The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Aquilani :wub:

Alberto looks really happy :wub:

P.S Tommo and Rush... :O

So with Meireles staying, I still hope Aquilani stays, Poulsen out, Henderson right wing..., Shelvey on a loan, we're still over-packed in the middle...

Rumours are Kenny wants to play a 3-5-2, Henderson does work hard if you put him wide right and an attacking left winger in Downing who gets up and down...

Then personally the middle of the park I would have Aquaman, Gerrard, Lucas with Adam rotating...

But then you think ''where will Kuyt fit in?''

Interesting to see how Kenny lines up in the Asian tour anyway.

So with Meireles staying, I still hope Aquilani stays, Poulsen out, Henderson right wing..., Shelvey on a loan, we're still over-packed in the middle...

Don't think Starting Eleven, think Squad.

A successful team needs a quality first team squad to take into account injuries & tiredness as well as differing tactics. The trick is keeping everyone happy & keeping the wage bill down. We're strong in the middle now but worryingly still weak defensively & offensively on the left flank & a new CB is still required.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Rumours are Kenny wants to play a 3-5-2, Henderson does work hard if you put him wide right and an attacking left winger in Downing who gets up and down...

Then personally the middle of the park I would have Aquaman, Gerrard, Lucas with Adam rotating...

But then you think ''where will Kuyt fit in?''

Interesting to see how Kenny lines up in the Asian tour anyway.

DK will rotate in the forward line - I can't see Andy Carroll playing every game somehow. I wouldn't risk Henderson on the right against strong teams either; Dirk does a great job against opposing wingers & FB's by closing them down, so he'd be my first choice against teams like the gooners for instance.

Perfect CB for Liverpool= Miguel Britos.

Absolute powerhouse of a CB, Napoli just signed him for 10 million euros as well...

Youtube compilation of him:
[video=youtube;nhe7Bn7xHS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhe7Bn7xHS8[/video]

Plus he scored the most bizarre OG in history (in the video), but in all seriousness this guy will get 9+ goals a season from CB due to his power from set pieces.

An option could be signing Alberto Botia if they can stump up 8-12 million, just think LFC need someone who is commandeering and a bit of a powerhouse when it comes to aerially rather than Skrtel (scrapper/tackler) and long term replacement for Carragher.

A successful team needs a quality first team squad to take into account injuries & tiredness as well as differing tactics. The trick is keeping everyone happy & keeping the wage bill down. We're strong in the middle now but worryingly still weak defensively & offensively on the left flank & a new CB is still required.[

LB - Enrique although Baines is first choice imo.
CB - Foreign CB I think.
LW - Downing.

Don't think Starting Eleven, think Squad.

A successful team needs a quality first team squad to take into account injuries & tiredness as well as differing tactics. The trick is keeping everyone happy & keeping the wage bill down. We're strong in the middle now but worryingly still weak defensively & offensively on the left flank & a new CB is still required.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

DK will rotate in the forward line - I can't see Andy Carroll playing every game somehow. I wouldn't risk Henderson on the right against strong teams either; Dirk does a great job against opposing wingers & FB's by closing them down, so he'd be my first choice against teams like the gooners for instance.

Gerrard, Meireles, Aquilani, Henderson, Poulsen, Lucas, Spearing, Adam, Shelvey's a bit much, no?

Doubt ther reliable but here we go again.

Football_Agent9 Football Agent
#LFC. Sources suggest that Villa accept the £18,500,000 bid from Liverpool for Downing. Watch this space!

Fourth_Official Fourth Official
by Tim_LFC8
Downing to Liverpool, we have lift off! #LFC #AVFC

Fourth_Official Fourth Official
by Tim_LFC8
Aston Villa & Liverpool agree a fee over Stuart Downing, more than likely to be 'undisclosed' should develop a lot over the next day #LFC

Gerrard, Meireles, Aquilani, Henderson, Poulsen, Lucas, Spearing, Adam, Shelvey's a bit much, no?

Discount Poulsen straight away because of his chronic crapiness. I think Jonjo will be loaned out to give him regular games. Spearing I'd only play occasionally to give others a break. Stevie is bound to miss a lot of games sad to say as his injury record is dire. This leaves Mereiles, Henderson. Lucas, Adam & Aquilani (if he's still here) who I'd play regularly; If we play a formation with three CMs with a new LW (Downing I suppose), this will give give all of them plenty of game time. It depends on the tactic that KK will mostly adopt but my read is that he may well go with three CMs as regular starters.

An ideal position would be for us to have two players for every position, but right now I'd be happy with just one good LW & one good LB !

Last edited:
The goalscorer that is...

....Christian Poulsen!

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

2-0! The holding midfielder who is....

...David N'gog!

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

The goalscorer that is...

....Christian Poulsen!

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

2-0! The holding midfielder who is....

...David N'gog!

Unbelievable Jeff !

Loving the way they are set up, really stretching the play and keeping it wide.

Not a fan of Shelvey if I'm honest...

Pachecos playing brilliantly, Poulsen's rolled back the years and the defence looks solid.

Back