• Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
So then. Top 5 Chance Creators Last year

Malouda (117)
K Davies (91)
Brunt (86)
Downing (85).
Henderson (82).

So Henderson was 5th and Downing was 4th and people are doubting kenny?

Seems like people are forgetting about Gerrard when talking about the central midfield here.

I see Liverpool lining up something like this next season (possible signings not included, just current squad) -

Reina
Kelly - Carragher - Agger - Johnson
Henderson/Gerrard - Lucas - Meireles - Maxi
Suarez
Carroll​

Doubt Maxi will be a regular.

As things stand;

Reina
Kelly - Carragher - Agger - Johnson
Henderson/Meireles - Lucas - Gerrard
Kuyt - Carroll - Suarez

So then. Top 5 Chance Creators Last year

Malouda (117)
K Davies (91)
Brunt (86)
Downing (85).
Henderson (82).

So Henderson was 5th and Downing was 4th and people are doubting kenny?

Cesc isn't in that? Nvm, forgot he was injured..

Last edited:
Heard Commolli was watching a lot of Antoine Griezmann towards the end of the season. And looking at his stats in La Liga at just 19, he looks like he'd be a fine signing.

I have to agree with the majority of what *Jones* has said. I'd be disappointed to see the amounts being spent on relatively unproven, english players if I were a Liverpool fan, especially if it means losing out on proven (although again not in the PL) players like Mata. It does seem strange that you are trying to invest in young, home grown players, yet allowed Wickham to slip through the net.

It's difficult to pass judgement until the end of the transfer window, a lot can happen between now and then, but there are certainly better players than Downing seemingly available for less.

I have to agree with the majority of what *Jones* has said. I'd be disappointed to see the amounts being spent on relatively unproven, english players if I were a Liverpool fan, especially if it means losing out on proven (although again not in the PL) players like Mata. It does seem strange that you are trying to invest in young, home grown players, yet allowed Wickham to slip through the net.

It's difficult to pass judgement until the end of the transfer window, a lot can happen between now and then, but there are certainly better players than Downing seemingly available for less.

Not really, Liverpool simply dont have the pull, and there are not many players who had Downings season and are available for less than 15m, lets remember that Villa dont want to, or need to, sell. If anyone goes after Mata, Liverpool are likely to lose out.

Not really, Liverpool simply dont have the pull, and there are not many players who had Downings season and are available for less than 15m, lets remember that Villa dont want to, or need to, sell. If anyone goes after Mata, Liverpool are likely to lose out.

Regretfully have to concur.

Liverpool's failure to sell high earners resulted in missing out on Connor Wickham - report - Goal.com
The main problem for Liverpool this summer seems to be players we already have.

Cole, Aquilani, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Rodriguez, Degen and Konchesky are all high earners that we don't need. Rumours say that we are trying to sell nearly 13 players, and reduce the player wages in the club by £30mill.

I don't think we will buy any players(okay, maybe Adam) before we get rid off some of them. Then we will replace them with players like Clichy/Enrique, Downing, Dann, Mata.

Am I the only one who doesn't actually care that we didn't buy Wickham? I mean he's been decent for Ipswich and considering he started playing professional football at 17, but he's not really going to add much to the current squad and would have probably ended up going back on loan to Ipswich and everyone would have complained about him being a waste of 12m.

It seems to be that Liverpool get slated for buying/ not buying any player, if we bought him it would have been a waste and because we didn't we missed out on a great bargain, we just can't win..

Am I the only one who doesn't actually care that we didn't buy Wickham? I mean he's been decent for Ipswich and considering he started playing professional football at 17, but he's not really going to add much to the current squad and would have probably ended up going back on loan to Ipswich and everyone would have complained about him being a waste of 12m.

It seems to be that Liverpool get slated for buying/ not buying any player, if we bought him it would have been a waste and because we didn't we missed out on a great bargain, we just can't win..
i agree with you mate he has scored 15 goals in 37 starts and has made a further 35 substitute appearances to me he doesnt seem like a wonderkid to me look what rooney was like at that age

***** Remembering Joe Fagan ***** Joe Fagan passed away 10 years ago today from Cancer

A great and very humble person who won every honour in the game as player,coach & manager he is a true Legend.

It was almost inevitable that the successor to Bob Paisley's reign as Reds boss would come from within the confines of the club's famous Bootroom.

It was an evolution that had served Liverpool so well when Shanks handed over the reins to Paisley and it would continue to do so under the leadership of Joe Fagan.

A quiet and effective worker behind the scenes, Joe's succession to the Anfield throne was the logical step after he had risen through the ranks under Paisley after Shankly resigned back in 1974.

While many observers felt it was an easy job to oversee the running of a well-oiled winning machine like Liverpool FC, Fagan was faced with some serious decisions on taking charge, and needed all his experience to ensure his installation as boss did not upset the apple cart.

To put it simply, events had transpired that meant he could not take on Paisley's side and expect it to keep winning trophies.

The Reds had lost the inspirational Graeme Souness to Sampdoria and with other first-team regulars beginning to wane it was clear that astute transfer moves were needed.

Fortunately for Liverpool, Fagan was up to the task.

Kevin MacDonald and Jim Beglin, who both did their respective jobs with distinction, were brought in as well the then unfamiliar face of Danish player Jan Molby.

Molby went on to become a Kop hero. A cultured player of rare quality, it was testament to Fagan's years of accumulated experience that he could see the enormous potential in the midfielder.

Following Paisley and the impressive range of trophies secured under his tenure was never going to be an easy task. But it was a challenge Fagan more than rose to, leading the Reds to the League, European Cup and League Cup treble.

Furthermore they were finalists in the World Club Championship.

Under Fagan the Reds played with a cool, calculating efficiency, with every part functioning in balance and harmony.

Few would doubt that if history had not intervened, he could well have gone on to win another major honour in his final season.

After securing a place in a fifth European Cup final, and with a side tipped by all but the Juventus fans to win, he had every reason to be optimistic.

But after the appalling crowd violence and the meaningless deaths of Italian supporters in the crumbling and inadequate Heysel Stadium in Brussels, his retirement was overshadowed by tragedy.

It was a sad end for a quiet and unassuming man.

In his later years he would often show up at Melwood and offer advice to a fellow bootroom graduate, Roy Evans, who always had time to listen to the words of wisdom Fagan had to offer.

He sadly passed away in 2001 at the age of 80.

Joe will forever be remembered as a fine Reds manager and a true Bootroom great.

Joe Fagan a Liverpool legend. YNWA

Ever had the feeling that God is not an LFC fan ?

Of course Fowler is :p

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Liverpool FC confirmed today that Assistant Manager Sammy Lee has left the Club by mutual consent.

Team Manager Kenny Dalglish said: "We'd like to place on record our thanks for all of Sammy's hard work over the years and the contribution he has made to Liverpool. He has always been a credit to the Football Club and a credit to himself. Everyone at Liverpool FC wishes him all the best in his future career."

Sammy Lee said: "I returned to the Club in 2008 and I'm proud of the contribution I've been able to make since then. I want to wish Kenny, the players and the supporters all the best going forward."

The Club will continue to analyse the requirements of their backroom team and will make further announcements in due course.

I agree with you, I just never got around to writing it. Wickham has never had experience in the Prem, whereas Carroll and Henderson have, which will adds to their value. So for me, £12 Mil for Wickham is more of a risk that £18 Mil for Henderson.

Its probably because of the takeover too that the media is paying particular attention to our transfers, because they are probably hoping for another H&G.

Sterling's scored again for England U-17's. My God he could be some player if he carries on like this.

Nope it's Gulacsi on loan I do believe.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Kenny Dalglish is now a doctor! Kenny Dalglish today received an honorary degree from the University of Ulster for his services to football and charitable activity - making the King a doctor.

The Liverpool boss collected his doctorate at a ceremony at Waterfront Hall in Belfast to become a Doctor of Science (DSc).

Away from the field, Dalglish has worked assiduously with wife Marina to raise money for local cancer charities.

Via the Marina Dalglish Appeal, the pair helped to open chemotherapy and radiotherapy centres on Merseyside.

its worst than the man u cant see me grey kit. the only reson liverpool has blue is because of addias were are liverpool not everton we dont have the same colors as everton.

its worst than the man u cant see me grey kit. the only reson liverpool has blue is because of addias were are liverpool not everton we dont have the same colors as everton.

Stop crying it's a little sky blue.

The blue comes from the kit Liverpool used to play in and it's the Standard Chartered corporate colours and arguable part of Adidas' too.
Adidas are in their last year of contract with Liverpool anyway, it's the third kit which is hardly used and they'll change next season anyway.

P.S. Try and alteast spell correctly.

Back