The Liverpool Thread

Predictions for derby: 2-2, three red cards, Maguire scores a winner with a bicycle kick in 96 minute, 7 points behind City, may as well wrap it up.

Looks like he really went for it too, so probably gonna be extended ban unti mid September. 80 mil well spent.

Relegation 6 pointer next week then lmao. Darwin needs to know that this league is physical and he will be goaded regularly. The hysterics and pitchforks will come out and Benfica fans have said he heavily relies on confidence. I hope this moment of madness wont hurt him in the long run.

We dont Nunez to dunk on your 5ft9 CB. I saw Elliot win a header tonight and I'd be worried if I was Martinez...
More worried about you dunking on Maguire. Martinez has actually been decent so far in tackles, interceptions and his passing has been exceptional. Even his Ariel duals are around 80% after 2 matches.

The goal against Brentford was more a mistake in judgement than actually being bullied. He anticipated the header from Tony to go towards the back post possibly towards the goal and he ran behind the line to clear it. He simply could t sort his feet out quick enough which is why he ended up on the floor. Not from being bullied.

Well that wasn’t quite the start to the season we were anticipating aye? ☹

Today’s/ Yesterday’s Admin-

Title Countdown:
0 wins down/ 30 to go.
2 points down/ 93 to go.

Current Unbeaten League Run-
21 games: W 16 D 5 F 47 A 13 CS: 11

Funny game that. Much better than Fulham but it left differing views when our crew is normally pretty much on the same page.

I personally didn’t think we started to play until we went down to 10 the last half hour and suddenly started finding all sorts of space. Which was mad with a man less. But then the general consensus, from both other mates after, and the lads who sit around me, was we were sound first half. I personally thought our passing was way too slow and made it easy for Palace to defend. The urgency on which we pride ourselves just wasn’t there. But we certainly should have been out of sight at the half. That we could all agree on. (And no, for the reactionary nincompoops across the net/ SM, that has little to do with our midfield and ALL to do with profligacy of the front men.).

Instead of frustratingly being a goal behind at half-way. Side note- As much as I was fuming (to great hilarity) in the boozer before the game at Nat starting, I thought he had a really solid game and wasn’t the one at fault for the goal. Yeah, he got done for pace. Which you expect against Zaha as he’s slower then mud with the turning circle of the Titanic. But that should never have got to that point if THREE lads hadn’t been caught and had their pants pulled down by a superb move inside from Eze. (Who is a PROPER player BTW. Terrific little footballer him.). If that’s stopped at source, as it should have been, it never even gets to Nat. Like Fulham’s opener last week, when Trent was ridiculously slammed for a shocking team-goal to concede with massive mistakes from at least 4 other players; to blame Nat for Palaces goal last night is amateur hour analysis. Great cameo by JMG BTW second-half.

Darwin was a divvy and a half to get goaded into that by the #16, who was an absolute shithouse all game long. Helped by the absolutely abysmal Tierney letting him get away with all sorts of petty ****. Harsh learning curve on the English game for him, but it ironically spurred us into life the last half-hour, when the intensity and tempo FINALLY arrived for the first time this season to at least leave you with positive vibes among the frustration. Side note- At least it spares his song next Monday at OT which I’m telling yer sounds like ‘Munich! Munich! Munich!’ when sung en masse. Which wouldn’t have been good! 🤦‍♂️

Superb goal from Diaz. Which he badly needed as he was proper poor again for the second straight game. And both Mo and Carvalho couldn’t of connected much sweeter with their late chances. But sadly luck just wasn’t running in our favour.

So a poor first hour, albeit one we should have been well clear through. A boneheaded rush of blood from Nunez. And then our best half-hour of the league season to date. And another frustrating result. Albeit a draw that extends our unbeaten league run to 21 games with no defeats this Calendar year. Harsh to go in too hard on them when that context is added.

(Now a little rant 😎…..)

What isn’t harsh is asking the absolute gobshite I was listening to walking away from the ground to please stay the F away from our club and find something else to do with your money! Ta in advance ….. Proper F wool behaviour, and F cringe embarrassing at that, to hear the humongous bellends sacking off the league. TWO games into the season with 108 points left on the board. With THIS historical gang of Reds to boot. Thankfully they were all wool voices and not locals. (Which begs the perennial question just how the F they are getting tickets? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤬.). But no less F embarrassing to listen to all the same. Take that defeatist **** to whatever F team represents the hovel you are from. For you’ll NEVER get this City and what makes us tick. And just why the football club that represents us is so successful, with P poor attitudes like that!

The prohie going up to £ 4! What’s all that about?!!!!! 😡

And just what the **** was being played the Glenbuck before the game heck only knows but can we please NOT have it again. Throw that DVD into the sea! Ta in advance from our collective eardrums. As cringe funny as some of the songs were.🤣

*Nark over. 😛

Frustrating start to the league season. But nothing a win at Utd next Monday night can’t put right. 😍

Up the slow starting, but up for this title fight Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
More worried about you dunking on Maguire. Martinez has actually been decent so far in tackles, interceptions and his passing has been exceptional. Even his Ariel duals are around 80% after 2 matches.

The goal against Brentford was more a mistake in judgement than actually being bullied. He anticipated the header from Tony to go towards the back post possibly towards the goal and he ran behind the line to clear it. He simply could t sort his feet out quick enough which is why he ended up on the floor. Not from being bullied.
I was just ribbing ya mate United lost so the narrative is Martinez got bullied or some ****. Of course teams are going to launch any long balls in his direction as they wont get much change from slabhead. De Gea lost you the game and his reactive keeping will lose you more games this season imo.

1660859202302.png

🤣🤣🤣

I have honestly never been as confident going Old Trafford. And, City aside as they are the only other club remotely on our level, United and Everton are the only games I don’t expect to win going in, every season now. Purely down to the rivalry and it being their respective Cup Finals.

But for just about the first time through my life,I fully anticipate we’ll volley the worst Utd side in my lifetime to probably back in the early pre-PL Ferguson days, all over for another bug walloping like last year.

And I can’t work out if this new found confidence going i to the biggest club game in football bar none is a good or a bad thing? 😕

This is the only thing that remotely concerns me Monday night. Getting in before the game. And how long we’ll be kept back after?

GMP best be on it or the forecourt could well get proper naughty around our turnstiles like the arl days when we used to be in the scoreboard end. Related side note- Are the pre-turnies before the actual ones still up like last season? They just makes things worse. Utd mailed their seasie holders the other day to say the mega store would be shut all day Monday. Along with a mail from Liverpool to everyone with a United ticket advising us to get in early as per GMP advice.

What could possibly go wrong? 🤦‍♂️

At least they seem to have given up on the drone idea to try get the game pulled. So F any postponement and 3-0 win by default.

We want the chance to pull the GD back on City by more than 3!

Last edited:
I've captained Salah for that match.
Could be six+ for Liverpool.

I've captained Salah for that match.
Could be six+ for Liverpool.

That’s where I always F up and why I stopped playing FF. Bad captain choices.

I’ve been pulled back into it this season by a mate after a 4/5 year break. My captain choices thus far-

GW 1. Harry Kane,
‘Spurs score 4. He doesn’t get one or assist. 🤦‍♂️

GW 2. Darwin Nunez.
Sent off against Palace for extra minus points. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

GW 3. Jesus.
He did assist but had a goal disallowed and didn’t net in an Arsenal stroll at Bournemouth.

Watch Mo go bag a hatty again tomorrow evening. The same Mo who was my captain a minute before this weeks deadline before I outsmarted myself. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Telling yer, I should have stayed away! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

(1) Florian Plettenberg on Twitter: "Update #Keita: Very important game against @ManUtd regarding his plans in this transfer window. Nothing has changed. #LFC wants to extend, Klopp wants him to stay. But talks have stopped, an agreement is not in sight at this stage. He wants to play regularly. @SkySportDE 🇬🇳" / Twitter

Hmmm I get the club trying to protect their investment but Keita is a player who takes a while to get going and midfield is one of those areas Klopp wont really **** around with and let you get back into form. Personally cut our losses and bring in someone like Bellingham next season and let Elliot/Carvalho/Jones duck it out for Thiago's position long term.

City have enough firepower to bail them out in tough matches can’t see them losing many if any this season

What a grim day for an early season rekindling of the biggest and most watched game in club football. This time set against the unusual backdrop of history with both clubs winless going into the contest for the first time ever in the English top flight.

As much as City try, we’ll only EVER have one ‘proper’ rivalry from Manchester. City are purely a rival of circumstance right now down to the money. Utd is eternal. And always will be the biggest game on the fixture list regardless of the current standing of both clubs. Which, right now, has never seen as seismic a chasm.

All things being equal, we should volley United all over again for a similar outcome as last year. The perfect game to get a winning run started in our league campaign and the march to #20 fully up and running. And I firmly believe we will. As noted the other day, I’ve never personally felt as confident going into a game with United. Who are the very worst version of themselves since the early Ferguson days pre-PL in my humble.

But then it’s still Utd. And the form book (not that either side has one right now haha), goes out of the window. In a role reversal from the 90’s/ 00’s, its their Cup Final now so you’d expect them to come of punching.

Hopefully the rain will dampen the protests and make getting in and out much easier. Nobody wants agro when you’re P wet through!

This is going to be a LONG work day with the excitement to get done and away down the East Lancs biting already.

Straight into these horrible Manc cnuts Redmen!

Last edited: