The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
We're going to think the Greek is playing upfront if Carroll keeps that thing on his chin!

After the first day of pre-season for the 11/12 squad, we have officially come to the conclusion that Kygriakos and Carroll are twins. #LFC

How's the mood in the Liverpool fan camp? Not signed anyone yet, "lost out" on Young, Jones, Wickham and Clichy and don't appear to be looking particularly strong for the new season. Genuinely not trying to troll, just wondering because Arsenal fans are depressing as **** when we've had 3 days of the proper transfer window and haven't signed anyone. Are Liverpool fans the same? Or are you all quietly optimistic?

How's the mood in the Liverpool fan camp? Not signed anyone yet, "lost out" on Young, Jones, Wickham and Clichy and don't appear to be looking particularly strong for the new season. Genuinely not trying to troll, just wondering because Arsenal fans are depressing as **** when we've had 3 days of the proper transfer window and haven't signed anyone. Are Liverpool fans the same? Or are you all quietly optimistic?

I think you're forgetting a certain Mr. Henderson.

Adam and Downing are all but signed on as well.

Other than Henderson.
There's some panic, but pretty stupid panic, all we need are three/four players, Lb, St, Cb, winger (possibly two).
So I'm thinking
Dann/Lovren
Enrique/Baines
Roux
Downing (Mata?)
With Cole, Jova, Poulsen, Konchesky, N'gog, Degen, El Zhar leaving.

Don't say that! :( I don't want Adam, I want Meireles and Aquilani! Oh and I want Gerrard to be a CM again!

Indeed - forgot Henderson.

But - Weren't Wickham, Jones, Marveaux and Young "all but signed"? Certainly the first two were - The "ITKs" actually seem to know very little, or at least they aim to garner some hits on their blogs by making up a lot of things and/or claiming deals are done when players are simply targets, or discussions are at an early stage, etc.

Other than Henderson.
There's some panic, but pretty stupid panic, all we need are three/four players, Lb, St, Cb, winger (possibly two).
So I'm thinking
Dann/Lovren
Enrique/Baines
Roux
Downing (Mata?)
With Cole, Jova, Poulsen, Konchesky, N'gog, Degen, El Zhar leaving.

Lots of competition for Dann - doubt you'll get him if Arsenal and Chelsea step up their interest (although I can't see Arsenal doing that). Surely Everton won't sell to Liverpool; certainly not unless they really have to which I don't think they do. What does Liverpool offer Baines that he can't get at Everton? Higher wages perhaps, no European football, and again - Arsenal are interested. Maybe you'll get Baines (somehow), and we'll get Enrique (who wants CL football according to Pardew).

Hm - again, you face stiff competition for Roux; Marseille, PSG, Lille (French champions), Socheaux and Schalke are all keen and for the most part, offer more than Liverpool can.

Not trying to argue, just somewhat surprised there appears to be very little concern amongst Liverpool fans while Arsenal fans are tearing their hair out! (Not just over out-going players)

Indeed - forgot Henderson.

But - Weren't Wickham, Jones, Marveaux and Young "all but signed"? Certainly the first two were - The "ITKs" actually seem to know very little, or at least they aim to garner some hits on their blogs by making up a lot of things and/or claiming deals are done when players are simply targets, or discussions are at an early stage, etc.

Just because an ITK say's something doesn't make it the truth, Liverpool fans on this site are kind of split, some treat ITK's like Gods and believe their every word. Others (like myself) think they just chat **** for no reason.

And we may have missed out on the likes of Young and Jones who are top quality players but I don't really care about the other two. At the end of the day I'm happy with the way Liverpool are operating, at least we have targets, I haven't heard much about who Arsenal are chasing, just whispers about the likes of Scott Dann. Just using Arsenal as an example ;)

Any Liverpool fan explain this line that Italian media has got ahold of?

According to the club's official website, Liverpool officials are planning to sign Tottenham Hotspur winger Aaron Lennon (24) in exchange for cash plus midfielder Alberto Aquilani (26).

I haven't checked but I highly doubt that sort of info is on the clubs website is it?

I was thinking maybe a mix up on a Liverpool forum or something and it got reported wrong but I am stumped as to where that came from...

Any Liverpool fan explain this line that Italian media has got ahold of?

I haven't checked but I highly doubt that sort of info is on the clubs website is it?

I was thinking maybe a mix up on a Liverpool forum or something and it got reported wrong but I am stumped as to where that came from...

The Liverpool website has a sort of transfer gossip section, in the same sort of way that BBC Sport do, obviously it wasn't an official statement from the club.

EDIT: In fact I've found the exact article, originally from a website known as 'fanatix.com' I've personally never heard of it - http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/medi...-20m-player-plus-cash-deal-for-tottenham-star << That deal sucks balls too, no way in **** we would pay that sort of money and give away one of our biggest assets just for Lennon!

Either way, Aquilani made more assists in half a season with Liverpool than Lennon all of last season.

*Shakes Head*

Can't believe they reported that as official news oO)

I love Aquaman would love to see him stay in the Premiership next season hes a fantastic midfield player, alot of people forget he spent his 1st season practically crocked or Rafa refused to play him. Hopefully Dalglish keeps him, he will be a fantastic midfielder for Liverpool...

*Shakes Head*

Can't believe they reported that as official news oO)

I love Aquaman would love to see him stay in the Premiership next season hes a fantastic midfield player, alot of people forget he spent his 1st season practically crocked or Rafa refused to play him. Hopefully Dalglish keeps him, he will be a fantastic midfielder for Liverpool...

Indeed we need to hang on to our better players as there have been, to date, no improvements to the squad arriving except Henderson, who may or may not turn out to be better than those CMs we have here already.

Henderson did play half the season at Sunderland wide right which seems mad given his physique but I can see Kenny playing him RM for some reason...

Back