The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 244K
Sterling, Silva and KDB will start the season as first choice

It would be good, but cant see it happening. He is not that consistent and good player comparing to other options. If he had a good Euros then it would be other story, but for now he is going down in pecking order. It would be good to have English talent used, but that team is packed of attacking players. If Bony goes then he might be used more as Kun sub and played as striker.

Only certain player to pick for fantasy would be KDB and if not injured Kun himself.

Not really sure how a European Championship can be used as a barometer of how good a player is, I mean full England squad did jack ****, you know who else had a **** Euros Thomas Muller.

The kids 21, and most players at that age are not consistent, what Sterling needs is some proper coaching some one who will guide him, there is plenty of potential there but he also has to work hard and apply him self.

I also think City bought him becuase Pep wanted him, I don't think he was a Pellegrini signing at all, we will see I am with Mike tho

Bujakaa, his most effective role is as a 10. Save for him not being able to finish for ****.

He won't be a 10. The closest mould is Douglas Costa. Pep could see Sterling take massive leaps ahead, as unlike under pellegrini he will be coached

I very much doubt he'll be played as a 10 either at City. Just saying that's where he played his best football and looked the most promising at Anfield the second half of 13/14. Picking it up, turning and going straight through the middle attacking the one-on-one gaps Suarez and Sturridge's movement created.

He gets pegged as a winger down to his lightening pace but he's got nowhere near the difference making ability to consistently beat his man out wide. And that's not even mentioning his final ball.

Very curious to to see if there's a leap forward under Guardiola or more of the same. Just have a feeling he'll go down as another in a long line of very promising kids who never fulfil what they have to what they should of been.

Last edited:
He won't be a 10. The closest mould is Douglas Costa. Pep could see Sterling take massive leaps ahead, as unlike under pellegrini he will be coached

Yes most definitely not a 10, and I was trying to think who Pep has coached who is most similar and you are right Costa fits that bill.

Yes most definitely not a 10, and I was trying to think who Pep has coached who is most similar and you are right Costa fits that bill.

Sterling has all the raw ingredient's but doesn't know how to use them. Having the ingredients is easy for Guardiola, he'll mould him.

Simon Stone– ‏@sistoney67

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

As expected, Sane to @ManCity is done. Five-year deal. £37m plus add ons. Pep's squad starting to take shape.

**** you scouse :)

For a top manager, Guardiola has one of the worst transfer records. Long may it comtinue.

For a top manager, Guardiola has one of the worst transfer records. Long may it comtinue.
well he has never really had to build a side with barca and bayern he was given insanlly good sides

This young lad any good? Know little about him other than he is like lightning pace wise

Back