The Liverpool Thread

I'm absolutely goosed so apologies if this is incoherent etc so I'll keep it short.

Get in the mighty Reds! Tell us again City have won this league!!!!!

Today's Admin-

Title Countdown:
26 wins down/ 2 to go. (Adjusted from the 30 season win target to 28.).
86 points down/ 6 to go. (Adjusted from the 95 point season point target to 92.).

City-
P 35 PTS 86 F 89 A 21 GD + 68
Liverpool-
P 36 PTS 86 F 89 A 24 GD + 65

Current Unbeaten League Run-
17 games: W 14 D 3 F 39 A 8 CS: 11

Absolutely GIGANTIC win that. Made even better that it came with half the side rotated, and having to come back from the early Villa goal. Side note- Was that not offside? It certainly looked a clear offside given he was in line with us but you're not privy to where VAR draw the lines.

All credit to Villa for keeping the integrity of the league intact and making us work ridiculously hard for those three points. Completely putting to bed the narrative flying around from the other end of the East Lancs that Gerrard would lay them down. That was a fiercely contested, really compelling game that again these ridiculous reds found a way to win.

L'pool were far from their spectacular best. But that was a real pride night of a 'digging one out' performance in really difficult circumstances.

I thought the overall team performance was brilliant given the schedule and pressure of the game in front of a rocking Villa Park sell out. Big Virg was rock solid at the back. Hendo was superb in leading us home when he had to come on earlier than expected. And Sadio was relentless in his his non-stop running and pressing. Capped by a ridiculous goal from a great pick out by Diaz who had another really good game. A few standouts who madly never get the praise they deserve-

I thought Jones was really good the hour he was on the park considering he's not played in a while. Really neat and tidy on the ball and the most inventive, attacking threat the first half. Never stopped running and showing, taking up some great positions and linking things nicely. Yeah, he had down moments and drifted a bit. But that's to be expected after so long out of the starting XI.

Naby Lad went through a range of a game tonight which was brilliantly mad to watch. Good, bad and mad in equal measure. From the disastrous air shot miss. Through the constant late pressure he was bringing driving at Villa when he was clearly shattered from all the off the ball he'd got through defensively. To being controlled alongside Jordan in not only working the half spaces and keeping things moving, but creating space for himself to open things up. I'm beginning to think, like Gini used to get, that all his off the ball work in filling in for others and boxing off the midfield, is completely missed on the TV screen. Which is a real shame folk aren't appreciating that as he's been super all season in what the manager asks him to do for the team.

And Trent was a good rival to Sadio for MOTM for me. Like Keïta, he ran himself into the ground. Man alive, he was EVERYWHERE across the park. And he never neglected his defensive duties either. The maturity and leadership we get from him is ridiculous in one so young. And it's leadership by example of his own performance and desire as much as vocally.

Job done and another magnificent three points bagged. Pressure well and truly piled back on City. Here's hoping Wolves will be as honest as Villa were tonight and keep the integrity of the PL intact by giving the same effort all 90.

And now we get to have a day out at the biggest game of the season bar none Saturday.

Man is a tough life being a red aye?

Up the quadruple ravonous Redmen! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Who ever this is, it's brilliant work

1652266682957.png

Last edited:
I wonder just how much fasting have impacted Salah's performance since Feb.

I LOVE that the PL were finally thinking of other faiths and stopping matches during Ramadan after sunset to let Muslim players take in fluids and nourishments. LONG past overdue a league that 'claims' to be all inclusive did something as simple as that. (Of course it had a backlash from right wing racist ***** here but those inhuman ***** just are what they are.).

As regards Mo, I hadn't considered if that was playing a part in his dry spell. Maybe it has? I'd just put it down to a frustrating dip in form from his own ridiculously high standards dropping back to mere mortal levels. I mean his overall game has still been very good. He's working as hard as ever and occupying 2 or 3 opposition players every time he's on the ball which is making things harder for him. And over his last 10 games, I think his output is something like 2 goals and 7 assits. So it's not like he's not been contributing. Just his goals output has dropped markedly and he's patently lacking confidence there and over compensentating with extra touches etc.

But because of the threat he is, you can't rest him. And certainly not at this stage of a run-in for everything. He'd just as liable to hit Chelsea for 2 or 3 Saturday as continue in this little goal rut he's in. Frustrating but I get why they are working him through it.

That is an interesting thought on the fast. We'll see if things pick up noticeably now it's over and their bodies getting back to normality.

Doesnt UK have a big Muslim community? Its weird that its starting now with the pause.

It has to take its toll on the body, dont know if any of you have ever been fasting, any kind, it can be tough. Props to Salah and everyone else who are doing it.

Last edited:
It does. All over.
Don't UK have a big Muslim community? Its weird that its starting now with the pause.

It has to take its toll on the body, dont know if any of you have ever been fasting, any kind, it can be tough. Props to Salah and everyone else who are doing it.

It does. Massively. All over the Union.

That's what makes it all the more embarrassingly disgraceful that it's only now football is accommodating them. in 2022.

That's another thing that makes me so proud to come from this City. For all our problems, I don't know many more culturally diverse, and accepting City's as Liverpool is today. Just a totally different vibe and outlook to most other English City's when it comes to tolerant inclusion of all. Which hasn't always been the way madly given the coming and going of Nationality's and faiths through the port that makes up our rich, cultural heritage. But it certainly is today where bigotry and racism isn't tolerated by the majority. As far right groups who've tried to hold anti-Muslim rallies spewing their hate speech have found to their cost when they've been literally chased out of the City.

There's a very active Muslim community in L'pool with Mo, Sadio and Konate regularly attending prayers. I think the UK's first mosque and Islamic centre was established here but don't quote me on that.

Sorry, I'm going off on tangents here but it's something that really grates with me when I look at the average Brits attitude to Muslims in particular here.

I can not begin to tell you how excited I am for tomorrow. Honest to God, I won't be buzzing any more two weeks today when I depart for Amsterdam and then Paris. Or a week on Sunday if we are to win the football league. AGAIN!

Being a Liverpudlian, and no less a fortunate survivor, the FA Cup always holds paramount significance each and every season. I appreciate fans who have grown up in this era, where the Cup's importance has been disgracefully denigrated, not only by clubs, but by the FA themselves, not holding it in much esteem compared to the League/ EC. But as Liverpudlians, after all we've lost in this competition, you should ALWAYS want the club to go out and give everything in the FA Cup. EVERY season. And man have they delivered this year and then some!

The Cup has always been massively important to the City. I remember being a young teenager back in '86 when we were vying neck-and-neck with the Ev for both league and Cup. And after we managed to avoid each other in the semi draw for the first time ever, ALL anyone could talk about wasn't the title race that went to the last game. But the Cup final. Whatever happened, we COULDN'T lose the Cup final to them! Which probably sounds mad to the younger generation now who have been conditioned to believe all that matters is the PL and CL. But the FA Cup was, even in such recent memory, held in the highest esteem. I grew up on story's of '65 and how we FINALLY shut the blues up when we won our first. And just what a momentous day that was. Cup Final day used to literally stop the whole Country. Grannies that had no interest in football would be glued to the TV. Regardless of who was playing. It was an all day event on the telly from early morning getting up with the teams through to after the game.

And then the worst day of any of our lives, that nobody should have to suffer through, happened in 1989. That, without wishing to dwell on the subject, completely changed ones life that lasts to this day. All of which intrinsically tied the club and City, to the competition in an indelible bond.

That was my first Cup final back in 1986. And the pure, unadulterated excitement is the same for what will be my 9th tomorrow as it was that glorious May day 36 years ago when, for the second time in 2 years we showed the rest of the Country, already beginning to become conditioned by the Thatcher government of the time to look down on Liverpool, what Scouse pride meant as we behaved impeccably with the blues and just enjoyed a great Merseyside day out in London.

A couple of favourites in between as I'm in full Cup Final mode-

My all time favourite Wembley final. Sunderland in '92 and arguably our poorest side to ever lift the famous old trophy. Not a great game by any means. But an absolutely TOP day out with another absolutely top notch fan base. Sunderland fans were superb that day and it was a really special occasion to share with them. Topped by a stunning Mickey Thomas goal.

And still my all time favourite Liverpool game, bar none .....

The Owen Cup Final in 2001.

Hottest day in Wales ever. Prohies were literally being ripped up and the pages used as sun shade on yer head. Played at what still is, maybe the San Siro aside, my favourite stadium in Europe which P all over Wembley. (You're in a boss City centre Cardiff as opposed to the middle of nowhere in London. You literally roll out of the boozer into the ground rather than drinking elsewhere (Kilburn for us this weekend) and getting the tube in. And I don't think there's a bad seat in the house.). Absolutely played off the park by Arsenal with Henchoz playing goalie. But we owed them BIG time for '89 and to do them in the cruelest way possible was beyond boss. The single best ending to a game ever with the single best celebration of all time. Just arms and limbs everywhere in absolute scenes. (Leeds in the 4th round of that run was another absolutely ***** performance that we nicked late with mad carnage in r end.). When you look back at the winner past that historical defence it just reminds you how phenomenal Michael Owen was. Real shame how he tarnished himself with many later when he should be an all time L'pool legend!

Which was all part of still the single best week of my football supporting life. Cardiff to win the Cup the Saturday. Dortmund for the best UEFA Cup final of all time the Wednesday. Then Charlton the following Sat'day to clinch third and the CL spot. Literally a week of travel, bevvy, win the Cup final, mad celebratory party bevvy, sleep; travel, bevvy, win another treble, mad celebratory party bevvy, sleep; travel, bevvy, win effectively the third Cup final of the week, mad celebratory party bevvy all the way home amid a rocking train ..... sleep for a week! If I did one shift at work all that week I did well. Utterly draining. But utterly brilliant memories money just can't buy that will last a lifetime. All started by the Owen Cup Final.

So the FA Cup, personally speaking, is a majorly important competition each season I desperately want to win as much as anything else. And here we are again. the night before our 15th FA Cup final appearance after 10 LONG years away. Hopefully set to win that glorious old trophy, the single best straight knock-out cup trophy in World football, for an 8th time.

Roll on Saturday afternoon and the 2nd leg of the quadruple.

Can

Not

WAIT!!!!!

*Sings-

Jürgen said to me yer know
We'll win the FA Cup yer know
He said so!
I'm in love with him and I feel fine .....

Morning,

What a glorious day for the biggest game of the season bar none and the second leg of four.

Let's go win the Cup!

Thank you guys. Very magnanimous.

Hungover but on club nine this Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Yesterday's/ Today's Admin:
Current Unbeaten Run All Comps-
16 games: W 12 D 4 F 33 A 12 CS: 9.

FA Challenge Cup #8 ✅
Which moves us joint third on the all time FA Cup list alongside Chelsea and Tottenham.

First ever English team to win both domestic cups in the same season twice ✅

The 8th time LFC have done had a double winning season. (Which could well be a treble/ quadruple winning season in less than two weeks time.). ✅
That's twice more than the next team on the list Chelsea.

Liverpool have now hit the magical 50, that's FIFTY!, mark in the number of major domestic/ European/ International trophies won. ✅
The next on the list is Manchester United with 45.
Nobody else in England is even worth mentioning.

What a day!

Honestly, I could not be ANY happier or on any higher a high as I am typing this if we add the PL and CL to an already historical, off the charts season. I wrote the other day on just how important the FA Cup is to myself, and no doubt many of a similar age who grew up with it being the all encompassing, biggest trophy you could win. And not least with all it means to our ridiculous football club and the great City of Liverpool she represents.

FA Cup winers. AGAIN! It's been TOO long since we could last say that. You just can't top that feeling. I spent a lot of time looking up into the sky yesterday ..... That was for them. Our fallen comrades in this competition sadly no longer here able to witness yesterday's joyous scenes with us. 🙏🏻

Related to that, the one BAD part of yesterday-

If you were one of the absolute dickheads who booed and created through 'Abide With Me', give your dense lil' heads a MASSIVE wobble today! ..... We are now anti-religion too?!!!!! ..... For that, as some young utter gobshite was arguing with us before the game as he 'didn't care', has got NOTHING to do with the Establishment that so looks down on us. It's a HYMN! A traditional, FA Cup final hymn. And an absolutely perfect one at that. Go learn your own clubs history. Look back to 1989 for a start as we began to rebuild ourselves after the devastating events of the semi in Sheffield and go watch Gerry Marsden on the Wembley pitch leading us through that. FAR too many, mainly young, absolute bellends, try FAR too hard to push the 'Scouse not English' thing. Which I'm all for by the way. But without having any real concept of when to stand up to the Establishment and when not. YNWA through the National anthem? Sound. I'm with that all day and was bellowing that out yesterday. Booing Prince William? Sound. He represents the head of an Establishment that we've been fighting for justice against for the past 33-years and counting for what happened in this competition. But a ****** HYMN we've ALWAYS sung and respected ..... Absolutely disgraceful and embarrassing behaviour. I can but apologise to any decent minded Reds reading. And any opposition fans who heard that and think it was planned. It wasn't. And it didn't go down well with many of us. At all! Sorry for the rant there but that seriously P me off as much it staggered me that we stooped to that.

Now that's off my chest, that was the only bad yesterday bar one P up gobshite on Wembley way singing 'Murderers/ 97 wasn't enough!' Which was a massive improvement from the LC Final when that and similar was being thrown out from the all over the place.

Just the picture perfect Cup Final occasion played out under scorching Cup Final weather as it always should be. I thought we more than deserved that in normal time. Just weren't quite clinical enough with our chances. Extra-time was a bit of a write off like. But the stellar mental fortitude of these lads came through yet again from 12-yards out. Chelsea, and the massively flawed and tactically limited Tuchel, got exactly what they deserved as he set out for penalties. F ALL! All played out in a belter atmosphere. Heck knows why they even bother with dogs at games we attend to sniff out pyro going in. Our end must have looked like it was on fire at the end as the now traditional rave to Dua Lipa ensued in earnest.

And a shout out to Jürgen for simply being him ..... WHAT other manager would bring his assistant over at the end to do the fist bumps together? That was a mark of the humble nature of the greatest coach currently working in World football IMHO. Brilliant gesture.

You just can't speak highly enough of this absolutely ridiculous gang of historical Reds who STILL stand on the verge of historical football perfection. With THREE games to go in a season where we will end up playing every single game of football that we can. (Side note- The only other time that has happened I believe in English football history was back in 2001 .... By your Liverpool Football Club, Second treble winning season vintage!). And that's the WHOLE squad BTW. From the likes of your Bradleys, Gordons, Mortons, Woltmans et al who played in the earlier rounds right on through to yesterdays heroic heroes. Every last one of you has been beyond superb this season and have ALL played your part in the elation and pride we feel today.

Southampton Tuesday night is going to be wild in our end as we celebrate the Cup all over again.

And if West Ham can beat City later today to proper send the league to the final day ...... 🤞🏻🤞🏻

FA Cup winners again. Savour it. This is SUPER special!

Up the Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited: