.

Really do like this man.

What this tells me is that the Downing rumours are false, due to his age.

On the other hand, Meireles spent most of his time at Liverpool either on the wing or as an attacking midfielder, neither of which are positions which suit him. Alongside Lucas in midfield in a box-to-box role would probably suit him best, I reckon.

When he went on his little run of scoring crucial goals after the new year he was playing in an advanced midfield role; I personally think this is where he should be playing as he's doesn't relish the physical contact he gets when playing centre midfield. I agree wing play is not his thing at all.

When he went on his little run of scoring crucial goals after the new year he was playing in an advanced midfield role; I personally think this is where he should be playing as he's doesn't relish the physical contact he gets when playing centre midfield. I agree wing play is not his thing at all.

agreed, he hasn't got the bite that Lucas has, but then Adam is more creative, so playing Adam next to Lucas is the better option perhaps

We welcome the vast majority of fans from other clubs on this thread as they give we LFC fans a different slant on the goings on at the club. However this guy has previous here & can't really be reasoned with. Everybody please ignore him & let the mods deal with him as they see fit.

Last edited:
Madridista CR7 is now banned from the thread for being pointless.

Back