Who will do the best?

• LGFire - Fulham

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • CW13 - Aston Villa

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • EvertonianChriss - Sunderland

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters
gd story but feel wuld be more off a challenge and intresting if it was a network game but good idea will follow :D

Pre-Season Results:
Aston Villa 4-0 Aston Villa Res.
Aston Villa made a great start to their pre-season with a 4-0 win over their Reserves. It was new manager Chris Williams' chance to look at what he was playing with. Richard Dunne headed Villa's first goal in and that was quickly added to by Stilyian Petrov. Heskey scored twice to make it 4-0 early in the second half.

Bury 1-4 Aston Villa
Gabby Agbonlahor scored a brace as Aston Villa thrashed League 2 side Bury 4-1. Emile Heskey scored to open the scoring but Efe Sodje headed home an equaliser for Bury. Gabby Agbonlahor scored to put Aston Villa back into the lead and Nathan Delfouenso put Aston Villa further in front with a placed shot. Gabby Agbonlahor got his scond goal of the game in the 77th minute.

Stockport 1-3 Aston Villa
Aston Villa continued their good pre season with a comfortable 3-1 win over debt-ridden Stockport. Ashley Young and James Milner put Aston Villa into an early 2-0 lead. Paul Turnbull scored the best goal of the game with an effort from 30 yards out. Gabby Agbonlahor scored to put the game beyond doubt.

Aston Villa 4-2 Stuttgart
Aston Villa got probably their best result of pre-season with a 4-2 win over potential Europa League opponents. Cacau opened the scoring for Stuttgart but they were quickly pegged back after Heskey scored a powerful effort. Heskey got his and Aston Villa's second and they went into the break leading 2-1. Aston Villa gave away a penalty just after the break and Cacau hit the ball well and equalised. Aston Villa regained the lead through a controversial goal by Ashley Young. Villa settled the match when Stuttgart conceded a penalty and defender James Collins stepped up and hit the ball powerfully into the net.

Asrton Villa 1-0 Rangers
Aston Villa worked hard and once again beat a team that they could face in the Europa League. The only goal of the game came on 33 minutes when Gabby Agbonlahor scored a placed goal after Heskey put him free in the area.

Oxford 0-3 Aston Villa
Aston Villa continued their fine pre-season form with a solid 3-0 win over Oxford. Nathan Delfouneso put Aston Villa into an early lead. Gabby Agbonlahor added to the lead to put Aston Villa into a further 2-0 lead. The rout was completed in the first-half the rebound after Delfouneso's shot was saved.

Aston Villa 1-3 Genoa
This was Aston Villa's only loss in their pre-season. They were very unlucky as they had Carlos Cuellar sent off for a proffesional foul and Genoa scored from the free-kick. We equalised through Ashley Young scored in the 37th minute but Genoa managed to get two goals in the second-half to win the match.

Transfers:
View attachment 90548
Vaughan was brought in for back-up up front while Jones is back-up for Midfield. John Carew went to R.Madrid to raise funds as did Lowry and Osbourne.

I would do a network game, but its just I don't have a clue how too and my 2 month free trial ran out :p

September update soon

But I need to buy the thing for the online play, and since I've already started there's not much point

Unless i missed it but you aint mentioned which update you are using :)

Good luck btw :p

10.3 anyways wont do any updates till tom moorining also NYRB :p, and last good night see you all tom

attachment.php

Current League Table
View attachment 90584

Results
Sunderland 5-0 Wigan
Bent [x3], Cattermole, Mensah
MotM:
9730_29x33.jpg
Match Report
View attachment 90580

West Ham 3-3 Sunderland
Cattermole, Annan, Jones
MotM: Anthony Annan 9.1
Match Report
View attachment 90581

Newcastle 0-1 Sunderland
Hutton [pen]
MotM:
21688_29x33.jpg
Match Report
View attachment 90582

Sunderland 2-1 Blackburn
Brown, Jones
MotM:
q99767489315_624.jpg
Match Report
View attachment 90583

attachment.php

Barclays Premier League Monthly Awards Announced

The awards for
  • Manager of the Month
  • Player of the Month
  • Young Player of the Month
Have been announced and are enclosed below.

Manager of the Month Top 3
  1. Sir Alex Ferguson
  2. Roberto Mancini
  3. Harry Redknapp

Player of the Month Top 3
  1. Kenwyne Jones
  2. John Carew
  3. Darren Fletcher

Young Player of the Month Top 3
  1. Micah Richards
  2. Lee Cattermole
  3. Nicklas Bendtner
Congratulations to the managers and players who won awards this month.

attachment.php

Manager's Notes
This month was a great month, we completed my aims which was to earn 7 out of 9 points and progress to the next round of the League Cup. Kenwyne Jones was once again very good this month, and this was proven after he was announced the best player in the Premier League this month, but special mentions must go to Darren Bent, Anthony Annan and Lee Cattermole, who all performed well this month. Baring this in mind, my player of the month is obvious.

My Player of the Month
player_82_kenwyne_jones.jpg

Kenwyne Jones: The striker who earned Barclays Player of the Month with performances nothing short of brilliant.

Glad we've got another follower :) Going to play the game for a bit and then post my updates tomorrow, hopefully I'll do better than Villa and Fulham because the polls are well not in my favour.. ;)

August Update

Aston Villa 2-0 Bolton
Aston Villa started their Premier League campaign with a good win over Bolton at Villa Park. Ashley Young scored in the 15th minute with a placed effort. In the second-half Zat Knight did not help his club's cause when he got sent off for a professional foul. Stephen Warnock scored from the penalty spot after Paul Robinson brought down Gabby Agbonlahor in the area.

Stabaek 3-2 Aston Villa
Stabaek shocked Aston Villa at home today in tight match in the Europa League 4th Qualifying round 1st Leg. It was all looking good for Aston Villa when they went into a 2-0 lead on 50 minutes thanks a Gabby Agbonlahor goal and Milner penalty. But Stabaek fought back hard and Daniel Nannskog scored a 23 minute hattrick to put Villa on the back foot and they couldnt find an eqauliser but knew that all they needed in the second leg was a 1-0 win at Villa Park.

Aston Villa 2-1 Birmingham
Aston Villa managed to win against Briminham in this tightly contested derby match. Aston Villa scored through James Vaughan in the 5th minute as Aston Villa tried to gain control of the match. However, Birminham's new signing Dembélé scored a header to equalise the match. It took until the 91st minute for Villa to get the winner but managed it through Ashley Young despite protests for offside.

Aston Villa 4-1 Stabaek
Aston Villa came into this match wanting revenge for what happened in Norway and they certainly got just that with a comfortable 4-1 win. Aston Villa raced into the lead when James Vaughan scored in the 21st minute. Steve Sidwell scored just before half-time to give Aston Villa a 2-0 lead at the break. James Vaughan got his second of the game on 47 minutes when he volleyed the ball in from Milner's cross. Stabaek pulled one back when Daniel Nannskog but Gabby Agbonlahor completed the rout on 88 minutes with a calmly placed shot.

Stoke 1-2 Aston Villa
Aston Villa once again had to score late to seal win this time against Stoke City at the Brittania stadium. James Vaughan opened the scoring after just two minutes showing that Aston Villa really wanted to win this. But they were pegged back on 74 minutes when Jmaes Beattie broke into the box and placed the ball nicely past Brad Friedel. But Aston Villa fought hard and managed to seal the win on 86 minutes when James Collins powered home a shot from a simple corner routine.

League Table:
View attachment 90720

So we sit a healthy 3rd with a game in hand so I am pretty happy.

Europa League Group:
Zenit
Aston Villa
Basel
Falkirk

Tough group with Zenit and Basel providing stern opposition.

Player of the month:
efc__1223365477_james-vaughan.jpg

James Vaughan

Has done really well in cover for Heskey with 5 goals in 4 games!!

Last edited:
I can't pick between fulham and villa on poll it will be close, villa best side but fulham signings are good

Good start and good layouts mates, keep it up
will be following

Nice story. Good use of photo's, makes the story more 3D. Keep it up