The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
why would Ronaldo even join city?

Why not. Will soon have more depth than Real Madrid and perhaps be able to win the Champions League every year if they get another cash injection like Mancini wants.

Why not. Will soon have more depth than Real Madrid and perhaps be able to win the Champions League every year if they get another cash injection like Mancini wants.

Because Real have massive history and it's MASSIVE club where City are only on the rise. Also dont know how Sheikh will manage the cash injections now when FFP kicks in.

Because Real have massive history and it's MASSIVE club where City are only on the rise. Also dont know how Sheikh will manage the cash injections now when FFP kicks in.

Al-Mubarak stated that they will look to buy players in a more sustainable way. A view echoed by Mancini. I think the focus for City this summer will be to get rid of all the deadwood in their squad and free up finances to maybe get one/two players in.

Top priority for them has to be getting the likes of Bridge/Adebayor off their books completely. Otherwise they might find themselves in massive **** once FFPR kicks in

Yeap as maxy67 said. I think only competition to best CB in world is Kompany at the moment. Cant really say which one is better.

Really? Because Vidic was an absolute rock star in defense until his season was ended and had been playing at that level longer than Kompany.

Al-Mubarak stated that they will look to buy players in a more sustainable way. A view echoed by Mancini. I think the focus for City this summer will be to get rid of all the deadwood in their squad and free up finances to maybe get one/two players in.

Top priority for them has to be getting the likes of Bridge/Adebayor off their books completely. Otherwise they might find themselves in massive **** once FFPR kicks in

But that doesnt free up enough money to sign Ronaldo. Would take probably more than 150m to do that.

But yes IF they manage to get rid of some of the big earners and replace them with good young prospects on reasonable salaries they will be force to reckon with and can build their own legacy.

But that doesnt free up enough money to sign Ronaldo. Would take probably more than 150m to do that.

But yes IF they manage to get rid of some of the big earners and replace them with good young prospects on reasonable salaries they will be force to reckon with and can build their own legacy.

I was never talking about Ronaldo.. just in general

But they defnitely need to get rid of the big earners not playing. It could come back to bite them later on

Really? Because Vidic was an absolute rock star in defense until his season was ended and had been playing at that level longer than Kompany.

If asked at start of season I'd said either Pique or Vidic, but Vidic is out now and Pique hasn't been as good this season. Mostly because of injuries. At the moment it's either Kompany or TS33. Vidic's injury is quite serious and there's big chance he wont be nearly as good as he was before it.

I was never talking about Ronaldo.. just in general

But they defnitely need to get rid of the big earners not playing. It could come back to bite them later on

Oh I though you were cos my post was mostly about him and why he wouldn't go to City.

If asked at start of season I'd said either Pique or Vidic, but Vidic is out now and Pique hasn't been as good this season. Mostly because of injuries. At the moment it's either Kompany or TS33. Vidic's injury is quite serious and there's big chance he wont be nearly as good as he was before it.

World Class players find ways to recover from long term setbacks, Carlos Puyol is an excellent example of a world class defender who keeps taking long term knocks and still comes back influential as before. To suggest one season on the sidelines = "Wont be nearly as good" is just ludicrous.

World Class players find ways to recover from long term setbacks, Carlos Puyol is an excellent example of a world class defender who keeps taking long term knocks and still comes back influential as before. To suggest one season on the sidelines = "Wont be nearly as good" is just ludicrous.

Same could be said if you expect him to bounce back as good as before. Every player is different and we dont know anything until he comes back from it so discussing it is pointless.

Vidic is definitely as good as Thiago Silva and one of the best Centre Back's in the world, if not the best.

Think his loyalties to Man Utd would prevent him from going to city, he's not like Tevez. Also it's not like Madrid aren't successful and don't have loads of money so really are similar to city there. Having arguably the best manager in the world would certainly make him want to stay

Same could be said if you expect him to bounce back as good as before. Every player is different and we dont know anything until he comes back from it so discussing it is pointless.

Vidic has titanium plated ligaments. He's merely getting them serviced to return to full operational beast mode next season.

With these FFP rules I don't see what there is to stop Sheik Mansour having a private box which he has to pay 200 million a year for

I keep seeing the Manchester United thread being updated and its killing me so ill update this.

My season overview
Under the different circumstances at the club like Tevez going on Holiday early only featuring in the very early parts of the season, the Balotelli whitch hunt where he got 1 deserved striaght red and an underserved straight red with us having to miss Balotelli for at least a handfull of games, Kompany being wrongly sent off in the Manchester Cup derby then loosing Vincent for 4 games, Silva not performing in the second part of the season and the teams poor away record starting just before christmas with all that in mind I am delighted we still managed to win the league despite all these obsticles.

Only main dissapointment despite the ones mentioned above was our poor cup performances but still picking up up 10 points in CL group looking at all the other groups would have been enough to go through. Also Mancini's mistake to stick with Savic in place of Kompanys abcent in the cup games again cost us.

My highlight was of course the United 6-1 at Old Trafford but the QPR game was the best match I never went to :(, could have got tickets too but when the tickets went on sale for the game United were 8 points clear with 6 games to go and I could not face Manchester but how wrong was I and at the same time delighted but gutted not to be there!!!

Now for these FIFA Finacial Fair Play rules below is our much needed clear out:

Adebayour - Dont rate him and feel we have better and can get better players
Tevez- Attitiude problem off the field and may have won the title sooner with him at the club for more than 8 games of the season.
Balotelli- Libaility on the field you dont no what he is going to do but is liabilie to cost us points.
Bridge- High earner and not a first team player
Savic- One of Mancini's rare poor buys who cost us in cup games who was not good enough
Michael Johnson- Likes the beer to much and has failed since his bad injury before his promising days.
Santa Cruz- Another big earner who is not good enough
Kolo Toure- Unsettled at being a back up player and only has a few years left, also a big earner. Replace him for a young back up player who wants to fight for a first team place.

All that above we should achive at least 70m

I think all we really need is a more solid right back and if the unthinkable happens of Ya Ya Toure & De Joing leaving then we need need a solid DM ideally De Rossi who we have been linked with but also as close as we can get to a Ya Ya Toure but no who I did that can be! I must say I am not looking forward to the transfer window this year because to see our hero Ya Ya go will be a big step backwards even with the squad and money we have he just cant be replaced hes unique!

PS Sorry for my bad spelling/grammar i never read through

& Those players you want rid of, who do you expect to buy them and pay for all their wages? They probably won't take a wage drop, at least not a large one - and who the heck would pay Santa Cruz the wage that he's on?

^what RTW said. Who would Santa Cruz go to? Adebayor? Tevez, even?

Good question I hope someone is stupid enough thats why I hope Harry Redknapp keeps his job cause hes stupid enough to buy Adebayour on big wages and he has already said he will take a pay cut to leave. Lets face it they are all well over paid and what cant you buy on their wages on say a 20-50k wage drop??

Good question I hope someone is stupid enough thats why I hope Harry Redknapp keeps his job cause hes stupid enough to buy Adebayour on big wages and he has already said he will take a pay cut to leave. Lets face it they are all well over paid and what cant you buy on their wages on say a 20-50k wage drop??

Naive.

One would hazard that Harry isn't stupid enough to buy Adebarndoor on high wages, since he hasn't already. Moreover, Daniel Levy would make sure that he doesn't so anything too ridiculous. Spurs are a well run club.

The human mind doesn't work like that, unfortunately.

Back