The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Great news today that Konchesky is being sold to Leicester. The reds have agreed a deal to sell the player who will now thrash out personal terms :)

Apparently:

Downing medical at 'Pool tomorrow...

Right, so we offer £15M, get told Villa want £20M. What do we do, offer them the £20M - negotiate you ******* wankers.

Good signing, but never worth that price.

Right, so we offer £15M, get told Villa want £20M. What do we do, offer them the £20M - negotiate you ******* wankers.

Good signing, but never worth that price.

I doubt it's £20m tbh mate. Probably a couple of mill less. Money says it comes out eventually as an undisclosed fee.

I just need to chip in what I am saying on twitter, Downing has done it in an England shirt and is one of the best left footed left wingers in the Premier League AND I would argue one of the best pure wingers in the world (Crossing especially...Crossing+Carroll=Perfect?).

And Downing dragged a team to a European final getting 3 assists in the second leg to get them there AND has an amazing assist record in an England shirt.

I would argue Downing was about par and Henderson was overpriced to be honest...

From knowing him from MFC: Top bloke, top player, very grounded and his community/charitable work is probably the best in the country, you have a real quality left winger make no mistake about it.

But I was told that no one knows about Liverpool signings and nothing is coming out from the club.. Well this was very well known target all over the world and was discussed for many weeks.

Good signing though. I can see him racking many assits with Carroll in the side..

But I was told that no one knows about Liverpool signings and nothing is coming out from the club.. Well this was very well known target all over the world and was discussed for many weeks.

There's at least two parties involved in a transfer.

There's at least two parties involved in a transfer.

In every transfer two parties are involved. I know where you are coming from, I'm just asking coz I read so many posts praising how confidential transfer targets are and all. So unless the selling club keeps it confidential, every transfer is public. (This is what I meant with my first post)

In every transfer two parties are involved. I know where you are coming from, I'm just asking coz I read so many posts praising how confidential transfer targets are and all. So unless the selling club keeps it confidential, every transfer is public. (This is what I meant with my first post)

FSG have been known in the past to cancel transfers and not deal with those agents/teams again when details have been leaked to the press. Sadly we're not in much of a situation at the moment where we can do that and need all the players we can get.

Back