The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
It'll just knock FFP on the head, its the only sector where a owner/shareholder cant invest. The legality of it is why we copped a smaller fine in the first place.

And that's a good first step. FPP was always a farce, they sold it as some grand plan to protect the clubs and their legacy, but in reality it was spearheaded by G-14 richest clubs to protect their business. It was about old money trying to keep new money out, everything else is make believe.

Then maybe we can have a conversation about what would actually protect the clubs and their legacy, like I don't know, government mandated percentage of shares that are owned by supporters, Barca-style.

From Ducker this morning-

Colleagues handling Der Spiegel #mcfc allegations in my absence today but they're damning. Etihad paying just £8m a yr towards annual £67.5m "Etihad" deal - and rest paid by Abu Dhabi

If #mcfc Der Spiegel/Football Leaks claims are investigated properly by the authorities - and I won't hold my breath - and City are indeed found to be guilty of these allegations, the punishments must be so severe. Financial punishments a waste of time

Premier League rivals want Manchester City to be investigated after allegations of flagrantly flouting FFP rules #mcfc@JWTelegraphhttps://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/05/premier-league-rivals-push-manchester-city-investigated-allegations/ …

I agree FFP was a ridiculous in the first place and never gonna work. I’m surprised all the English media haven’t tried to keep it on the low. But they have all gone big on it

:O

New leak: how Man City set up separate company to pay players' image rights, and then sent money from that company from Abu Dhabi to cover those payments. Took £30m off the wage bill.

Manchester City Exposed: Chapter 2: The Secret 'Project Longbow' http://dlvr.it/QqYrkJ
12:39 PM - Nov 6, 2018

Calls growing for Uefa investigation after extraordinary new allegations of how Manchester City flouted spending rules: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/05/premier-league-rivals-push-manchester-city-investigated-allegations/ …
10:13 AM - Nov 6, 2018

Spanish league chiefs have called on Uefa to take action against #MCFC after new leaked files revealed the full extent to which the club are alleged to have deceived the European body over FFP. By @martynzieglerhttps://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/la-liga-demands-action-against-city-after-scale-of-deceit-exposed-sw95fxp5h …

The hypocrisy of some Man City fans is brazen. It is one thing to disagree with the rules, and to lobby for them to be changed. It quite another to publicly state that you will comply while allegedly cheating on an industrial scale. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hypocrisy-of-manchester-city-fans-whose-loyalty-is-blind-to-truth-z5nxpwt8b

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1060111897813508096?s=21Man City lying to media and harassing them to remove inconvenient stories: shock, horror, who knew?. Working to thwart human rights organisations too. (Ditto). Again Spiegel provides more details, plus when Pep *actually* signed

When @NcGeehan of Human Rights Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act request at the #Manchester council, officials @ManCity got to review it. Club director Simon Pearce said: "I want to disrupt any momentum." spiegel.de/international/… #FootballLeaks

4th and final day of @DerSPIEGEL allegations. Say Roberto Mancini had two contracts when with City. Base contract with club was less than he got as an adviser to Al Jazira in Arabian Gulf League.

Last edited:
Has Delph been doing much for City this season? Found it odd that he was playing for England today but he was really good so can't complain in the end.

Has Delph been doing much for City this season? Found it odd that he was playing for England today but he was really good so can't complain in the end.

Rotation, played the cup games, got a knock. missed a few. Playing backup to Dinho & Mendy for the most part.

What a player he's developed into. Starting to mould into a Balon d'Or contender..

[FONT=&quot]No player has more Premier League goals this season than Raheem Sterling.No player has more Premier League assists this season than Raheem Sterling.No player has had more touches in the penalty area in the Premier League this season than Raheem Sterling.[/FONT]

What a player he's developed into. Starting to mould into a Balon d'Or contender..

No player has more Premier League goals this season than Raheem Sterling.No player has more Premier League assists this season than Raheem Sterling.No player has had more touches in the penalty area in the Premier League this season than Raheem Sterling.

He pretty much undefendable at the min, keep him out wide, send him inside, playing left/right or centre... he's breezing past players and picking the right move.

Ederson, Delph, Otamendi, Laporte, Walker, Dinho, Silva, Bernado, Sane, Mahrez, Jesus.... My prediction xi for this evening.

Only 15 players fit according to Pep. What the heck has happened lol. Your medical team usually works miracles?

In top 4 teams injury crisis happens almost every year during November-December fixtures.

Only 15 players fit according to Pep. What the heck has happened lol. Your medical team usually works miracles?

Mendy, Bravo long term. Kun, KDB, Silva, Danilo, Delph, out for a couple weeks. Just timing.

Ederson, Walker, Kompany Stones, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Bernardo, Foden, Sane, Mahrez, Jesus - the B Team will be fine :)

I know it's easier said than done but Everton should have adopted this approach of taking the game to City from the start. In this second half they have looked good and could of scored 2 or 3 goals with big misses from Walcott/Richarlison. I never understand why teams sit back and defend deep like Everton did in first half against this City side, it literally never works. You have to put pressure on this City team and you will get some joy.

Sure, always works.

Lets be honest Everton have missed 3 clear cut chances in this half and that's not taking away anything from City. It's just an opinion that if you want to sit back like they did in first half, City will slaughter you. Mayswell make a go of it as Everton have done in second half and you can score goals.

They are pressing a team, thats just played a half.. most teams that try that first half get mullered as well.

Back