The Liverpool Thread

1 year ago today I was having a great time, with great friends, in Madrid on our last European away.

Happy days.

Heck knows when the next time we'll be afforded one will be? 😢

Thats unfortunate .....

1613722048618.png

1613722080667.png

That was 11 years ago?
Desperate for news? :ROFLMAO:

Ta. I was wondering exactly what the time frame was as it obviously wasn't recent given the pandemic or else he'd not only look F stupid and have been binned by his misses, he'd be in the S for breaking the rules.

It's aged well though. Dumb, dirty btard. 🤣 🤣 🤣

*Sings 'All the grime, all the grit.....’

I totally get different games mean different things/ more to folk dependent on where you’re from in the World/ who you come into daily contact with etc. Utd being the predominant shout.

But personally speaking, like most who still live in/ are from the City, this will always be the game you look forward to/ want to win more than ANY other every year. NOTHING beats shutting the bitters up by beating them in their Cup Final (AGAIN!), and sending them back under their rocks until the next one.

The constant fear of them actually winning one, for the first time for an entire generation of blues, just adds to the emotions of this day. We’d NEVER hear the end of it from the L’pool obsessed gobshites! And if they could pull level with us in February in so doing for the first time since like TV was in black and white..... 🤦‍♂️

NOT this year aye Redmen? Let’s ruin their entire existence again and keep the run going.

Straight into Gordon Lees yard dog shower of shite_!

Last edited:
I didnt realise that Mo was still top scorer, and by some margin, considering the poor month or so he has had by his own crazy standards.

I guess when you are a one season wonder who is only good at diving, no one cares how many goals you score 🤷‍♂️

I didnt realise that Mo was still top scorer, and by some margin, considering the poor month or so he has had by his own crazy standards.

I guess when you are a one season wonder who is only good at diving, no one cares how many goals you score 🤷‍♂️

More than he got last season already. In February.

Absolutely mad mate isn't it the pathetic narrative that goes along with him?

One of the biggest mysteries going to me is why Mo is still SO under-appreciated by a large section of Liverpool's fan base?

I mean we know it's blatant, racist xenophobia when it comes to the 'little Englander' British media and the completely different standards they held Mo to as opposed to say the English 'Golden Boy' Harry Kane. They don't even try hide it now. Whether it's the fact he refuses to speak to them down to the way they've treated him going back to his first go-around here at Chelsea I don't know? (And his brilliant move of giving that interview to the Spanish press the other month would have narked them even more.). But there's been a patent agenda against Mo from the very second the fee was questioned for (paraphrasing) 'someone who couldn't hack the English game at Chelsea.' And it's gotten worse and more vile ever since.

But why there's still a sizeable portion of L'pool fans that continue to underappreciate one of our, and the PL's, greatest ever players I truly just don't get it?

Some of the figures man-

159 goal involvements through 186 games. That's BEYOND phenomenal. That's Messi/ Ronaldo levels. (Who, by the way, can't match him this year. As Haaland and every other ''coveted' player in Europe's top 5 leagues can't.). He's created more chances than any other player in the PL during his 4 seasons at Anfield. He leads all Liverpool players in assists. Yet how many times do folk STILL brand him 'greedy?' 🤦🏼‍♂️ He's a mere 17 goals off Ryan Gigg's record for the most goals in PL history from a winger/ wide-man. In 487 fewer games and 16 fewer seasons!

Just google/ tweet search his achievements at Anfield. The records go on and on and on and on .....

The man is an absolute all-time PL great and one of the best players to ever don this storied football club's colours.

I personally think there's a fantastic chance Mbappe is destined to be sharing those colours with him over the coming years but one thing is for certain. The young Frenchman would have to be beyond exceptional to top Mo's phenomenal output.

We are a ridiculously privileged fanbase to have not only an all-time World great playing for our team. But an equally humble, great human being to boot.

You get the feeling many Reds won't fully appreciate just how great he was for their club until he's no longer here. Which is the saddest thing of all.

WOOT! Naby back in the match-day squad as his individual programme steps up a notch! 🕺🕺🕺 Unchanged and the strongest possible side as expected.

City being the only other team remotely on our level excepted, the Derby and Utd are the only games every season I never either predict or expect to win. Purely down to the rivalry and the both of them raising it to extra levels against us. The Ev are the very definition of mid-table mediocrity but it's still their Cup Final and that record is going to have to fall one year. Let's just keep them waiting into an 11th straight season. And 22nd straight at Anfield.

Straight into this shower of bitter ***** Redmen!

You just laugh and shrug at the CH injuries now. With the Captain going off, that's up to 18 different partnerships across all comps. And the 14th different in the league I think?

To say it's Windy Miller out there is an understatement and it's leading to a mad game. Couple of Worldie Pickford saves. Great point blank save from Alisson. And a really tidy goal repeating the sides.

Lot of incident to go in this one.

Keep working and probing Reds.

Not sure it's a pen as DCL trips over trent rather than the other way around but yeah. Cancel the season lol I cba anymore.

No idea how the ref can look at the monitor for 2 seconds from 1 angle and make a decision either