The Lost Thread - Use Spoiler Tags

Kris you just cleared everything up for me as I did feel it was somewhat of an anti-climax as it didn't click in my head but now :D

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

You obviously don't remember it that well :p

I'm staying up to watch it, should be good.

P.s Joe, if you think the only good people left were Sayid and Farraday....i wouldn't bother watching season 6.

Was the first episode not on ITV?

The Polar Bear was explained ages ago? It was part of Dharma's research, they were looking into bringing animals out of there natural enviorments or something.

The polar bear was larger than normal... a lot larger. That part went unexplained. :$

My thoughts/how I saw it;

It was definitely an episode that you would either love or hate I think. It wrapped up the stories of the characters nicely. All the flashes of "remembering" were great, especially Juliet and Sawyer, Jin and Sun and Charlie and Claire (especially when he noticed her at the gig).

But it didn't answer a fair few questions either, or offer any explanation of the light, the 'plug', the importance of the numbers (unless i've missed something early on), why Desmond was so important/how he could survive the whatchacallit and what about the egyptian elements all over the island. Walt! - was dissappointed he wasn't back as I thought he had some kind of big role and I had heard he was seen on set during the filming of the last episode. I understand why he hasn't been able to be in the series too much (his character was a child and for a lot of the series he would have had to remain as a child - obviously the actor has grown quite a lot in 6 years) so I suppose that could be a reason he wasn't there.

Michael was also nowhere to be seen? Mr Eko? would have liked to see Eko back, especially with him being the relgious one, about repentence etc...would have made sense for him to make an appearance, plus he was super awesome.

Was good to see Shannon and Boooooon (sp) back, glad that happened. Loved Hurley's grin when Charlie opened the door and his voice at the time.

Didn't like how easy the MIB thing played out. Yeh I got it - the light went out, he became mortal and was there for able to be killed - but it was a pretty dull murdering (especially when we had FINALLY got a decent fight between Jack and 'Locke')...and didn't like it was Kate that did it though I guess it was kind of fitting.

Like how Hurley took over the island, and installed Ben as his number 2....felt right - though I still don't trust Ben (not that it matters anymore!).

The ending was decent in terms of how it was worked, though throughout the series I never realised the significance of the name "Christian Shephard"..durr. Was hoping it wasn't going to be the dead/purgatory thing, especially after ashes to ashes.

I liked the end scenes in the church, the penny dropping for Jack, Ben not going into the church, his apology to Locke, Locke's forgiveness, Hurley telling Ben he was a great #2 and Ben likewise to Hurley (#1).

Overall, a great episode to end the whole programme but still left a few questions unanswered, however...maybe it was better to keep us guessing a few things as opposed to being dissappointed by a proper explanation?

EDIT*

Must add, love how the whole thing ended with Jack, lying in the forest, closing his eyes (just as the programme had begun in S1E1 with Jack lying in the forest, opening his eye), with Vincent there. :D

Also, didn't like when Jack and Locke were about to fight and Jack did that big Matrix style jump off the top down to Locke...loame.

Still watching again now, so might add a few bits/change where I see fit.

Last edited:
The finale - so don't read unless you have seen.

Oh and Mr. T, Lost was on channel 4.

Redders, The numbers were explained. Hurley heard them from Radzinski (sp) in the mental home, he was one of the dharma scientists. I'm sure you know why they had to put the numbers in?

Hurley's 'curse' and the luck of the numbers was indeed just luck.

Redders, The numbers were explained. Hurley heard them from Radzinski (sp) in the mental home, he was one of the dharma scientists. I'm sure you know why they had to put the numbers in?

Hurley's 'curse' and the luck of the numbers was indeed just luck.

I get that bit, but what was the significance with those numbers? 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.

I get that he heard them, used them to win the lottery etc. I know they were on the lid of the hatch (the serial number), the fact they had to be input to set the counter back to 108, the numbers transmitting from the radio tower. They were also on some medicine given to a couple of characters, on Hurley's mileage etc etc...

Also, on teh wall each 'candidate' was given a number..

Was this all a coincidence?

I might have missed forgotten something, I have a feeling it's been fully explained but I've got confused.

Last edited:
They left unexplained :
The numbers
Egyptain marking and statues
Walt's Specialness

P.S i don't know how to do those spoiler black things

Last edited:
Trust, me , they left A LOT of questions and mysteries unexplained, but as the director mentioned it was all part of the show . I'm just happy the series finally came to a ''decent'' end

Last edited:
The finale - so don't read unless you have seen.

Oh and Mr. T, Lost was on channel 4.

I sit corrected.

Has been a long time though and I was only a channel away (H)

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

My thoughts/how I saw it;

It was definitely an episode that you would either love or hate I think. It wrapped up the stories of the characters nicely. All the flashes of "remembering" were great, especially Juliet and Sawyer, Jin and Sun and Charlie and Claire (especially when he noticed her at the gig).

But it didn't answer a fair few questions either, or offer any explanation of the light, the 'plug', the importance of the numbers (unless i've missed something early on), why Desmond was so important/how he could survive the whatchacallit and what about the egyptian elements all over the island. Walt! - was dissappointed he wasn't back as I thought he had some kind of big role and I had heard he was seen on set during the filming of the last episode. I understand why he hasn't been able to be in the series too much (his character was a child and for a lot of the series he would have had to remain as a child - obviously the actor has grown quite a lot in 6 years) so I suppose that could be a reason he wasn't there.

Michael was also nowhere to be seen? Mr Eko? would have liked to see Eko back, especially with him being the relgious one, about repentence etc...would have made sense for him to make an appearance, plus he was super awesome.

Was good to see Shannon and Boooooon (sp) back, glad that happened. Loved Hurley's grin when Charlie opened the door and his voice at the time.

Didn't like how easy the MIB thing played out. Yeh I got it - the light went out, he became mortal and was there for able to be killed - but it was a pretty dull murdering (especially when we had FINALLY got a decent fight between Jack and 'Locke')...and didn't like it was Kate that did it though I guess it was kind of fitting.

Like how Hurley took over the island, and installed Ben as his number 2....felt right - though I still don't trust Ben (not that it matters anymore!).

The ending was decent in terms of how it was worked, though throughout the series I never realised the significance of the name "Christian Shephard"..durr. Was hoping it wasn't going to be the dead/purgatory thing, especially after ashes to ashes.

I liked the end scenes in the church, the penny dropping for Jack, Ben not going into the church, his apology to Locke, Locke's forgiveness, Hurley telling Ben he was a great #2 and Ben likewise to Hurley (#1).

Overall, a great episode to end the whole programme but still left a few questions unanswered, however...maybe it was better to keep us guessing a few things as opposed to being dissappointed by a proper explanation?

EDIT*

Must add, love how the whole thing ended with Jack, lying in the forest, closing his eyes (just as the programme had begun in S1E1 with Jack lying in the forest, opening his eye), with Vincent there. :D

Also, didn't like when Jack and Locke were about to fight and Jack did that big Matrix style jump off the top down to Locke...loame.

Still watching again now, so might add a few bits/change where I see fit.

Again this has opened my eyes wider
but I do believe the only people who were showed were the ones that had to let go.

Mr. Eko had a flashback in which his brother forgave him for transporting the drugs so he could go straight to heaven

Michael also gained closure when he died on that ocean liner helping the gang escape on helicopter

I agree with your thing about Walt he should have made an appearance

Im sure when we run through it again which all of us will inevitably do sometime we will put most of these pieces together

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Also Friday 7pm a sort of directors cut will be on Sky 1 to help explain the ending

I have watched since series one but missed the last 8 or so episodes. I have them all on Sky+ box and i am wondering if it is worth watching them. I was beginning to feel that the story was getting too confusing when I stopped. would you say most of the questions become answered in the end. Because I don't want to waste 10 hours when I could be revising :)

Thanks in advance guys :)

i faithfully watched the first 3 seasons of lost, entertained for the first 2 but had grown tired of it over staying its welcome in season 3.
The show went beyond far fethched I felt that writers themselves were thinking "****, we went to far this makes no sense"

So I have not bothered with season 4

Can't wait lads

Sorry for the pun...but i couldn't find this thread

I have watched since series one but missed the last 8 or so episodes. I have them all on Sky+ box and i am wondering if it is worth watching them. I was beginning to feel that the story was getting too confusing when I stopped. would you say most of the questions become answered in the end. Because I don't want to waste 10 hours when I could be revising :)

Thanks in advance guys :)

Watch them after revision but everything is worth finishing

Wow. These black things are cool. I have never watched lost, so do you reccomend that I begin watching from the start?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to watch from the start really, otherwise none of it will make sense.

Ps. l2spoilertag.

[spoiler ] words here [/ spoiler]

without the spaces between the ['s.