The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Wow. Just wow.

Congratulations Manchester City, it doesn't matter how you get to the top when stuff like that happens.

Fantastic performance by City. This is what Champions are made off, fighting till the last minute. Deserved EPL win

Although I hate to say it, well done to City.

I feel gutted but I cannot feel hard done by anything, I dont feel robbed by any moment of controversy(There werent really any to note), just the emptiness of being beaten by the better team.

It took 1 season for Nasri at Man City to win a title. Arsenal fans must be delighted for him.

man, where are the city fans in this forum. anyways congrats on the epic season finale.

Although most people probably think that City won the title because of their massive summer spending spree, that is not entirely correct. Let's not forget the work players such as Joe Hart, Micah Richards, Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott, Pablo Zabaleta and Nigel De Jong (all bought for fairly small fees, bar Lescott) put in this season.

One of the reasons City won was that they bought some great players, sure, but another was that their (previously) average/good players became brilliant this season. Richards, Lescott and Dzeko all looked like different players from their selves last season!

Well done on winning the league, City deserved it because they got it! Over the season, they were the best team in the league!

​- PZW

When players like Aguero , Yaya, Silva play really well on the course of the season, then i fair to say money is well spent. but overall, they where the best team this season. even after falling 8 points behind, they manage to pick themselves up and grab the win till death in that Derby.

United, imo, cake-walked for most periods of the season. Blew that 8 point lead.

Well done City. Left it a bit late....but what else would the neutrals expect on last day of the PL season lol. Though tbf credit to both Manchester sides for making it such a tremondously exciting title battle

When players like Aguero , Yaya, Silva play really well on the course of the season, then i fair to say money is well spent. but overall, they where the best team this season. even after falling 8 points behind, they manage to pick themselves up and grab the win till death in that Derby.

United, imo, cake-walked for most periods of the season. Blew that 8 point lead.

A team that got 89 points has not done that at all, I found this amusing to be honest.

Even if Aguero does nothing till he leaves, he'll still be a Man City legend.

Even if Aguero does nothing till he leaves, he'll still be a Man City legend.
I have to admit, this is one of the things I dislike the most about football (and sport, in general). People forget about the hard work put in my players earlier in the season, but many will remember this season only for Sergio Aguero's last minute winner! I know he has done brilliantly to score it, but defensively strong performances are often overlooked.

In fact, although this is slightly off topic, this is part of the reason why England are not producing the brilliant youth anymore. Most youngsters want to play up front, and grab the glory for themselves, and not the team. Look at Spain; most of their players play for the team, and not themselves.

I know I will be slated for saying this, but, I think the current United team still have better team chemistry, by a mile, than the City team. Yes, City won the title partly because they were hungry for it, but surely that is expected? Who says they weren't hungry for a pay cheque? A few of them are selfish individuals who went there to earn money and get the limelight.

However, that is not to take anything away from the performance they put in today and throughout the season, the title was well deserved! You got to feel for United, though, it's been stolen away from them at the last moment and they still managed to amass 89 points!

​- PZW

I have to admit, this is one of the things I dislike the most about football (and sport, in general). People forget about the hard work put in my players earlier in the season, but many will remember this season only for Sergio Aguero's last minute winner! I know he has done brilliantly to score it, but defensively strong performances are often overlooked.

In fact, although this is slightly off topic, this is part of the reason why England are not producing the brilliant youth anymore. Most youngsters want to play up front, and grab the glory for themselves, and not the team. Look at Spain; most of their players play for the team, and not themselves.

I know I will be slated for saying this, but, I think the current United team still have better team chemistry, by a mile, than the City team. Yes, City won the title partly because they were hungry for it, but surely that is expected? Who says they weren't hungry for a pay cheque? A few of them are selfish individuals who went there to earn money and get the limelight.

However, that is not to take anything away from the performance they put in today and throughout the season, the title was well deserved! You got to feel for United, though, it's been stolen away from them at the last moment and they still managed to amass 89 points!

​- PZW

Agree, i think Kompany and Hart were as if not more important that Silva or Aguero. But the problem is that people want to see and score goals. When a gk saves a goal he doesnt take his shirt of and run around the pitch screaming. But hes had exactly the same effect as when a stricker scores.

Congratulations, probably deserved at the end of the day. 92 and 94 minute goals? Forget Fergie Time, it's Mancini Time!

I was delighted for 20+ m we got from him. Trophies he wins or doesn't win is no concern of mine.

i was being sarcastic. kind of. It was just to point out the reason why certain players have showed their desire to leave.

man, where are the city fans in this forum. anyways congrats on the epic season finale.

i think im the only "regular" man city fan on here? and even then i dont post here much.

either way

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE CITY

article-2143724-13124E39000005DC-314_964x532.jpg

i was at the match before and when aguero scored i was actually that happy i seriously didnt know what to do. i still dont. i cant even explain what is going on. i just didnt know what was happening in my head & heart and i genuinely had no idea wtf to do and what i am feeling, i think the few beers i have had may hinder my ability to explain things but even if i was sobre im pretty sure id feel the same lol.

Back