The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 237K
Pretty sure Tommy Tucker had lost every game against him until he tipped up at Chelsea.

Nah, prob give him one of those **** ugly masks thoguh

Looked a pretty innocuous, if hard, collision too. Just shows yer.

FWIW, and this won't make you feel any better having been on that side of the coin in the biggest game of all, but any other day City win last night IMHO.

Just Pep getting too cute with personnel and players having an off day in a fina. Which happens.

Looked a pretty innocuous, if hard, collision too. Just shows yer.

FWIW, and this won't make you feel any better having been on that side of the coin in the biggest game of all, but any other day City win last night IMHO.

Just Pep getting too cute with personnel and players having an off day in a fina. Which happens.

I wasnt too fussed to be honest, I expected him to try this with PSG and Mbapep run riot. once we won the first leg, i was mentally in "this is all bonus territory' - I enjoyed the day, the chat online, the buildup, not the result but what a crackin day.

Rivalry aside, I love that.

2019 Tottenham was the same. They were just in wonderland being in Madrid. Brings to mind being in our favourite wine bar in Madrid, Fatigas del Querer, dinner time the day of the final, and these Tottenham lads came in to eat and as their walking past, this lads put his hand out and I'm like 'Yers having a good time. Boss Madrid isn't it?' And he stops and say's something along the lines of 'Mate, it doesn't get ANY better than this, does it? 45 years I've been following Tottenham and this just blows everything else away. 'Spurs. In a European Cup final! We've had 2 days already and it's the best trip and buzz I've ever had in my life. And you lucky bastards get to experience it all the time haha.' ...... Which we obviously don't but still, each and every European Cup final is as special as the last as you might never get there again. So I totally get your enjoyment yesterday. Even more so with it being the clubs first. And love that you took the right things from the day and savoured it all. Just getting there is reason to be massively proud enough.

I sincerely hope, if City do get back to another one (and I'm a great believer, at our level, that losing one can be the catalyst for driving them on to get back to another), you get to experience it in person. That will just complete everything for you.

Rivalry aside, I love that.

2019 Tottenham was the same. They were just in wonderland being in Madrid. Brings to mind being in our favourite wine bar in Madrid, Fatigas del Querer, dinner time the day of the final, and these Tottenham lads came in to eat and as their walking past, this lads put his hand out and I'm like 'Yers having a good time. Boss Madrid isn't it?' And he stops and say's something along the lines of 'Mate, it doesn't get ANY better than this, does it? 45 years I've been following Tottenham and this just blows everything else away. 'Spurs. In a European Cup final! We've had 2 days already and it's the best trip and buzz I've ever had in my life. And you lucky bastards get to experience it all the time haha.' ...... Which we obviously don't but still, each and every European Cup final is as special as the last as you might never get there again. So I totally get your enjoyment yesterday. Even more so with it being the clubs first. And love that you took the right things from the day and savoured it all. Just getting there is reason to be massively proud enough.

I sincerely hope, if City do get back to another one (and I'm a great believer, at our level, that losing one can be the catalyst for driving them on to get back to another), you get to experience it in person. That will just complete everything for you.

They should do, the age of the squad is there, and they've overcome the QF and SF mental block together. If we've had broken that barrier 4 years ago, Silva,Aguero,Kompany, Yaya etc would have been the driving force and there'd be none there going into next season.. This is the usual summer in the cycle where they spend 200mil over jsut grabbing what they need in a position or two. Can defo see a big move and a suprise in the outgoings.

They should do, the age of the squad is there, and they've overcome the QF and SF mental block together. If we've had broken that barrier 4 years ago, Silva,Aguero,Kompany, Yaya etc would have been the driving force and there'd be none there going into next season.. This is the usual summer in the cycle where they spend 200mil over jsut grabbing what they need in a position or two. Can defo see a big move and a suprise in the outgoings.

FWIW, Munich aside, City are the only team, domestically and in Europe, I'm looking at having to finish in front of next year as I type.

Getting to the final under Pep and over that mental bloke as you noted, put's City into a whole new European threat bracket for me.

Hopefully he’s learned from yesterday if they get there next year. He’s said after the match he did it for the best of the team but I’m not having that.

Hopefully he’s learned from yesterday if they get there next year. He’s said after the match he did it for the best of the team but I’m not having that.
They will have other chances but this year was their best chance. In a season plagued by the pandemic and injury issues for most top clubs due to fixture congestions, City with the deepest squad and who can rotate the most were at an advantage. You need to take advantage in times like this when other clubs have downturns. I don't know how they let it get away yesterday, they had all the momentum and this Chelsea side who got stunned in a final recently and limped to 4th place outworked them completely yesterday. It reminds me of our CL final against Tottenham and in an alternative universe if we had lost that like City did I would be ******* livid and rightly ****** off.

Yeah I think there's an opportunity to start new european dynasty, since all 3 teams that dominated 2010s are in need of major rebuild. Barca and Madrid are in deep doodoo while Bayern maybe have one more season in them with Lewy, Neuer and Mueller all reaching mid 30s.

Yeah I think there's an opportunity to start new european dynasty, since all 3 teams that dominated 2010s are in need of major rebuild. Barca and Madrid are in deep doodoo while Bayern maybe have one more season in them with Lewy, Neuer and Mueller all reaching mid 30s.
Barca and Madrid need a proper rebuild, since their prospects haven't exactly performed as expected (Barca, more so than Real). On the other hand, Bayern are really well placed throughout. Muller can easily dominate for a couple of years more, since his game has never been about pace. They already signed Nubel to take over from Neuer. They have a solid young-ish team built up in Sane, Gnabry, Kimmich, Goretzka, Sule, Upamecano, Davies among others. Bayern, with a couple of signings, are well placed to dominate through again. Don't think they need a major rebuild.

Barca and Madrid need a proper rebuild, since their prospects haven't exactly performed as expected (Barca, more so than Real). On the other hand, Bayern are really well placed throughout. Muller can easily dominate for a couple of years more, since his game has never been about pace. They already signed Nubel to take over from Neuer. They have a solid young-ish team built up in Sane, Gnabry, Kimmich, Goretzka, Sule, Upamecano, Davies among others. Bayern, with a couple of signings, are well placed to dominate through again. Don't think they need a major rebuild.
I am waiting to see how Barca will follow after Messi. Will it be crashing down or they manage to use that freed up wage for few stars to hold the boat up and push. But considering Barca board and mess they keep pulling themselves, don't see them thinking ahead and using that wage wisely.