The Liverpool Thread

Apparently Mayor Joe got in touch with Peter Moore directly... Good work by the people of Liverpool. FSG will need to own this

Apparently Mayor Joe got in touch with Peter Moore directly... Good work by the people of Liverpool. FSG will need to own this
Only after it was a PR disaster this has really soured my view on the owners. Can't be out here going "this means more" or whatever cringy slogan they come up with and pulling the stunt they just did.

My heart sank when I heard the King tested for covid-19, hopefully he is asymptomatic and is fine. Only man bigger than the club for me will always be the greatest.

IMG_1909.JPG

The hardest, worst day of the year. EVERY year.

Made even harder this year as we face today alone. Left to do our own, personal act of remembrance. Apart from the company of the same, great friends I share this saddest of days for all of us with every other 15th as we battle the heart-wrenching devastation that’s irrevocably changing the World as we know it.

A frustrating but wholly necessary by-product of the lockdown.

God rest our lost friends in the Heavens above. And God watch over the rest of us lucky enough to still be here.

YNWA. JFT96.

Our sport channel is showing important old games for now and just watched cl final Pool vs Milan. **** it was crazy game from start to finish. So many emotions and purr passion.

As we commemorate the Ev's last trophy win 25 years ago today (thats TWENTY-FIVE years ago! A QUARTER of a Century!!!!! BIG club that they are .....) .....

A reminder of the last 25 years over the park-

0d6f7ef4-193d-4006-a884-651902258239.jpg

And they say L'pool have been through a drought period .....

A special day for our mates. Generations of Blues weren't even alive to remember the last time it happened!

7570409f-bf88-4818-800e-31b7b3b6bdce.jpg

Aight time for some football discussion this ones for you Scouse. Now I might be biased but for me the way Klopp has as playing makes us the most balanced and effective side in the world for me. I cringe every time I hear that we are just a gegenpressing side that just wins the ball and thats it. Forgetting that 90% of sides that play us will not bother leaving the half way line and will try to hit us on the counter or try and score from waiting for a mistake from us.

Theres the Firmino dropping in to either drag the CB with him or occupy the opp DM, this obv allows Mane and Salah to score plenty. Even then it isnt a simple Firmino drops and theres space available as most teams try counter that by playing even deeper. What makes the front three even better is the speed at which they combine and link up and this is were Firmino is key he is literally the forward system as Mane and Salah play the intricate one two passing to get in behind through him.

Theres the width that comes from the fullbacks but its the different way they both play. Robertson is all about the overlap and joining the attack as soon as mane gets on the ball creating an overload. However the way we play Trent is genius as he can do both for me and by that I mean provide overlap and pinpoint crosses but also tuck in and create from deep thus allowing whichever midfielder is tasked with playing between the line and joining the attack to get forward e.g Wiji or Naby and even Hendo lately. One thing I have noticed this season is how direct we are even when in possession this is probably a result from having Van Dijk and Ali who are comfortable with playing quick diagonals bypassing the opp midfield to either Winger or Fullback. Were even direct in how we shuttle the ball across to break down low blocks when going out wide and quick none of this slow possession waiting for a moment bs lol.

Personally for me our side is Klopps refinement and version of Cryuff total football except you could say our fullbacks are more attacking. Klopp said it best there is no better playmaker than the counter press which is in line with Cryuff ideology that its what you do off the ball that matters most. This clamouring for a creative midfielder is stupid when the midfield is already creative but in its own way.

TLDR: a refinement of Cruyff total football mixed with a a direct style of play.

Feel free to add anything if I missed or you see anything different scouse.

..... TLDR: a refinement of Cruyff total football mixed with a a direct style of play.

I always read you mate and I have little to add that's neither been said there by you so eloquently or elsewhere on these here pages in the recent past.

This is, without doubt, the most controlling, tactically astute, consistent L'pool side in my life-time. I'd possibly have Kenny's great '87/'88 side slightly ahead in the excitement stakes, but on every other facet you care to mention we've, and the English league period come to that, have rarely seen anything like the absurdly consistant level that these lads are now at.

Kind of hope Pep stays and City strengthen. We need the competition that only they can offer any time soon. That can only be beneficial to both clubs.

As a related side note, as much as I have zero interest in BCD personally, I think it's absolutely perfect for City and L'pool more than any other teams. The two best teachers in the Country coaching their sides constantly through games. And two sides that rarely give the ball away in their own, very intricate, different takes on the Dutch ideal that you equated superbly. Lockdown footie should be just an extension of a training session/ match for Pep and Klopp's teams.

I always read you mate and I have little to add that's neither been said there by you so eloquently or elsewhere on these here pages in the recent past.

This is, without doubt, the most controlling, tactically astute, consistent L'pool side in my life-time. I'd possibly have Kenny's great '87/'88 side slightly ahead in the excitement stakes, but on every other facet you care to mention we've, and the English league period come to that, have rarely seen anything like the absurdly consistant level that these lads are now at.

Kind of hope Pep stays and City strengthen. We need the competition that only they can offer any time soon. That can only be beneficial to both clubs.

As a related side note, as much as I have zero interest in BCD personally, I think it's absolutely perfect for City and L'pool more than any other teams. The two best teachers in the Country coaching their sides constantly through games. And two sides that rarely give the ball away in their own, very intricate, different takes on the Dutch ideal that you equated superbly. Lockdown footie should be just an extension of a training session/ match for Pep and Klopp's teams.
BCD? I'm a bit slow this morning lol but yeah Pep also plays his own version of total football as well. It will be great to see how Pep deals with having an actual challenge for once as he often burns out him and his players hence him never lasting more than 3 seasons at one club. The challenge for us is can we maintain the superhuman form or wilk the riguors of two seasons of near perfection take its toll?

So this summer sees some depth leaving from your squad.
Latest rumores are that Lallana, Shaqir, Clyne(what was expected) . Will u be depending on youth or someone else on sight?

Latest rumores are that Lallana, Shaqir, Clyne(what was expected) . Will u be depending on youth or someone else on sight?

I personally foresee most clubs really putting proper emphasis on youth development in the interim as the pandemic completely changes the face fo the transfer market as it has most every aspect of life.

Mercifully for our sakes, their constant combined short and long term planning, on and off the pitch, has the football club, all things being equal, in as strong a position as anyone to navigate through without dropping off to any significant degree on the pitch.

Blossoming youth would have doubtless been a factor regardless with Neco Williams now the defacto back-up to Trent (which I'm sure someone like Adam Lewis would be to AndyRobbo already had he not been hit by injury this year given all the opportunity's that the youth had) / Curtis Jones becoming more involved in midfield etc. And then you have quality lads we've still to see the best of like Keita and Taki who've been added the last couple of years who are now assimilated. Oxo-Chambo should finally be back to full health and strength next season. And so-on.

L'pool thankfully isn't in a position to have to panic now if lads leave aren't replaced by any new acquisitions.

Related, I'm made up to read this AM the soon to be out of contract Lallana is signing an extension to see him through the rest of this season.

Rounds things off perfectly and properly for a great servant to the club and really important building block in laying the foundations for what Jürgen has evolved us into.