The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 232K
I am waiting to see how Barca will follow after Messi. Will it be crashing down or they manage to use that freed up wage for few stars to hold the boat up and push. But considering Barca board and mess they keep pulling themselves, don't see them thinking ahead and using that wage wisely.
Messi, dunno if the move to City is happening or if he extends on lower wags (but on a longer contract duration). Despite the wages being the stumbling problem, Barca would do well to retain him - they have again been saved by him more times than they can count this season. They have a few good players (ter Stegen, Pedri, Fati) along with younger prospects (Dest, Mingueza, Garcia, Puig). They really need a vision for the team first, and then a rebuild to go along with it. If Koeman is an option only for a year, any rebuild will have to happen once they appoint a new long-term coach, whoever that is. The signings that are being brought in are clearly Koeman signings (Depay, Wijnaldum) and might not be in-line with their new manager.

@Sherkey Wijnaldum would fit into most any role in most any system mate. Super intelligent, technical Rolls Royce of a player. He's the very definition of a Dutch ‘total footballer.’

To the wider point, if you finish ahead of City, L’pool or Munich going forward, there’s every chance you’ll be Champions of Europe.

Thats your big three every other club wants to avoid right now every draw.

@Sherkey Wijnaldum would fit into most any role in most any system mate. Super intelligent, technical Rolls Royce of a player. He's the very definition of a Dutch ‘total footballer.’

To the wider point, if you finish ahead of City, L’pool or Munich going forward, there’s every chance you’ll be Champions of Europe.

Regarding Wijnaldum. Dutch head coach de Boer has told noone can do any medicals or contracts talks. Should fully be commited to national team. How can u be 100% if you might be losing out contract with Barca if something happens during euros or something else.

Oh, that's true. He's pretty much a beast, and probably one of the more important components of your midfield. Fabinho would be the most important for me, followed by Wijnaldum and then Henderson. Thiago, still needs to play properly and more.

But Wijnaldum might not fit a traditional Tiki-Taka system (and old Barca's obsession with it). He's also 30 now, so long term could be a problem.

Well, if there was two players I’d pick as the first two in any L’pool 5-aside team over the past 5 years, who fit perfectly into that as you can neither get the ball off them, or they never give it away in possession, keeping it moving sharply and accurately, it would be two lads most would be aurprised at.

Lallana and Gini. Two highly intelligent, hard working, technical dreams of footballers.Can’t speak highly enough of either.

The only concern with Wijnaldum is the amount of Klopp miles in his legs. He’s not getting any younger as you noted and he’s barely missed a minute for club or Country over the past 5-years. That was telling this past season when he just had nothing left in the tank at times. And as he’s the Netherlands captain and most important player, he won’t miss a second of action this summer when he BADLY needs a rest.

That said, La Liga, if he does indeed end up there, would be much leas strenuous on his legs so there is that.

Ederson
Cancelo - Stones - Diaz - Mendy
Rodri
KDB - Foden
Mahrez - Kane - Grealish

WKD City potential starting 11 ?

Ederson
Cancelo - Stones - Diaz - Mendy
Rodri
KDB - Foden
Mahrez - Kane - Grealish

WKD City potential starting 11 ?

They'll bring in a Left back, Grealish will probably play the LCM and Foden the LW i think. Give the carry from deeper on that side. but yeah looks about right, They may or maynot go for a #6 as well. Bit in the air that one.

They'll bring in a Left back, Grealish will probably play the LCM and Foden the LW i think. Give the carry from deeper on that side. but yeah looks about right, They may or maynot go for a #6 as well. Bit in the air that one.
Yeah 6 can most likely wait a yr if Fernandinho is staying and with Rodri

Yeah 6 can most likely wait a yr if Fernandinho is staying and with Rodri

Gundo can play there, so can Doyle & at a very easy cup draw i'd love to see Lavia now that he's training with the first team.

First XI.PNG Second XI.PNG

Ideally they go for that in a perfect world, the only question is who for Mendy if can move him.. Tagliafico for 15 seems sensible, but if Athletico want Laporte prob Renan Lodi in a deal.

Revealed: Sergio Aguero’s leaving gifts to Manchester City staff included watches and raffle tickets to win his car

GettyImages-1315627779-scaled-e1622541268971-1024x684.jpg

By Sam Lee 16m ago
comment-icon@2x.png
save-icon@2x.png

Sergio Aguero’s move to Barcelona was confirmed on Monday but he did not leave Manchester City without making a series of grand gestures.
The Athletic understands that the striker bought every member of staff at the club’s first-team building either a Hublot or Tag Heuer watch, each engraved with the words “Gracias! Kun Aguero”. There are more than 60 staff involved in first-team affairs, and each watch cost at least £1,000, including the Tag Heuer Formula 1 model that is priced between £1,200 and £1,650.
Image-from-iOS.jpg

One of the watches gifted by Aguero
Aguero also gave each staff member a raffle ticket for the chance to win a grand prize: his recently purchased Range Rover Evoque.
The lucky winner was one of the team’s kit men, which delighted Aguero, since he greatly appreciates the hard work that department does to ensure the players have everything they need for training and matches. The Argentinian also had a particular appreciation for the winner’s work ethic and personality.
It is also understood that Aguero contributed a significant amount — far above what is customary — to a cash pot that the squad hand over to support staff twice a year. The money is handed over at the end of the season and used to buy presents at Christmas.
The striker, who turns 33 on Wednesday, will join Barcelona when his City contract officially ends at the end of June. He was formally presented as a Barca player on Monday, featuring in social media posts on the club’s channels and giving an interview in which he said that City boss Pep Guardiola was in favour of his choice.
“After we won the title, I had lunch with Pep and he told me I was joining the best club in the world,” he said.
“We all know that Barca are the best club in the world. So I think I made a great decision to be here.
“It’s a step forward in my career. I’m really happy and hopefully, I can help the team to win things.”

Man City complete signing of U13s Leke Drake Beat Chelsea and Manchester United to the signing. The transfer total cost is 400k

Time for the chairmans end of year interview.. Part 1 is out.

Capture.PNG

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

·
Jun 1, 2021
Chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak on @ManCity summer plans: "Having won the league, it is not the time to sit back + be content. That would be your biggest mistake. This is the time to send a strong message that there is no contentment."

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

Bit more. "It is not about numbers, it is about quality. The squad is a phenomenal squad. You don’t win the PL and reached the CL final if you don’t have an incredible squad. We have that. But we will bring quality into the squad in a couple of key positions."

Interesting watch. I might well look for the next two parts now. Engaging manner.

Just reading back over recent posts ..... I don't for one minute believe Kane is leaving Tottenham as it's not in his hands. If he wanted out, he should never have extended. When he did, he handed ALL the power to Levy.

A new manager might persuade Kane to give it another go. But if City really come in and want him he will be off