The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Fantastic stuff from that friendly, glad to hear Aquilani had a good game. Also nice to see Adam on the score sheet, hope this season we can see a bit more from N'Gog as personally I feel he has a lot more to offer.

Just seen the highlights, Aqua had a stormer. I know the opposition wasnt great but there was a lot of positives from that performance :D

Liverpool Agree Aly Cissokho Fee « Liverpool FC News

Liverpool have agreed a fee with Lyon for the transfer of Aly Cissokho, it is understood. Having missed out on Gael Clichy to Man City earlier this summer, the Reds turned their attentions to his compatriot and are close to sealing a deal worth around £9m.

Usually a good source, but not the official site.

Please no i just don't rate him, I would much prefer Insua/Robinson

And lol at Ngog's goal. XD

A modern full back needs pace which Insua doesn't have sadly. Robinson has had a great intro to his first team career but he's still learning his craft. Cissokho has pace to burn & has had several seasons experience of first team football in a top league but is still young enough to improve the defensive side of his game, especially under our present coaching setup. Enrique isn't that keen on LFC or he probably would be here by now; apparently he's a CL or nothing type of player. Wouldn't it be ironic if he ended up staying at Newcastle ?

Anyhoo, can you think of any other decent LBs who are available to us atm ?

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Just seen the highlights, Aqua had a stormer. I know the opposition wasnt great but there was a lot of positives from that performance :D

Yep.

We can't really afford to let a player of his quality leave - well not for less than £20m anyway. A solid injury-free season in Italy seems to have done him the world of good; he keeps & distributes the ball well - just the type of player required to play pass & move. I just hope the homesickness blues stay away from him.

Last edited:
A modern full back needs pace which Insua doesn't have sadly. Robinson has had a great intro to his first team career but he's still learning his craft. Cissokho has pace to burn & has had several seasons experience of first team football in a top league but is still young enough to improve the defensive side of his game, especially under our present coaching setup. Enrique isn't that keen on LFC or he probably would be here by now; apparently he's a CL or nothing type of player. Wouldn't it be ironic if he ended up staying at Newcastle ?

Anyhoo, can you think of any other decent LBs who are available to us atm ?

Well my first choice would be baines but i doubt everton would sell.
I cant think of any other decent lb who would be willing to come, But Cissokho he's to much like Johnson for me,
Great pace can attack but positioning not great and prone to errors which could really cost us.
Like you said doe he's young and can improve under lfc, So all in all might not be to bad a buy. :D

What do we all think, how will our midfield shape up for the first game, as Aquilani is having an amazing pre-season so far and I certainly have been impressed by him, the first Maxi goal was quality. Personally I think Adam will fit in there straight away as he also is not having a bad pre-season. So where will Downing, Henderson, Lucas, Meireles, Gerrard, Adam, Aquilani, Spearing, Shelvey, Kuyt, Maxi, and many more all fit in?

So how do we think we will line up in midfield against Sunderland?

What do we all think, how will our midfield shape up for the first game, as Aquilani is having an amazing pre-season so far and I certainly have been impressed by him, the first Maxi goal was quality. Personally I think Adam will fit in there straight away as he also is not having a bad pre-season. So where will Downing, Henderson, Lucas, Meireles, Gerrard, Adam, Aquilani, Spearing, Shelvey, Kuyt, Maxi, and many more all fit in?

So how do we think we will line up in midfield against Sunderland?

+ Cattermole

according to Daily Mail :Liverpool set for £10m Lee Cattermole move | Mail Online

Fanatix.com saying liverpool preparing sensational 45mp double raid on #RM to land marcelo and higuain. #LFC

More bullshit? o.O

Fantastic goal, best of the game...

[video=youtube;-iV-pGUkw2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iV-pGUkw2M[/video]

I take it you've all seen John Henry's twitter post regarding Acquilani as well...

"One missing link last year: Acquilani. Put the ball near Ngog and the goal and it's going in. Too much talk of them somewhere else."

That ball from Aquilani through to the left back [Insua is it?] is superb. Just the quick change of pace and it results in a goal, I hope we come hold of Aqua, I really like him, great player. Seems like John Henry agrees as well, and also appears to be a fan of N'gog

That ball from Aquilani through to the left back [Insua is it?] is superb. Just the quick change of pace and it results in a goal, I hope we come hold of Aqua, I really like him, great player. Seems like John Henry agrees as well, and also appears to be a fan of N'gog

Indeed it's Insúa.

Don't know why anyone would be a fan of N'Gog, though.

Back