The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
This is an old article but it echoes your point exactly:
Football Transfer Rumours: Liverpool want Barcelona

This is how i approach all transfers now. I wont believe a transfers going to happen until i see the player being presented in a shirt.
Anybody remember a few years ago when United told the world they had signed Ronaldinho only for him to sign for Barcelona a day later.
Newspapers will say something is a done deal purely to sell more papers.

All transfers are being kept in house now and i dont even think ITK's are in the loop anymore.

They are not, since they kept initially leaking all the news,which puts Liverpool at a disadvantage, they have pulled away from talking to even reputable "ITKs"

Yeah, that's fair enough. However I've heard loads of fans absolutely ripping into him and find it a bit disrespectful considering he was part of one of our best ever sides.

Really good player for club & country.... but an indifferent coach.

Apparently Sammy Lee is leaving Liverpool to go and re-join Sam Allardyce at WHU..

Lee's probably left because of interest to Clarke from Chelsea, so he'll become assistant and perhaps Lee may stay on in some capacity. If not, best of luck to him, passionate scouser and former player.

Don't cry Ride The Walrus, but Conor Wickham has joined Sunderland..

Yup, "Connor Wickham was a genuine Liverpool transfer target. They refused to match Sunderland's offer."

I am pretty gutted. We've now lost out on Jones, Wickham, and Young (Young, who I actually didn't want). Transfer morale's at a very low now.

Let me put it to you like this fellow fans - If it was Roy Hodgson who had just spent £20M on Henderson, was looking at spending £20M on Downing, and £10M on Adam - how would you feel? I can imagine that he'd be getting slated. Yes, I trust Kenny and I put my faith in him, but it seems some supporters are putting too much faith in him - purely because he's King Kenny.

Another question - If out of the two, we can only sign one, Downing for £20M or Mata for £18M, who would you prefer? I'd definately want Mata, and he's been quoted in the Spanish media that he'd be open to a move to Liverpool so why not go for him? His delivery is just as good as Downings, and he isn't as predictable as Downing is either.

So, what do you think? (cue barrage of abuse once more for me not backing Kind Kenny)

Let me put it to you like this fellow fans - If it was Roy Hodgson who had just spent £20M on Henderson, was looking at spending £20M on Downing, and £10M on Adam - how would you feel? I can imagine that he'd be getting slated. Yes, I trust Kenny and I put my faith in him, but it seems some supporters are putting too much faith in him - purely because he's King Kenny.

Another question - If out of the two, we can only sign one, Downing for £20M or Mata for £18M, who would you prefer? I'd definately want Mata, and he's been quoted in the Spanish media that he'd be open to a move to Liverpool so why not go for him? His delivery is just as good as Downings, and he isn't as predictable as Downing is either.

So, what do you think? (cue barrage of abuse once more for me not backing Kind Kenny)

Firstly, Henderson was 16 million.
Secondly, 18 million for Mata, you know this how? Mata is an inside forward essentially, his crossing is not as good as Downing's. It's the whole lopsided 4-4-2 again. One winger who'll stay out wide and repeated put crosses in (Downing), the other who'll cut inside and provide support (Possibly Mata).
I mean, Kenny has such a bad reputation at signing English players, I mean John Barnes was ****..

This has nothing to do with Hodgson, he probably would have brought in Diomansy Kamara instead of Henderson so consider yourself lucky!

What exactly is your problem? We haven't signed anyone yet (other than Henderson) and you're already condemning KK as buying **** players, firstly actually wait to see who we sign, secondly wait for them to play!

Oh and by the way I actually rate Henderson so yeah I'm happy with that signing, and I'm happy with Carroll too. I agree we need to be aiming as high as possible with our signings, but competing with United for Jones or Young is a little out of our reach right now, fans need to be patient, and I can wait as long as possible, KK deserves our patience..

Do you have a problem with Suarez as well? Liverpool just have no ambition right!?

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with Hodgson, he probably would have brought in Diomansy Kamara instead of Henderson so consider yourself lucky!

What exactly is your problem? We haven't signed anyone yet (other than Henderson) and you're already condemning KK as buying **** players, firstly actually wait to see how we sign, secondly wait for them to play!

Oh and by the way I actually rate Henderson so yeah I'm happy with that signing, and I'm happy with Carroll too. I agree we need to be aiming as high as possible with our signings, but competing with United for Jones or Young is a little out of our reach right now, fans need to be patient, and I can wait as long as possible, KK deserves our patience..

Do you have a problem with Suarez as well? Liverpool just have no ambition right!?

Not to mention the fact that Mata being quoted as as happy to move =/= he will move. The fact that there seems to have been little movement shows it just not that clear cut, perhaps he is waiting to see what other options appear

Tell me when the King's ever failed us.

Whats wrong with Paul not having too much faith in Liverpools transfer team or Kenny?

I mean...Liverpool just bought the most overrated midfielder in the prem for 16m. I would be gutted if i was a Liverpool fan.

I think the person to blame is Comolli and not Kenny. Comolli is playing his real life football manager with only british players registered.

He's a young prospect so I'm not gutted, I'll give him time to please me because I know he has the talent and the work rate to make it in the side.

giving him a chance to actually learn something instead of looking a little silly each time. Can always remove him if he continues

You got amazing patience.. ;)

He keeps on posting that in every thread..

Last edited:
Whats wrong with Paul not having too much faith in Liverpools transfer team or Kenny?

I mean...Liverpool just bought the most overrated midfielder in the prem for 16m. I would be gutted if i was a Liverpool fan.

I think the person to blame is Comolli and not Kenny. Comolli is playing his real life football manager with only british players registered.

You signed Milner for 26m. Lol.

Back