The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The blue comes from the kit Liverpool used to play in and it's the Standard Chartered corporate colours and arguable part of Adidas' too.
Adidas are in their last year of contract with Liverpool anyway, it's the third kit which is hardly used and they'll change next season anyway.

We've had kits with far more blue on them than this one in the past and without the whining about it. If it were a Marseille kit, I think it would look boss. For us, it's **** mind, but the blue isn't particularly important to me.

-----

RtW - Robinson would be a good shout but maybe he'd be better off in Milton Keynes as a number one for a bit longer. Good little piece on him a few days ago before Holt started name checking him for a job on Liverpool's coaching staff again: BBC Sport - The challenges facing a young manager in English football

We've had kits with far more blue on them than this one in the past and without the whining about it. If it were a Marseille kit, I think it would look boss. For us, it's **** mind, but the blue isn't particularly important to me.

-----

RtW - Robinson would be a good shout but maybe he'd be better off in Milton Keynes as a number one for a bit longer. Good little piece on him a few days ago before Holt started name checking him for a job on Liverpool's coaching staff again: BBC Sport - The challenges facing a young manager in English football
I don't really care that much about the colour, to be honest, and it isn't that blue/Everton-like anyway. It's about what we do when we wear it, if we will win.

People care too much about the small things and too little about the big things, we shouldn't be moaning and boycotting the kit but actually worrying about our squad for next season.

Is Robinson that good? I haven't seen MK Dons play and I'm not even sure what division they are in, but I think I would prefer one of Dalglish's trusted friends as assistant, as they will work better. Maybe a former club legend/teammate of Dalglish?

I don't really care that much about the colour, to be honest, and it isn't that blue/Everton-like anyway. It's about what we do when we wear it, if we will win.

People care too much about the small things and too little about the big things, we shouldn't be moaning and boycotting the kit but actually worrying about our squad for next season.

Is Robinson that good? I haven't seen MK Dons play and I'm not even sure what division they are in, but I think I would prefer one of Dalglish's trusted friends as assistant, as they will work better. Maybe a former club legend/teammate of Dalglish?

Robinson used to be at the club, he's been coaching for 12 years, so he knows the club very well already.

Robinson used to be at the club, he's been coaching for 12 years, so he knows the club very well already.
Great! I like managers who are passionate about the club they manage like Dalglish and look at the long term. He obviously loves the club and risked playing youngsters (to help the club develop long term) which could of backfired and make him lose him job (although Liverpool fans would protest furiously if that happened).

Hey, don't know if this has been discussed at all yet, but seeing as how Henderson has been bought to basically cover for when Gerrard gets crocked for half a season again... Where does that leave Shelvey developing? Happy that there are more competition for places but I can see Shelvey losing out a bit on this one.

Also getting a bit fed up of having to pay a 10 million pound premium for players just because they're English.

Hey, don't know if this has been discussed at all yet, but seeing as how Henderson has been bought to basically cover for when Gerrard gets crocked for half a season again... Where does that leave Shelvey developing? Happy that there are more competition for places but I can see Shelvey losing out a bit on this one.

Also getting a bit fed up of having to pay a 10 million pound premium for players just because they're English.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jonjo was loaned out to give him first team experience - to a Premiership team for preference.

I believe Comolli & FSG are of the same mind re over inflated prices for home-growns - hence the lack of transfer activity in June. They must have been waiting for the foreign transfer window to open....I hope.

As broken on Rawk the other day, Keen to join as first team coach, so Clarke'll be assistant.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Lucas anchoring the midfield like a hero for Brazil <3

Pre-season training started today, lots of pictures on the site.
Carroll's got a swanky beard, Aquilani was there, Agger, Kelly, all fit.

14ky4vo.jpg

6iguaf.jpg

2vjq07s.jpg

2d267mf.jpg

Back