The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 232K
Its just how I feel. I aint no expert at all. Would be fun to see some other people doing this.

Devastating for Sane. Hope not very bad.

Good job Sterling... :D

Think Mendy is a bit overrated, sure he's good going forward at times but defensively think he can be a bit of a liability. Not that he has to do that much under Pep, just my opinion at least. I'd give him a 7 rather than 8.

Think Mendy is a bit overrated, sure he's good going forward at times but defensively think he can be a bit of a liability. Not that he has to do that much under Pep, just my opinion at least. I'd give him a 7 rather than 8.

Everyone says that, despite he has about a 70% clean sheet rate in the team in his 17 games. inc at Anfield. its a weird one, i dont agree but dont think its that bad considering the time in the actual team.

Everyone says that, despite he has about a 70% clean sheet rate in the team in his 17 games. inc at Anfield. its a weird one, i dont agree but dont think its that bad considering the time in the actual team.

Wait until he plays against Messi Lingard, cutting in from the right this season and leaving him for toast.

Manchester City seal £4m deal for 16-year-old Morgan Rogers from West Brom

TELEMMGLPICT000203252416_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqgsaO8O78rhmZrDxTlQBjdGLvJF5WfpqnBZShRL_tOZw.jpeg

Rogers' acquisition is one of the highest fees paid for a boy of his age by a Premier League club in recent years

9 JULY 2019 • 4:16PM
Follow

Manchester City have signed West Bromwich Albion’s 16-year-old Morgan Rogers in a deal worth around £4m and overseen at the highest levels by director of football Txiki Begiristain.
Rogers, who will have to wait 17 days to sign his professional deal on his 17th birthday, was having a medical at the clubs training ground today.
His acquisition is one of the highest fees paid for a boy of his age by a Premier League club in recent years and was pursued on the insistence of Begiristain. The Spaniard would not usually get involved in academy recruitment but regarded Rogers’ signing as a priority.
The extent of the fee is not yet know but it is expected to be in excess of £4m. There has been major competition among Europe’s top clubs for the 2003-born cohort of English players, many of whom have rejected scholarships at their childhood clubs.
Louie Barry, also 16, has rejected a scholarship at West Brom to take a similar deal with a professional contract attached at Barcelona. He was the subject of competition with Paris Saint Germain interested. Clubs outside England are able to acquire scholar age players for relatively small Fifa compensation fees.
The same is not the case when they move within the English game. The deal to take Harvey Elliott, 16, to Liverpool after he rejected a scholarship at Fulham is expected to be significant.

Manchester City have also signed Liam Delap, also 16, the son of Rory. The teenager’s former club Derby County will be compensated. The signing of boys of scholar age is now regarded as one of the biggest markets with a good generation of English players attracting interest from across Europe. For the likes of West Brom and Fulham there are bigger fees to be made selling players who have refused scholar deals within the English game.

Manchester City have agreed compensation with Aston Villa for their former academy midfielder Kane Taylor (14). Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal all showed a keen interest in signing the highly-rated teenager. [@SamWallaceTel]

add him to the above, felix caciedo, palaversa, and some other kid I'm forgetting...

Laporte & Mahrez back for tomo, and Gundo tied down for 4 more years.

Silva is CAPTAIN MAGO

Cant finish, never scores 1-on-1's.... get in the BIN!

RAHEEEEEEEMM! BAYBAY

That ****** all over Pool performance. That was just pure one sided dominance! Rodri looks absolutely class.

That ****** all over Pool performance. That was just pure one sided dominance! Rodri looks absolutely class.

We weren't at it first half... got into a nice rhythm in the second.

Oleksandr Zinchenko has now equalled record for the best winning streak by a player in Premier League history. He matches David Silva’s record of 23 wins in 23 matches! 100% win rate!

We weren't at it first half... got into a nice rhythm in the second.

Oleksandr Zinchenko has now equalled record for the best winning streak by a player in Premier League history. He matches David Silva’s record of 23 wins in 23 matches! 100% win rate!

That’s the worrying thing. Despite not being on it you were still dominating

Manchester City seal £4m deal for 16-year-old Morgan Rogers from West Brom

Manchester City have also signed Liam Delap, also 16, the son of Rory. The teenager’s former club Derby County will be compensated. The signing of boys of scholar age is now regarded as one of the biggest markets with a good generation of English players attracting interest from across Europe. For the likes of West Brom and Fulham there are bigger fees to be made selling players who have refused scholar deals within the English game.​

Rogers scored on his deubt, Delap has 3 in his first 2 games.