The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 232K
Hope Pep does not overthink again. Strange to see Sterling in squad and Rodri and Fernandhino out.

Why is Pep not playing either Rodri or Ferna. The defence especially Stones are really struggling here and way to exposed and high up. Every time the ball Is turned over Chelsea are in.

Why is Pep not playing either Rodri or Ferna. The defence especially Stones are really struggling here and way to exposed and high up. Every time the ball Is turned over Chelsea are in.
Don't understand it either. Maybe plan was to get goal and then try to shut it a bit down and bring control into game with them.

But why change something that core player in a game like this.

btw Kante motm. He is a cheat code. One of the greatest midfielders of all time.

That so called organised defence was made to look ordinary with no protection. De bryune was isolated playing that false nine role.

Game was a sequel to Barca-Bayern in the CL semis, back when Pep was at Bayern. Literally the same game, Barca with a low-block, Bayern passing it sideways for hours without creating anything, staying up too high and getting lit up on fire every time they lose a ball. For a guy who is constantly hailed as a genius, you'd think Guardiola would have figured out some alternative for those days when his plan A isn't working.

Game was a sequel to Barca-Bayern in the CL semis, back when Pep was at Bayern. Literally the same game, Barca with a low-block, Bayern passing it sideways for hours without creating anything, staying up too high and getting lit up on fire every time they lose a ball. For a guy who is constantly hailed as a genius, you'd think Guardiola would have figured out some alternative for those days when his plan A isn't working.
That’s pretty much the blue print to beat the City side. Sit low wait for a lose ball to regain possession then spring with quality. Happened loads of times and Tuchel and Ole have sussed it out.

Also Pep leaving out Rodri and Fernandinho 🤦🏻‍♂️

I just dont understand why you would start your most in form midfielder who is also your top scorer as a CDM. Gundogon against top opp is not a defensive midfielder. Way out of position for the goal and opened up the play for mounts pass. Also Sterling has been terrible all season I hope Southgate doesn't start him in euros.

I just dont understand why you would start your most in form midfielder who is also your top scorer as a CDM. Gundogon against top opp is not a defensive midfielder. Way out of position for the goal and opened up the play for mounts pass. Also Sterling has been terrible all season I hope Southgate doesn't start him in euros.
You know Southgate is gonna have his name down as one of the first on his sheet 😡

You know Southgate is gonna have his name down as one of the first on his sheet 😡
I hope he does. That way, Rashford doesn't over-exert himself. It's likely Sterling starts, then Foden/Grealish could be higher up the pecking order.

That being said, for City, starting without a proper DM is the strangest thing I've seen.

That’s pretty much the blue print to beat the City side. Sit low wait for a lose ball to regain possession then spring with quality. Happened loads of times and Tuchel and Ole have sussed it out.

Yeah, it's one thing to dominate mediocre teams who sit low and hope to counter. It's another thing entirely when a top team is sitting low and has quality forwards who can escape the counterpress and break on goal. Most games if City lose the ball they know they will just win it back, so they are fearless and attack with cofidence. Here you could almost see fear creeping in once they realize that any misplaced pass can end the game.

I hope he does. That way, Rashford doesn't over-exert himself. It's likely Sterling starts, then Foden/Grealish could be higher up the pecking order.

That being said, for City, starting without a proper DM is the strangest thing I've seen.
Good point on Rashford 😋🙏🏼

And yet nine times out of ten they have no problem with every team that does that. Which is most every team they face. And they'll have little problem again next season in the main all things being equal.

The simple answer to last night is the bolded. The bizarre personnel change from Pep once agin trying to outthink himself, along with a slew of players having an off day.

And yet nine times out of ten they have no problem with every team that does that. And they'll have little problem again next season in the main all things being equal.

The simple answer to last night is the bolded. The bizarre personnel change from Pep once agin trying to outthink himself, along with a slew of players having an off day.
Difference is like Tyton said not many other teams in the prem baring 3 sides have the quality to make it actually work. So it will obviously work in most cases.

Difference is like Tyton said not many other teams in the prem baring 3 sides have the quality to make it actually work. So it will obviously work in most cases.

The key difference being that beating City in one game doesn't make a jot of difference to an overall league season when they consistently handle every question asked of them better than most anyone bar L'pool.

It just amuses me when ever he or Klopp loses a game, he's suddenly 'been found out' and 'there's the blueprint.'

It's happening all over SM/ the media at large today.

The key difference being that beating City in one game doesn't make a jot of difference to an overall league season when they consistently handle every question asked of them better than most anyone bar L'pool.

It just amuses me when ever he or Klopp loses a game, he's suddenly 'been found out' and 'there's the blueprint.'

It's happening all over SM/ the media at large today.
It’s not really a one off game is it Ole has done it 4 times against him and Tuchel has done it not only at Chelsea but other clubs. But like you said they walk over most teams so won’t really make much difference in terms of the league