The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Indeed it's Insúa.

Don't know why anyone would be a fan of N'Gog, though.

I'm no great fan of his but to give him his due he was scoring regularly last season (even under fool Hodgson) until he was replaced when the traitor 'recovered' from injury & lost out when Suarez & Carroll arrived. The rest of his game may be decidedly average but when he does get chances he puts a fair few away. He'll be a decent backup when others aren't available - if he stays like Mr. Henry has hinted at.

i come in peace as a city fan. I think Liverpool can do really well this year, you have some good players such as suarez, merieles, gerrard, agger etc and with dalglish in charge you can get into the top 4 with ease. God knows how he has been out of management so long, hes an amazing manager. Good luck ahead of the new season, should be the best title challenge in years.

i come in peace as a city fan. I think Liverpool can do really well this year, you have some good players such as suarez, merieles, gerrard, agger etc and with dalglish in charge you can get into the top 4 with ease. God knows how he has been out of management so long, hes an amazing manager. Good luck ahead of the new season, should be the best title challenge in years.

Cheers for the sentiments.

Kenny was out of management for so long due largely to emotional burnout for obvious reasons both personal & professional imho. I guess what brought him back into management was his love for the club & that he had rediscovered his hunger for the game. He would have become manager last summer if he'd had his wish but D & D blocked him, much to the club's cost last season. I myself had some doubts as to his ability to repeat his past glories with us but they were vanquished when he took over. He totally rejuvinated team spirit & restored a sense of belief to all connected with the club inside & out. I think I speak for all LFC fans when I say that we believe that we are in absolutely the right hands to kick on now.

The club has it's soul back.

Last edited:
He got blocked by Dungeons & Dragons, didn't realise he was into those kind of things.

He got blocked by Dungeons & Dragons, didn't realise he was into those kind of things.

Very funny. I haven't laughed so loud in seconds. Not a Red I take it ?

The latest rumour links us with Cattermole - another CM ! Lol.

Last edited:
Very funny. I haven't laughed so loud in seconds. Not a Red I take it ?

The latest rumour links us with Cattermole - another CM ! Lol.
Didn't realise a little sarcastic humour was such a bad thing around here.
Not sure how that relates to me not being a red at all either.

Didn't realise a little sarcastic humour was such a bad thing around here.
Not sure how that relates to me not being a red at all either.

The club could have went into administration because of them, it's not likely many Liverpool fans would want to joke about those 2 idiots.

So Joe Cole's set to stay,

Liverpool assistant manager Steve Clarke has assured Joe Cole he still has a future at Anfield.

Cole endured a disappointing debut season at Anfield after moving north on a free transfer from Chelsea.
The England international started just nine league matches in total and there had been question marks over whether the 29-year-old would be kept on for the new season.

Clarke, who worked with Cole during his time at Chelsea, has been impressed at how the midfielder has performed in pre-season and believes he still has a lot to offer

"Joe Cole is a top international player and he has a big contribution to make to the future. He is the same Joe Cole I coached at Chelsea, just a couple of years older and a little bit wiser. "
Steve Clarke on Joe Cole
Quotes of the week
"At the end of last season he was not getting in the team because the team was playing well," said Clarke.

"But he has gone away, trained hard and had a good summer.

"Joe Cole is a top international player and he has a big contribution to make to the future. He is the same Joe Cole I coached at Chelsea, just a couple of years older and a little bit wiser.

"He knows the position he is in. It has been difficult for him because he has not been involved but when he gets the chance it is up to him to take it."

Positive

Clarke also hailed Cole's strength of the character after a tough 12 months on Merseyside.

"The better players are always positive," said Clarke.

"They see the bigger picture and understand what is going on. They understand they have to reach certain levels and when they do that they will get in the team."

Very surprised to be honest, with his wage, age, I thought he'd be sure to leave. But he's looked better in pre-season, so I'll hope he's better.

The club could have went into administration because of them, it's not likely many Liverpool fans would want to joke about those 2 idiots.
I understand that but the club didn't so it's all good.
Sorry for my ability to take the past with a pinch of salt.

Fiorentina winger Valon Behrami hopes Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani will join him at the Serie A club.

Doing an Fabregas on us >.<

Fiorentina winger Valon Behrami hopes Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani will join him at the Serie A club.

Doing an Fabregas on us >.<
I don't think it's nearly as bad than the fabregas saga. It's not like he is saying Aquilani wants to go(Although he probably does).

some good news the sun has been hacked

jft96 22 years late but justice is comming!

AnonActionUK Anonymous
I hope the families of the 96 unfortunate souls who lost their lives in '89 are enjoying this.
3 minutes ago

Last edited:
Back